Most important things to consider in a theme park?

astrospire

Earning My Ears
Hi, (I’m new here, so sorry if this thread is in the wrong place, I looked and this seems the most suitable place) but I’m currently studying GCSEs, and for part of my final life to one of my GCSE Art projects, I want to design my own theme park. My theme that I’ve chosen leading up to this has been Disney World, and I’ve always had a passion for designing new things, so I’ve decided to take on the task of designing a theme park of my own, with a park map and for my final piece creating what could be seen as an advertisement for it.

So my question, what are essential things to consider to make a theme park truly special, and make it a great experience? (The park will also have influence from Disney in that the lands will be heavily themed and immersive) so like, what types of attractions, food, stores, features, and decorations do you think would be good features?

Since it is a final project in a class I feel like you should be doing your own research instead of asking random people their opinions.
I would suggest looking at how successful theme parks are designed and make determinations of what is most important based on that in addition to your own personal experience with theme parks and what you appreciate most about them.

think of the traffic flow, make things in a logical sequence. There is nothing worse than trying to go against the traffic flow to get to somewhere.

Think of the weather / location

In Disneyland Paris for example, they have designed covered walkways so that guests can go from one area to another and not get wet in the rain.

The same would apply to Florida / California, where there are shady areas to shelter from the burning sun

low level buildings make an area feel less crowded and congested than tall buildings

look at the different types of ride designs and how they impact guest loading and unloading. Compare Pirates of the Caribbean / Haunted Mansion high capacity fast loading to Peter Pan which is notoriously slow loading

know exactly who your target audience is and design for them. Have 4 or 8 types of people, research marketing customer profiles

Also research Bush Gardens VA and FL, they both are really well done parks with their theming (especially VA). To me the big difference between BG and WDW is the cast members/employees. And BG only had 1 indoor dining w/ a/c where as most dining in WDW has indoor dining. We never gave this a thought until BG in August this summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter