Motion sickness - Soarin vs Mission Space Green

HeiHei2018

Mouseketeer
I get motion sick easily and had an unpleasant experience on a motion simulator at Sea World a while back. For those who have similar troubles, would you recommend Soarin or the mild Mission Space as a trial run? The nausea gets worse when I am near the edge of the screen or some things in my field of vision are not moving. Thanks!

Hi! I also get motion sickness. I do fine on Soarin but not Mission Space Green. I won't do that ride again. I can't imagine what Orange is like!

Good to know. Mission Space will be early in our day, so I will not attempt it and risk ruining the rest of the day.

I do not get motion sick much, but I am the same. Soarin is fine and could do it over and over. I did not like Green—i just felt off after for a bit. I have also done orange years ago when i didn’t realize how intense it was and thought my head would explode

I have to close my eyes occasionally for Soarin'. I would never do Mission: Space, as much as I want to do it. Big Thunder Mountain was the first one that just killed me for the entire day.

I get every type of sick there is whether it's car, sea, ride, swing, even airplane sick! Soarin has never made me feel ill. Never done mission space though for that reason.
My experience is you can want to enjoy something until the cows come home, but if your body disagrees there's very little you can do... don't jeopardise the whole day.
I found flight of passage made me slightly queasy, I would say FOP is more intense than soarin IMHO. 😊

I usually get motion sickness quite easily but I was fine on soarin!
Did not try Mission Space because of previous reports of motion sickness... so can’t comment on that one
Honestly soarin was one of my favorite rides ever!

Several people in our family can't do
Mission space green but are perfectly fine on sorin and FOP (most can only do FOP once but could do sorin several times). That said if non moving objects bother you ask for the last row middle section on sorin... B 3 I think that way nothing should be in your line of vision (feet from other riders) and nothing should be distorted like it can be if you’re on the side.

OP, it's been years since I've been to Sea World but I recall going on a motion simulator ride there also that destroyed me. I can get motion sickness a lot but it has never caused me to actually throw up. That one did (thankfully when I got off the ride). Star Tours will bother me also.

But things like Soarin or Flight of Passage do not bother me. It's the actually simulators where you get into a "vehicle" of sorts. I won't even try Mission Space.

Soarin is fine, although on the edges makes me a bit queasy. The old film was worse due to quality of the picture and the movements becoming off from the film.

I've never tried MS green, but orange was so terrible. Star Tours is also terrible for me.

I do fine on Soarin. The old Star Tours I did have a mild queasiness on but after the upgrade I have no issues. Mission Space Green is fine for me but Orange is almost my limit.

I've always been fine on Soarin, but I remember my friend feeling a bit rough when we were seated at the edge. If you have concerns, politely ask a cast member if they can put you in section B, which is in the center, and it should help!

We have some in our family that get motion sick very easily. Nobody does on Soarin'. If you are afraid of heights, that is another story.

I also like Soarin' but not Mission Space Green (don't want to try orange). How does Rock n' rollercoaster compare to it all?

Mission Space is more of a car sickness whereas Soarin’ is heights. Totally different animals imo.

I literally never get motion sick in real life. I've been the only person on a boat that wasn't seasick. Mission Space orange screwed me up the rest of the day. I'm afraid to try it or green. Soarin otoh, is amazing.

I rode Mission Space when it first opened, and it left not feeling quite right for months. Unless they have really ganged it, stay away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter