More OKW questions...

rnnomore

Mouseketeer
Do the rooms in OKW have hair dryers? (I always ask because you just never know).

What is the best way to get to Epcot from OKW? I thought it was by bus. We have 6pm dinner ressies in Epcot on our day of arrival. Our travelling companions only land in MCO at 2:40 pm. Do you think this would be cutting it to close?

Yes, there are hairdryers in all of the OKW villas.

Transportation from OKW to Epcot is by bus.

I'm also sending you a PM.

Originally posted by rnnomore
Do the rooms in OKW have hair dryers? (I always ask because you just never know).

What is the best way to get to Epcot from OKW? I thought it was by bus. We have 6pm dinner ressies in Epcot on our day of arrival. Our travelling companions only land in MCO at 2:40 pm. Do you think this would be cutting it to close?
Yep, all DVC resorts have hairdryers in all bathrooms.

We find the bus service to be excellent. You rarely have to wait more than 10 minutes for a bus. If you look at a map of all of WDW, you will see that OKW is actually just across a roadway from the Epcot parking lot. Once you get on the bus, you will be at Epcot in about 15 minutes (depending on which bus stop you are at).

Thanks for the replies! We will meet our friends at OKW and then head over to Epcot's main gate. My family needs to buy our AP's and I just was not sure if it would be cutting it too close.

I am hoping they are at OKW by 4pm or so so they can check in, freshen up and we can be off!

Only 10 days to go!!!!

I think you will be fine time wise. If you are worried and you are getting there significantly ahead of your guests, you might try going over to purchase your APs ahead of time.

Question--why go eat at a restaurant where you have to pay $50 or more per person just to get into the place. I am talking about the price of admission to EPCOT. Why not change your reservation to one of the resort eating spots, they are better than EPCOT anyway????Your guests are going to have to spend XXX dollars for admission when it will be well past 4 o'clock. I always drive to EPCOT from OKW. It is a simple drive to get to BWV or BCV from OKW, there you can eat at plenty of there fine restaurants, like the Yacht Club. I find the restaurants at EPCOT places where they rush you. Just another thought--why are you eating at 6 when you friends may just get a room at 4 and need to unwind. Sounds like a commando situation, no offense.

Originally posted by Pa@okw95
Question--why go eat at a restaurant where you have to pay $50 or more per person just to get into the place. I am talking about the price of admission to EPCOT. Why not change your reservation to one of the resort eating spots, they are better than EPCOT anyway????Your guests are going to have to spend XXX dollars for admission when it will be well past 4 o'clock. I always drive to EPCOT from OKW. It is a simple drive to get to BWV or BCV from OKW, there you can eat at plenty of there fine restaurants, like the Yacht Club. I find the restaurants at EPCOT places where they rush you. Just another thought--why are you eating at 6 when you friends may just get a room at 4 and need to unwind. Sounds like a commando situation, no offense.
I agree, unless you have some sort of Annual Pass or similar, it doesn't make sense to pay for park admission for a dinner. And using the UMP isn't a reasonable option for this plan either. Hopefully you have an AP for each and every person and it doesn't matter.

Why are we eating at Epcot? Because we love to. The friends that are traveling with us are actually my Godmother and her husband. They have been to Disney maybe once or twice and have NEVER stayed on property nor have they EVER dined in any of the WDW restaurants. With that said, this trip was a surprise thank you trip for some really great stuff they have done for us over the last 4 years or so.

They want to do everything we do, so we are eating at Epcot, so they are eating at Epcot. (we will be buying AP's on this trip). This trip will not be commando style since we are going back over the holidays.

Thanks to all who replied to my post! As you can tell, I mostly lurk but now that our first trip "home" is approaching (9 days) I am starting to have lots of questions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter