Mosquitoes??

mizv

Earning My Ears
Hi, up here in IL the ,mosquitoes were out in full force last night.

Might be a silly question, but should we pack mosquito repellent? Are they bad? We leave on Sat.

Thanks!!!

I had never had a problem with mosquitos at WDW -- which is odd for what essentially swampland. I figure they treat pretty heavily.

However, we stayed at the BCV earlier this month and I did get bitten a few times when walking in the evening along the back path from the Villas to Epcot, and in the courtyard outside of the Marketplace. So, it may depend on where you are staying and what you're doing. I think, in general, the parks and most of the resort areas are fine.

(Please also note that mosquitos find me DELICIOUS. I am a mosquito magnet. We can be out somewhere and I will be the only one who gets bitten, and I'll have bites all over me.)

I wouldnt worry about it.
Bring bug spray just in case the most bugbites I've gotten from disney is maybe two on a leg one on my arm and they werent bad at all didnt bother me and usually I'm FULL of bugbites.

Bugs love me :sad2: I'm always all bitten up in the summer!

We stayed at the cabins at FW last June and the bugs were bad in the evenings when we sat out on our deck...but in the parks we were never bitten- not even once. And I- like others here- am a bug magnet! LOL!!;)

My sis worked at Disney off and on for many years. She told me that all the parks are heavily sprayed for those pesky bugs. Most resorts are as well. I am sure the cabins aren't due to their location. :)

She never was bit in all her years working at the parks. For that matter, I don't ever remomber getting bit either and we always traveled during August.

I have seen some huge spiders, butterflies etc. But Mosquitoes no problems. :)

Has anyone tried those misquito clip on things?? I saw them advertised somewhere, cannot remember who makes them or where to get them. But they looked pretty neat. They clip on to your belt or wasitband..sort of a flea collar concept...

Has anyone tried those misquito clip on things?? I saw them advertised somewhere, cannot remember who makes them or where to get them. But they looked pretty neat. They clip on to your belt or wasitband..sort of a flea collar concept...

I saw them at Walmart a couple days ago just inside the door. I didn't pay attention to them too much but they are blue.

WDW contrary to popular belief, is not a swamp, it was never all swamp either.

Mosquitos breed in shallow, standing water, lakes and ponds, not flowing rivers or canals. So if you are near the edge of a lake or pond guess what's there? Those are also the places that get treated. I wouldn't bother bringing bug spray unless I was camping.

We also stayed in the cabins last June and also had a problem with mosquitoes during the first part of our stay. I get up very early (around 5:00am). While I was sitting on the deck, enjoying a cup of coffee, I saw the CM's out in white body suits with breathing gear on, fogging the loop that we were on. I think I saw maybe one mosquito after that (and it wasn't in very good shape).

I have never had a problem inside the parks with bugs. If you are staying at FW, I would pack bug spray just in case you hit one of those times before they fog like we did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter