Morning Fun runs at resorts?

CableKC

DIS Veteran
Whenever I go on vacation, I like to go running at some point ( mainly to burn off the tons of food that I eat during a trip ). Last time, I just ran around the trail that POR has designated for runners. But I I read or saw some YouTube video about how there are morning Fun Runs that are organized by the Disney at the various resorts throughout the week.

Does anyone know about these and when/where these occur throughout the week?

• All-Stars and Icons Fun Run at All-Star Movies (Every other Tuesday 8AM)
  • The Southernmost Point 3K at Old Key West (Wednesday 7:30 AM)
  • The Derby Dash at Saratoga Springs Resort (Thursday 8AM)
  • The Regatta Run at Yacht/Beach Club (Thursday 8AM)
  • Seaside Sprint Fun Run at Disney’s Boardwalk Resort (Friday 8AM)
  • The Beignet Dash at Port Orleans French Quarter (Sunday 8AM)
Each run is about $15, if I remember right, and has it's own little swag bag that varies based on which resort you're at. I did the Beignet Dash while I was there in October - it's on the path that goes around POFQ/POR. At the end of the race, you get to go to the Food Court and get an order of Beignets. 😋

Thanks for the response.

I'm staying at Port Orleans Riverside. The only run that I could possibly do would be the Thursday run at Saratoga Springs or at the Yacht/Beach Club.

The problem is that I don't have a car rental. This means that in order to register there by 7:30am, I'd have to make my way from POR all the way to either by that time.

What options do I have to get from POR to either Saratoga Springs or the Yacht Club?

The Ferry Boats don't operate that early. The only thing I can think of is either to call a Taxi or take one of the Buses to the closest park to either and then take the bus to the Resort from there.

Thoughts on this?

I have a feeling that it will be too much of a hassle and I may need to just run on my own around POR.

Bus to HS, warm up run to YC/BC. It adds about a mile each way. The fun run itself is only 3k, so adding the out-and-back to the HS buses puts you around 4 miles total.

Thanks for the responses. I got my Rest Days mixed up. The most flexible time I have is on early Wednesday morning ( our rest day ). That means the only one I can do is the Southernmost Point 3K run at Old Key West (Wednesday 7:30 AM).

Okay...so now, I have to get to Old Key West by 7am in the morning.

Is the only option at such an early time that I have is to get a taxi or Uber/Lyft to go from POR to Old Key West?

Is there Taxi or Uber/Lyft Service that leaves from the Resorts around 6:30am?

I have a stupid question. I see that Old Key West is physically less than 1 mile from Port Orleans Riverside. Is it possible for me to literally run there myself from POR to Old Key West?

I don't get the sense that the roads have any walking paths or that people are allowed to run on the side of the road to get there.

If not....any other recommendations in regards to transportation to Old Key West that early?

Thanks for the responses. I got my Rest Days mixed up. The most flexible time I have is on early Wednesday morning ( our rest day ). That means the only one I can do is the Southernmost Point 3K run at Old Key West (Wednesday 7:30 AM).

Okay...so now, I have to get to Old Key West by 7am in the morning.

Is the only option at such an early time that I have is to get a taxi or Uber/Lyft to go from POR to Old Key West?

Is there Taxi or Uber/Lyft Service that leaves from the Resorts around 6:30am?

I have a stupid question. I see that Old Key West is physically less than 1 mile from Port Orleans Riverside. Is it possible for me to literally run there myself from POR to Old Key West?

I don't get the sense that the roads have any walking paths or that people are allowed to run on the side of the road to get there.

If not....any other recommendations in regards to transportation to Old Key West that early?
Yes, your only option is getting an Uber or Lyft. There is no path to run between POR and OKW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter