Moonlight Magic Dates and Extended Evening Hours?

otterpop

DIS Veteran
I noticed that a few of the 2023 Moonlight Magic dates overlap with Extended evening hours typically scheduled for Wednesdays at MK. Has this happened in the past and if so, does Disney end up moving the Extended hours for MK to another night of the week. Would be a bummer to have to choose one or the other and not be able to take advantage of both.

I noticed that a few of the 2023 Moonlight Magic dates overlap with Extended evening hours typically scheduled for Wednesdays at MK. Has this happened in the past and if so, does Disney end up moving the Extended hours for MK to another night of the week. Would be a bummer to have to choose one or the other and not be able to take advantage of both.

in September, my plan was to do both MM at AK and the extended hours at MK... but the darn Hurricane had other plans :crazy2:

Reactions: rlk
I just realized this today for our August trip. The typhoon lagoon one is a wed night during MK evening hours. Kinda bummed.

We have that dilemma for our Feb 15 visit. We were super excited about MK evening hours, and then they went and announced Moonlight Magic at Epcot. 🙄 We’ve never been to Moonlight Magic, so I feel like we HAVE to try it, but watching videos from last year’s event (with the 60 minute lines for popcorn buckets) isn’t giving me the warm and fuzzies. 😔

in September, my plan was to do both MM at AK and the extended hours at MK... but the darn Hurricane had other plans :crazy2:
same. A logistical nightmare yet, would’ve been nice if they had given first dibs to an upcoming event for those of us who missed it due to the weather…I’d settle for A dole whip lol

Reactions: rlk
same. A logistical nightmare yet, would’ve been nice if they had given first dibs to an upcoming event for those of us who missed it due to the weather…I’d settle for A dole whip lol
Yeah, I know It was a free event but my non DVC friends who has Halloween party tickets got their tickets refunded and a one day park hopper (and their party wasn’t actually cancelled, just modified but they couldn’t go)

We have that dilemma for our Feb 15 visit. We were super excited about MK evening hours, and then they went and announced Moonlight Magic at Epcot. 🙄 We’ve never been to Moonlight Magic, so I feel like we HAVE to try it, but watching videos from last year’s event (with the 60 minute lines for popcorn buckets) isn’t giving me the warm and fuzzies. 😔
Go at 7, use your food vouchers, get a few rides in between 10 and 11 then decide if it’s worth staying :) you can always hop on the monorail to MK

Same. My husband and I had plans for the MM at AK and the MNSSHP the next night. This July, we are arriving one day after the last AK MM.

Last edited:
Probably a good time to take advantage of the Extended Hours. A large chuck of DVC Members will go to the free event at EPCOT, and since the DVC resorts are a fairly large chunk of the deluxe resort guests, wait times during the Extended hours should be less than usual. We've been to an EPCOT MM event in the past, and I would choose the Extended Hours if rides were the priority.

We actually just decided to skip the typhoon one this year and enjoy extended hours at MK instead. We did it last year and it was fun but I don't think worth it over MK late night.

They won't move it. Not sure why things are scheduled this way. There's even one of the EP Moonlight Magics that coincides with both MK EE and HS AH. Why there would be 3 late night events on one night nobody knows (except maybe WDW).

They won't move it. Not sure why things are scheduled this way. There's even one of the EP Moonlight Magics that coincides with both MK EE and HS AH. Why there would be 3 late night events on one night nobody knows (except maybe WDW).
They're probably trying to spread out the crowds.

Does Disney end up moving the Extended hours for MK to another night of the week. Would be a bummer to have to choose one or the other and not be able to take advantage of both.

I don't know why, but the MK EE this week is on Tuesday instead of Wednesday, and the EPCOT MM is on Wednesday.

I just noticed that registration dates have been posted on the member site:

Disney's Hollywood Studios

Event Dates: May 11, 2023 and September 13, 2023
Early Registration Window* – Opens April 4, 2023
General Registration
* – Opens May 3, 2023 and August 31, 2023

Disney's Animal Kingdom

Event Dates: July 11, 2023 and August 2, 2023
Early Registration Window* – Opens June 14, 2023
General Registration* – Opens June 21, 2023 and July 19, 2023

Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park

Event Dates: May 23, 2023 and August 23, 2023
Early Registration Window* – Opens April 26, 2023
General Registration* – Opens May 11, 2023 and August 9, 2023

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter