More FP+ Testing

andyman8

DIS Veteran and WDW Passholder
WDW will be conducting more FP+ testing from December 11 to 15. The interesting thing about this test is that it will occur at MK and DHS, do it will be the first time they've tested it at two park at once.

Also, I think it will be similar to previous tests where DME guests can reserve the rides online. Can't wait for some love reports!

What do you think?

WDW will be conducting more FP+ testing from December 11 to 15. The interesting thing about this test is that it will occur at MK and DHS, do it will be the first time they've tested it at two park at once.

Also, I think it will be similar to previous tests where DME guests can reserve the rides online. Can't wait for some love reports!

What do you think?
~Thanks for the update, andyman8! This is SO exciting! I think it's very important to test during the busiest time of year! The earlier tests that were conducted this year, were a bit inconclusive, imo, just because it was very slow in the parks. I read many reports where people didn't find it necessary to use FP+ -- testing this in December will really put FP+ to the test, and *hopefully* people will appreciate it a lot more. We'll see! :goodvibes

Interesting. Pretty short time period, but maybe they expect a lul those dates before the holiday crowds.

Looking forward to DHS reports.

If it's like the last test, use Magical Express and hope they offer it when you arrive.

ok, please don't laugh but what's Magical express? You mean the bus service from the airport? What does that have to do w/the fast pass? TIA!

~Thanks for the update, andyman8! This is SO exciting! I think it's very important to test during the busiest time of year! The earlier tests that were conducted this year, were a bit inconclusive, imo, just because it was very slow in the parks. I read many reports where people didn't find it necessary to use FP+ -- testing this in December will really put FP+ to the test, and *hopefully* people will appreciate it a lot more. We'll see! :goodvibes

December 11-15 is hardly a busy time. One week later is, but not then.

ok, please don't laugh but what's Magical express? You mean the bus service from the airport? What does that have to do w/the fast pass? TIA!

Yes. WDW is apparently targeting out-of-towners for its tests.

Hmmm, interesting. GOOD to know. So am I suppose to ask our hotel when we arrive/check in? Or ask someone else? :confused3

We are arriving on the 8th and family is arriving on the 12th. DO you think we'll be offered it on the 8th (starting the 11th of course)?
Would love to try it out!

Hmmm, interesting. GOOD to know. So am I suppose to ask our hotel when we arrive/check in? Or ask someone else? :confused3

If the previous tests are any indication of how this one will go, you will either be invited to participate or you can ask at the ME counter at MCO. Otherwise you would be out of luck. No harm in asking whoever you see, though.

ETA: I forgot, FP+ is still a "rumor". :rolleyes:

From Disney;
From Dec. 11-15, select Guests who are registered to use Disney’s Magical Express service will be offered the opportunity to go online to pre-select four Disney FastPass+ experiences at Magic Kingdom Park and three experiences at Disney’s Hollywood Studios Park. Guests eligible for this test will be notified via mail this week, at the mailing address on the booking. The mailing includes FastPass+ cards

Yay! We are there the 13-17. Crossing fingers we are selected! We were there Sept. 16-22 and weren't chosen for the initial test but the two other families we were with were chosen and liked it. We are using DME too...

By mail, really? Fingers crossed we get picked because we are 11 days out. How do I know if I'm registered for magical express. I'm pretty sure we are since I believe it's on Disneys site when you log in.

If the previous tests are any indication of how this one will go, you will either be invited to participate or you can ask at the ME counter at MCO. Otherwise you would be out of luck. No harm in asking whoever you see, though.

ETA: I forgot, FP+ is still a "rumor". :rolleyes:

What's the ME counter at MCO? Thnx!

By mail, really? Fingers crossed we get picked because we are 11 days out. How do I know if I'm registered for magical express. I'm pretty sure we are since I believe it's on Disneys site when you log in.

You would have signed up when booking your trip. You give them your airline info and about a month out, you should have received a packet in the mail with the yellow sticker airline tags and booklet.

mommycal said:

You should have luggage tags and your DME passes by now if you are registered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter