More variety in Disney Springs

I've actually never seen a choir perform there. But regardless, I still think it would be in direct competition with Disney Floral & Gifts, unless they somehow made the truck an off-shoot of Disney Floral & Gifts. They'd also have to have all the flowers pre-arranged in vases, because I would bet very few visitors have anything to keep the flowers in back at their rooms. That would also mean people carrying vases around the Springs into restaurants and on buses, fewer hands to go shopping and spend $$ with, etc. I'm really not trying to pick the idea part, because its a good idea in theory, but just thinking from the practicality sense and reasons why Disney hasn't already done it.

I was thinking more of the fresh flowers given at performances, no vases; not sure what the pp meant so I don't want to speak for her. There are fresh flower trucks sort of like food trucks that have flowers only; we have one that sets up close to our performing arts center any time there is a performance. A water pitcher in the hotel would hold flowers vases really are not a requirement.

We gave a bouquet to my five year old granddaughter after her dance recital. She managed to go in the restaurant and eat without losing the bouquet. I think you are overthinking this. A bouquet, with stems tied together and in plastic or tissue isn't that hard to hold. A vase, yes, would be. A bouquet, no.

If it isn't a service that Disney Floral and Gifts would offer then its not in direct competition. They do resort deliveries.

I am surprised you haven't seen them. DD's choir performed at Disney Springs twice during her four years of high school and now they travel there every year. Every time they performed there were choirs before and after them. All kinds of choirs. When we have gone at other times, we have heard groups perform. Plus there is a choir competition there at least once a year, perhaps more often.

I wouldn't mind a pharmacy, but not a CVS or Walgreens. I'd like an old-fashioned pharmacy with a soda/ice cream counter, etc. in a Disney style. It should be fully functional as a pharmacy though, which would be super convenient. I suppose they could contract that out to one of the big chains so that prescriptions will be easier for people, but still keep the feel something unique.

I wouldn't mind a pharmacy, but not a CVS or Walgreens. I'd like an old-fashioned pharmacy with a soda/ice cream counter, etc. in a Disney style. It should be fully functional as a pharmacy though, which would be super convenient. I suppose they could contract that out to one of the big chains so that prescriptions will be easier for people, but still keep the feel something unique.

They could easily have some kind of "Olde Fashioned Shoppe" with a made-up backstory that filled this niche. You know, a place that could fit in on Main Street, but you could buy safety pins and band-aids and the like. A pharmacy counter would be a nice touch.

I was thinking more of the fresh flowers given at performances, no vases; not sure what the pp meant so I don't want to speak for her. There are fresh flower trucks sort of like food trucks that have flowers only; we have one that sets up close to our performing arts center any time there is a performance. A water pitcher in the hotel would hold flowers vases really are not a requirement.

We gave a bouquet to my five year old granddaughter after her dance recital. She managed to go in the restaurant and eat without losing the bouquet. I think you are overthinking this. A bouquet, with stems tied together and in plastic or tissue isn't that hard to hold. A vase, yes, would be. A bouquet, no.

If it isn't a service that Disney Floral and Gifts would offer then its not in direct competition. They do resort deliveries.

I am surprised you haven't seen them. DD's choir performed at Disney Springs twice during her four years of high school and now they travel there every year. Every time they performed there were choirs before and after them. All kinds of choirs. When we have gone at other times, we have heard groups perform. Plus there is a choir competition there at least once a year, perhaps more often.

Yep, exactly what I was thinking... and there is definitely some overthinking going on. This concept isn't new.

Here in the St Pete area, we have Posies Flower Truck and she is not offering vases and arrangements and her business is doing quite well. And she sometimes just parks near restaurants (and in tourist areas!) and people flock to grab a small bouquet of inexpensive fresh flowers. https://www.posiesflowertruck.com/

If a store selling mismatched socks (how did that last so long?!) and a cart selling those 3D metal spinner things can survive (and they are both CLEARLY a niche market!), I think an occasional flower truck/cart would be just fine :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter