Motion Sickness tips

MalkaR

Mouseketeer
I wanted to share how I dealt with my very severe motion sickness for Universal today. I was so nervous, so I got scopolamine patches and put one on, and then took one meclizine (OTC/less drowsy) and I did so so well. I didn't even have an issue with Forbidden Journey. So if you know you're prone to motion sickness, ask your doc if you can double up with the patch and OTC. It worked great for me!

So glad you found something that works for your motion sickness. The scopolamine patches worked great for me during my Sept 2020 trip but it really messed up my vision quality and my eyes never went back to 100%. I wish I could use them again with no side effects because it’s the only thing that worked on my motion sickness. I’m just too scared it’ll make my eyes even worse if I tried it again.

So glad you found something that works for your motion sickness. The scopolamine patches worked great for me during my Sept 2020 trip but it really messed up my vision quality and my eyes never went back to 100%. I wish I could use them again with no side effects because it’s the only thing that worked on my motion sickness. I’m just too scared it’ll make my eyes even worse if I tried it again.
Wow, so sorry to hear that! I wouldn't try them again, either! I hope you find something that works for you.

I've been lucky - the scop patches work so well for me and I've only had minor, and more importantly temporary, side-effects: blurred vision and dry mouth while actively wearing them and some dizziness when I took the last one off. I don't have those every time I wear them, more often than not, I experience no side effects.

I wanted to share how I dealt with my very severe motion sickness for Universal today. I was so nervous, so I got scopolamine patches and put one on, and then took one meclizine (OTC/less drowsy) and I did so so well. I didn't even have an issue with Forbidden Journey. So if you know you're prone to motion sickness, ask your doc if you can double up with the patch and OTC. It worked great for me!
I'm glad that worked for you! Even the less-drowsy and 'non-drowsy' versions of any motion sickness pill turns me into a zombie. I'm okay until I sit down. Once I sit down, it's everything I can do to not fall asleep.

After trying the various meds, including the scopolamine patches that messed with my vision and caused severe dry mouth, I purchased a ReliefBand Premier. Pricy but oh so worth it for me.

After trying the various meds, including the scopolamine patches that messed with my vision and caused severe dry mouth, I purchased a ReliefBand Premier. Pricy but oh so worth it for me.
I am going to have to try that!!! You are right, it is pricey but I will try it for my next trip to Disney and Universal. thank you!

wow that looks amazing! hoping something like that would work for me. Why did you choose the reliefband premier over other similar/less costly bands?

wow that looks amazing! hoping something like that would work for me. Why did you choose the reliefband premier over other similar/less costly bands?
When comparing the different Reliefbands, I liked the idea of the more intensity settings as well as the look of the premier version.

Seabands (a less expensive version of relief band) work great for my son’s motion sickness. I didn’t really expect them to but they do. I would absolutely recommend trying a wrist pressure alternative for anyone who can’t or doesn’t want to take the drugs.

Seabands (a less expensive version of relief band) work great for my son’s motion sickness. I didn’t really expect them to but they do. I would absolutely recommend trying a wrist pressure alternative for anyone who can’t or doesn’t want to take the drugs.
Reliefbands use electrical stimulation, Seabands use pressure.

We're booked for our first trip and I feel like I'm going to skip most screen rides. I know, that's a lot, but even at Disney they make me feel off the rest of the day. I have some younger ones who won't ride everything anyways.

Are some of them worse than others?

When comparing the different Reliefbands, I liked the idea of the more intensity settings as well as the look of the premier version.
sorry one more question for you. Did you find the short battery life to be a problem for the Reliefband premier. Reading amazon reviews that is my only reservation but also like the look and levels on the premier

sorry one more question for you. Did you find the short battery life to be a problem for the Reliefband premier. Reading amazon reviews that is my only reservation but also like the look and levels on the premier
I didn’t have a problem. I would turn it on a very low setting just before boarding a ride, increase the setting to what I felt was enough after settling in, then turn it off after the ride.

I charged it anytime I was back in my room . I guess if you’re worried, take the charging stuff with you and find a plug during the day.

If Seabands don't work at all, does that mean the Reliefband probably won't also?
Seabands gave me a little relief when I used them and dramamine. I’ve since used my Reliefband on 2 trips and have been symptom free. I’ll be using it again in a couple of weeks and will be happy to report whether it worked again..

I didn’t have a problem. I would turn it on a very low setting just before boarding a ride, increase the setting to what I felt was enough after settling in, then turn it off after the ride.

I charged it anytime I was back in my room . I guess if you’re worried, take the charging stuff with you and find a plug during the day.
So from this post, I ordered a Relief Band and just got it yesterday. I am SO hopeful it works for me. First try out will be tonight when I let hubby drive to dinner. If I don't arrive feeling slightly nauseous - huge win! Fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!

So from this post, I ordered a Relief Band and just got it yesterday. I am SO hopeful it works for me. First try out will be tonight when I let hubby drive to dinner. If I don't arrive feeling slightly nauseous - huge win! Fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!
I so hope it works for you!

Question about the patches. These are not sold in Canada, Am I able to pick up at let's say Walfart once we are in Orlando? I would love to try these to see if they help me.

I'm pretty sure you need a prescription.
I see they are available on the walfart website to order - even in Canada, but they would not come in time for me before we leave. I wish I had seen this sooner so that I could order them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter