Most ridiculous injury you have had in your life?

So many stories...I got a bloody nose this week when the 3yo missed the toilet in the middle of the night and I fell in pee. Why he was using our bathroom and not his own? I have no idea, but falling in pee sure made me feel like a mom.

Was watching a commercial or something with a dude doing a ballet move. And I'm like wow I wonder how hard that is to do. So I tried and kick my foot full steam into my bedframe. I caused this bone/calcium deposit like a big head bump that never went away. Played a lot of football baseball only once had ruptured bursar sack. People will see it and bee like wow whered you get that football, and Im like no ballet.

when ds was about a year old he was on my lap and started laughing, during which he threw back his head.......into my nose. both dh and i heard the crack of the bone. off to the e/r i went. about 6 months later ds was doing one of those trying to wiggle out of my arms manuevers and again, threw his head back............into my nose. another trip to the e/r (both times i went alone b/c we lived close and it was easier to leave dh home with both kids).

it should be noted that the first time you go to an e/r, alone w/ a broken nose and blame it on an infant they are pretty cool with it. the second time in 6 months.........they have a kindly social worker step in and counsel you about how there's no shame in disclosing who is battering you and getting help.

Went to the doctor's office to have a nerve conduction test done because of some numbness in my toes on one foot. Tripped on the way into the examining room - split my lip and left blood everywhere. Mostly right where all of the office staff needed to walk to get to rooms. Off the to ER for 7 stitches - fortunately just next door. I think they finally took me seriously that something was wrong.

We replaced a closet door. Propped the old one up against the wall on the little porch off the kitchen. Later I boxed up some heavy glass bottles for recycling. Cardboard box on floor. Too heavy to pick up. Bent over & shoved said heavy box across the porch floor where it hit the bottom of propped up door which as I stood back up, toppled over & hit me right across the nose. I saw stars & next morning woke up with swollen nose & 2 black eyes.

A few months ago I stepped on a needle & it broke off in my foot. I had to have emergency surgery. That was fun. Oh, I almost forgot. 5 days later I got stung be a bee in the same foot and had my 1st ever bee sting reaction & had to be rushed to the ER. That was even more fun.

Last edited:
Four stitches in my lip from where I split it open.....during halftime of an indoor soccer game. Was taking a drink from your typical Aquafina water bottle, my teammate walked by and bumped the bottle with her leg in just the right way.

Toss-up between reaching for the shampoo on the ledge in the tub (I was outside the tub reaching in) slipping and breaking my shoulder, and smashing 2 fingers in between garage door panels. It took almost a full year for my fingers/fingernails to look normal again, they were black and gross for a long time and the nails came off. There are many more, I'm very clumsy and accident prone.

I was hit in the face with a batted baseball. It broke my nose. Oh, and the dog hit his head into mine once and knocked me out. I was sitting on the ground planting little bedding plants. The dogs were playing. Baron ran into me and smashed his head into mine. I woke up on the ground with the dog licking my face. I was only out a short time, but it was very unnerving.

We had a rope swing in our backyard. I was in second grade. My friend was swinging on the rope and I got in the way and got kicked in the head then fell and hit my head again on a rock. Was in the hospital for a week after that for a concussion.

Barefoot construction: Was building a closet and tacked one side of the header in and was putting the other side in place when it fell on my foot. I partially amputated my middle toe (bone broke clean through) and it was an open fracture so would not stop bleeding. Didn't go to the podiatrist until the next day. That was two years ago and it is still messed up.

#1 Young me went sledding when I was in my early 20's and was mowed down by the person behind me. My ankle looked like a balloon, but it was just a bad sprain.

#2 I tore my meniscus walking up the 4 stairs to our deck. Had to have surgery.

I am pretty accident prone.

But this is the most ridiculous.
I was barefoot and my drunk friend fell on my foot and rebroke my big toe.
I had just had a cast taken off like a week before for yes the same toe, which I first broke it once again barefoot and I had my car door come back and slam on it.

Honorable mention:
I had sprained my ankle just walking.
I had almost rexovered when I tripped over my big dog trying to get him in the house I fell down the back steps and heard it snap.
I go back to my dr and he takes x rays. He was surprised to find it wasn't fractured as it looked awful. So I have to wear a boot that look like a Frankenstein leg.
I was able to stop wearing it a few days before taking my DD on her first trip to WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter