Mother-Daughter Trip of a Lifetime!! WDW August 29-Sept 3 2015- NEW Link to 9/16 PTR!

I love your report so far. My mom and I go yearly too but sometimes I am sad because my dad doesn't go (he's not a big fan of crowds or florida weather).
Glad to see another mother/daughter duo.

I love your report so far. My mom and I go yearly too but sometimes I am sad because my dad doesn't go (he's not a big fan of crowds or florida weather).
Glad to see another mother/daughter duo.

Thanks so much for reading! My dad likes Disney, but prefers to relax and spend a lot of time at the pool, where as me and Mom do full out 13 hour days every day!! If it were up to my dad, we would be staying at the GF, but we're more low maintenance and like our park time ;)

Day 2: Part 3: More Magic Kingdom!! princess:

Hello hello! Where we last left off, Mom and I had just ridden a classic, Peter Pan's Flight! We waited a bit longer for it than we would have hoped (about 40 minutes), but the new line area was awesome! Plus, we have a FP for it later in the week, so no worries!

b1421f85-6aaa-4721-8df3-128cb6fab152_zpszjksmpmp.jpg

After Peter Pan, we headed over to Tomorrowland! Not sure why, but I ALWAYS associate Tomorrowland with nighttime. I don't think we've ever done Tomorrowland during the daytime for some reason. We decided to start it off with a new ride for us, Tomorrowland Speedway!

Yeah... I'm gonna have to put the big NOPE on this one. Easily my least favorite ride in WDW. We are used to extreme go-carting every year up in Northern WI, so we get super competitive with these types of rides! Turns out, you can't even go super fast or bump into people (obviously, safety DOES come first). Plus, I kept hitting the side of the little divider thing that goes between your car to keep you on the track. So this was a one and done for us :drive:

After the disappointing ride on Tomorrowland Speedway, we headed over to one of my mom's favorites, Buzz Lightyear! Obviously its one of her faves, because she kicks major boo-tay on this ride! She completely pummeled me on this one, which, granted, isn't very hard to do because my aim is zero. I wish we would have bought our pic for this one, we both looked very focused and intense!

After Buzz, we conquered Space Mountain. It's funny, I love roller coasters, but Space Mountain tends to give me whiplash, so I was a bit nervous. But, no whiplash was had and it was super fun for us both! Funny story- my parents and sister came to WDW in 1994 when my mom was pregnant with me. While Haley (my sister) and Mom got a snack, my dad decided to do Space Mountain. They found him about 45 minutes later laying face-down on a bench because the ride was so rough that he slipped a disk in his back. He ended up needing to get cortisone shots when they got home :crazy2:

Once we were through with Space Mountain, we took a spin on the People Mover to rest our legs. Then, we decided to do the Astro Orbiter since it was now dark out and we wanted to see the park lights. It was fun, but the g's on that ride are surprisingly intense!

Now, when we first got into Tomorrowland, we agreed that needed to do the Carousel of Progress, since we've never done it before. We were both STARVING when the Astro Orbiter was done, but we decided to stick it out. Yay, we were finally getting on the Carousel of Progress after all these years!! Or...not?

(Btw- terribly sorry for the lack of pictures in this update!! For good measure, here's a silly one that I missed back from Philharmagic):

IMG_1956_zpsmfgrxc5o.jpg

Continued in next post: Magic Kingdom Part 4!!

Last edited:
Day 2: Part 4: Magic Kingdom!!

My mom and I were all smiles as we boarded the Carousel of Progress. Ever since seeing the movie Tomorrowland in the theatre back in May, I wanted to try this ride. We sat down and listened to the intro with the curtain down, then the theme song started playing! Then...nothing. We kinda looked around at each other and just listened to the song. My mom made a comment, saying "Wow, this ride is slow!" :rotfl: Once the song ended, the intro started up again. Ok, maybe it'll work this time! Nope, we still sat through that whole song again, waiting for the theatre to rotate. Good thing "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" is catchy! After proceeding to listen to the intro and song two MORE times, we decided to just cut our losses and exit the theatre. :sad:

maxresdefault_zpshzoxcbel.jpg

(not my photo)

This was the extent of our ride... 8-)

After the Carousel of Progress fail, we knew that dinner was in order. I really wanted to try Cosmic Ray's since we've never been there before, but my mom wanted pizza. So, we headed over to Pinocchio Village Haus to order pepperoni flatbreads, caesar salad, and garlic knots. Honestly, I was getting pretty tired at this point, so all I really wanted was a large Diet Coke. After my caffeine fix, I got my second wind and we headed over to watch the Main Street Electrical Parade!

I LOVE this parade! We got an OK spot sitting on the pavement, then once the parade was done, booked it over to the hub to watch Wishes. Wishes is an absolute must for me every trip, it just doesn't feel like WDW without Wishes. I hope they never change this show.

Once Wishes finished, Mom and I headed over to Main Street to do some shopping. I definitely needed a moment to wipe the tears from the beautiful show.:earboy2: Then, my mom started crying (because pretty much every time she sees me cry, she starts to cry). We probably looked like crazies, crying at Disney! We looked in the bakery, the Pandora store, and the art store. This painting spoke to me on a spiritual level (especially after my emotional reaction to Wishes) so I bought a print.

IMG_1928_zpsmgnd4gpr.jpg

(not my photo)

Now, it's framed and hanging in my room up at school :) I feel like it really captures the Disney magic with the little boy up on his dad's shoulders, and I love the attention to detail (hello, Casey's Corner!). The artist is Thomas Kinkade.

After shopping a little bit more, we managed to catch the second showing of the parade at 11 PM. We ended up scoring great seats right under the train station!

We captured one last picture of the castle before heading back to the CBR.

IMG_1913_zpsdgdxptux.jpg

Once again, we stopped at Old Port Royale for our night-time hot chocolate and headed back to the room for showers and more girly TV before bed! We watched a few episodes of Say Yes to the Dress (which my dad despises) and called it a night at about 12:45 AM.

Coming Up Next: Day 3- Hollywood Studios!! :smickey:

Ah I'm sorry you didn't get to ride Carousel of Progress, it's one of my favorites! But you guys had such a nice evening :) And I love the print you bought!

Ah I'm sorry you didn't get to ride Carousel of Progress, it's one of my favorites! But you guys had such a nice evening :) And I love the print you bought!

Don't worry, we got to finally ride it eventually :) And every time I look at that picture I'm reminded of our wonderful trip!! Thomas Kinkade was such an exquisite artist.

Real Life Update!

OMG... To whoever is reading my trip report, I am soooo sorry! I've been doing a terrible job at updating this, mainly because I have been so busy! But, now that I am on break from school, I will be able to finish this baby up! So stay tuned (to the few people that are reading :laughing:)... I hope to have an update or two done tonight!!

Day 3: Hollywood Studios!! :smickey:

Today, my mom and I sprang out of bed at about 9:15 AM! We were going to Hollywood Studios today, yay! We were both very pumped, because some of our favorite rides are in this park, plus we had two awesome ADRs today! We made our way down to the bus stop at about 10:10 AM. Since there wasn't a DHS bus in sight, we started chatting with the cast member standing at the bus stop. I can't exactly remember his name, but he was a college program student from Texas and was extremely friendly! I mentioned to him that I wanted to try the college program next year and audition to become a face character. I remember, he looked me up and down and said, "You should definitely audition. You'd be perfect." Ummm... needless to say I was tickled pink... that was the compliment of the year for me :lovestruc

Soon enough, a bus rolled by and we said goodbye to our new friend! We had a park to conquer!

Our game plan for the day:
FP +
1:35-2:25 PM- Muppet Vision
2:45-3:45 PM- Tower of Terror
3:55-4:55 PM- Rock n Roller Coaster

ADRS
12:25 PM- Sci Fi Diner
7:45 PM- 50's Prime Time Cafe

We got into the park around 10:30 AM and we were instantly greeted with Frozen music being blasted into the park. The entrance was jam-packed, which made us a bit nervous for our day to come. However, we realized it was so crowded because there was the Frozen Summer Fun parade! It was really cute to see all of the little girls so entranced when Anna and Elsa floated by. Then, as a special surprise, it started to snow!

Once the main hub cleared out, my mom and I headed over to the Great Movie Ride for our first ride of the day! It was a 15 minute wait, so we were both happy. We love this ride, its a bit corny, but thats the best part for us! Although, it was odd seeing the new ending with Turner Classic Movies.

After that, we wandered over to Animation Courtyard to watch the Voyage of the Little Mermaid Show. Overall, its a cute show, but the Ariel we had spoke and sang SO softly...we could barley hear her! I totally understand that she needs to save her voice for multiple shows per day, but I was literally craning my neck and tilting my head trying to hear her! After the show, we tried looking in the gift shop for my Ariel ear headband, but alas, had no luck.

Once we were through with that, we decided to do some shopping before our lunch ADR. My boyfriend is a HUGE fan of Hercules, so I decided to get him this shirt:

new%20hercules_zpsffitdz5a.jpg

(not my photo)

Isn't it funny?? I told him he could wear it to the gym to intimidate all the other guys :rotfl:

Once we bought the tee shirt, we decided to head over to Sci Fi :yay: This is probably my favorite restaurant in all of Disney World. I love the shakes, I love the old movies, I love the car seating, I love everything! We got seated and I decided to snap a pic.

IMG_0697_zps9jq7jria.jpg

Kind of dark, but you guys get the point! We had an awesome waiter here. Once again, I completely forgot to write down his name, but he was so attentive and was always cracking really funny jokes! To drink, I had the Vanilla Coke and my mom ordered a Pepsi. We sat back, relaxed, and enjoyed trailers for blockbusters such as "Catwomen of the Moon" and "The Amazing Colossal Man." My personal favorite is the trailer with the dancing snacks popcorn::

To eat, I ordered the Chicken Pasta and my mom ordered the Smoked Turkey Sandwich. Overall, our food was good. Not spectacular, but hey, we don't come here for the amazing entrees ;) For dessert, I ordered the House-made Candy Bar while Mom had the warm glazed donut. The desserts were amazing (mine kind of reminded me of a swiss cake roll) but were soooo rich and stuffed us full.

After our huge meal, we waddled over Muppetvision to use our FPs and rest our stomachs. After the show, we looked in the gift shop for something for my sisters boyfriend. He is a huge muppet fan, but we didn't really find anything that stuck out to us. Once we were through in there, we walked Streets of America. Of course, I had to take advantage of the photo op:

IMG_1919_zpsuw6cjakj.jpg

Fun fact- Just last month, I auditioned and landed a role in my university's production of "Singin in the Rain"! I remember when we took this photo, I said, "I really hope I'm in the show next year..." Life works out pretty great sometimes :goodvibes

Well friends, this is where I leave you for now! Coming up next, Day 3: Hollywood Studios: Part 2! :rockband:

Congratulations on winning the part. That's really exciting! My daughter is 11 and already knows that she wants to do the College Program someday!

Following along! Can't wait for the day my daughters and I have daughter/mom trips to Disney!

Subbing in! Love seeing your adventures so far with your mom :)

Thanks so much for reading :)

I'm glad you're back writing :)

Thank you for your support :)

Congratulations on winning the part. That's really exciting! My daughter is 11 and already knows that she wants to do the College Program someday!

Thanks! Once I found out that DCP was a thing, I decided that I had to absolutely apply! I am applying soon for Fall 2016, hoping for either Recreation or Character Performing :)

Following along! Can't wait for the day my daughters and I have daughter/mom trips to Disney!

Thanks :) my mom kept telling people that the best part about vacationing now with her daughter was that we could enjoy a drink together at Disney! LOL

I am loving your trip report so far, and I can't wait to hear more! I would love to take trips with both of my daughters one on one like you and your mom are doing when they are older (they are 12 and 5 now). We could do all the things we want to do that my husband doesn't love! :) We are taking a family trip this September and are staying in CBR, so I can't wait to hear more about your trip so it can help us to plan ours.

I am loving your trip report so far, and I can't wait to hear more! I would love to take trips with both of my daughters one on one like you and your mom are doing when they are older (they are 12 and 5 now). We could do all the things we want to do that my husband doesn't love! :) We are taking a family trip this September and are staying in CBR, so I can't wait to hear more about your trip so it can help us to plan ours.

Thank you so much for reading along :) Mother-daughter trips are the best!!

Just found your TR - loving it so far! My daughter and I are taking our second annual Mother Daughter trip in Feb 6! Nothing in the world like sharing my favorite place with my favorite person! (and her name is Molly too!)

Just found your TR - loving it so far! My daughter and I are taking our second annual Mother Daughter trip in Feb 6! Nothing in the world like sharing my favorite place with my favorite person! (and her name is Molly too!)

Haha, what a great name ;) and thank you so much for reading! I've been trying to convince my mom to make this an annual thing...::yes::

Day 3- Hollywood Studios: Part 2! :maleficen

Hello Disfriends! Where we last left off, my mom and I were wandering about the Streets of America! Since we had some time to kill before our next fast passes, we decided to go into One Man's Dream. It was really neat looking at all of the park models, and the movie was touching as always.

After we exited One Man's Dream, it was time to conquer this beauty...

IMG_1924_zpshjrfo6h7.jpg

EEK! :scared1: On our family trip when I was 8 years old, I was very determined to do Tower of Terror since I was too afraid to ride it in 2000. I was cool as a cucumber while we waited in the long line, then as soon as we got into our seats, I lost it. I'm talking sobbing and screaming, "LET ME OFF, LET ME OFF!" My mom, being the wonderful mother that she is, promptly told me to "suck it up" and buckled my belt for me. And guess what? I ended up loving the ride, of course :rotfl2:

The ride was amazing, as always. We are huge Twilight Zone fans over here! However, in the gift shop, I noticed that my hands and fingers were sort of numb and tingling. I think it was because I was holding on so tight and they must have fallen asleep! After taking a trip through the twilight zone, we checked our FPs for Rock n Roller Coaster! This ride is my favorite ride in all of WDW (tied for Splash Mountain of course!) We loved it so much, and since it was only a 15 minute wait (gotta love September crowds) we decided to ride it again!

After those two extreme rides, we decided to take a little break and see a show. We had never seen the Beauty and the Beast show before, so off we went! Not before grabbing a snack, of course...

IMG_1925_zps9mcrhxgv.jpg

It was delicious while it lasted! I was about halfway finished with it when we sat down in the theatre, then it promptly fell apart in my hands!! I managed to salvage most of it, throw out the stick, and eat the rest of it like a sandwich :mickeybar. The lovely lady sitting behind us then offered me a wet wipe to clean off my hands, and soon we were watching the show! My mom's all time favorite Disney movie is Beauty and the Beast, and she loved it! All of the singers and dancers in this show were very talented, it definitely surpassed our expectations.

By this time, we had just over an hour until our ADR at 50s Prime Time Cafe. The lines for TSMM were insane all day, but since there was now only a 55 minute wait, we decided to jump on it. Neither of us had ridden TSMM before, and the queue area was so cute! To pass the time in line, we played the Alphabet Game and gagged at the PDA couple in front of us sticking their tongues down each other's throats. :crazy2: Because, you know, there's nothing more romantic than making out in a crowded, hot, queue line with young children running at your feet. :thumbsup2

Coming up next: Hollywood Studios: Part 3! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter