More belt tightening: Health care budgeting, FSA's etc

I have used Health Care as well as Dependent Care FSAs, for several years. It really comes in handy with OTC medications and dental co-pays. The Dependent Care account saves me about 30% on day care.

Also, most Health Care plans feature a debit card which can be used at most major retailers for FSA eligible items as well as at the doctor's office.

we have done fsa for many years. The first year they offered it, our benefits person recommended that we save the receipts until the end of the year and turn it in at one time and you have your Christmas money. We have done it before and it works great. At one time we used mine for Christmas and DHs for vacation.

Now we seem to need it to pay for the larger deductibles we have.

My benefits person recommended the same thing, but I decided against waiting til the end of the year, because I don't want the insurance company to earn interest off my money. I would rather get the money back every time I spend it because then I can put the money into the account of my choice and gain the interest for myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter