Most Valuable Rare Disney Pins Worth Money

Kennywood

Kennywood

Most Valuable Rare Disney Pins Worth Money​

by Brittany Alexandra Sulc

AA1b3Jj1.img

Are you a Disney fanatic? If not, you probably know someone who is. This is why Walt Disney was such a genius. He managed to create a world that's just as magical (and addictive) to adults as it is to children. Today, Disney trading pins have become one of everyone's favorite souvenirs in that world.

Kids and grownups alike swap pins, and if you save them for a few years, those Disney pin collections can be worth money. While most of the Disney pins on eBay are just a few bucks, the rarest pins might make you rich.

These are some of the most valuable rare Disney pins.

Super Jumbo Trader's Dream Disney Pin (Tie)​

Pin value: $650

Pins sold in their original packaging are always worth more than ones that have been opened up and put on display. This super jumbo limited edition pin is truly massive, measuring 5.5 inches across. The artwork for the pin was designed by Tyler Dumas, an artist working for Disney's Design Group.

The rare pin was made in 2007, and the seller originally hoped to get Scoop Sanderson to sign it on Disneyland's Main Street. After over 30 trips with no luck, the seller decided to let the pin go, selling it on eBay for $650.

Disney Harry Potter Fantasy Pin (Tie)​

Pin value: $650

Stepping away from the typical Disney characters, this Harry Potter themed pin is quite the mystery. It features Katie Bell, a minor Harry Potter character who was on the Gryffindor Quidditch Team, rather than one of the leads of the series, being tormented by a cursed necklace.

The unusual pin is one of the hardest to find, since only 15 copies were ever made. It sold on eBay with its original card in January 2022 for $650.

Disney Nightmare Before Christmas Profile Pin​

Pin value: $699.33

The soft, sage green backdrop of this limited edition pin brings out the fiery red-orange hair of Sally, the female deuteragonist of Disney's "Nightmare Before Christmas."

The large, round pin is a good choice for collectors who like to make trades in Disney's numerous parks, and it holds quite a bit of trading power, too — nearly $700 worth, to be exact.

Designsbygenn Disney Moana Profile Pin​

Pin value: $700

Some Disney pins are nearly exact copies of characters from the movies, but those produced by individual artists take more creative liberties. This rare pin features an elegant profile illustration of Moana, bearing more realistic features, defined curls and an ornate backdrop.

It's not tradable in the parks, but since only 75 copies were made, it's still extremely valuable. Did we mention it glows in the dark?

Disney Auctions Masterpiece Series Ariel Pin​

AA1b3tfg.img

This is a fun reboot of Grant Wood's renowned 1930 oil painting "American Gothic." The distinctive pin features Ariel dressed in all black, looking at her stormy-looking father, King Triton.

Only 100 copies of the limited edition enamel pin were produced, and the entire pin is edged with gold to make it even more valuable.

Source: https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/tr...2509b5cced40c39e159c4313e07054&ei=106#image=1

Looks like an advertisement…. and some of the pins they advertise are fantasy (fan made) pins, not authentic Disney pins

Looks like an advertisement…. and some of the pins they advertise are fantasy (fan made) pins, not authentic Disney pins
Interesting! I wonder if there’s info on just the legit Disney pins.

I saw someone on here that collects the hidden Mickey pins every year wonder if there’s value in those or if it’s just for fun. I forgot their user name. @Kennywood was that you?

No, while I do have some pins that I've acquired, I'm not a pin collector.

I do have 2 sets of pins from a Flower & Garden show that happened to be going on while we were there about 10-15 years ago. That's the extent of any "collection".

Last edited:
Authentic Disney pins are produced in such large quantities that you'd have to have some of the very first for them to be worth anything much today. And then, you'd need a buyer to give you what you thought it was worth.

There were some books on Disney pins that I bought about 20 years ago when I began buying pins. They just showed pins from various issuing years with approximate values.

I quickly noted that none older than those I'd bought were worth more than a few dollars above the in-park prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter