Mood Movies

nhJudi

Earning My Ears
Hi! I've been "lurking" on these boards for a month or so and finally decided to show myself! Thank you all for your help. I would like to start renting Disney movies for my 3 DDs to get us all in the Disney mood. I did rent Swiss Family Robinson- which we all loved and had never seen before. Any other ones?

Thanks,
Judi in NH

If you can find them, rent any of the Sing Along Songs. We have purchased a lot of them. My kids (3 and 1) especially like the ones with live people in them (Beach Party at Walt Disney World, Campout at Disney, Happy Haunting (for Halloween), Disneyland, 101 Dalmations). They are filmed at WDW or Disneyland and have lots of characters in them. The songs aren't all Disney, although some are. They are great fun. I know these have helped educate my kids about Disney and what goes on there. Not a week goes by that we don't watch them over and over. And they are only 30 minutes long. Several of them I had to buy online because they are no longer in stores. They were worth every penny (about $9-$12).

Movies that have associated rides or shows (off the top of my head):

Peter Pan
Honey I Shrunk the Kids (and sequels)
Dumbo
Alice in Wonderland
Winnie the Pooh movies
Lion King
Beauty and Beast
Tarzan
Dinosaur
Bug's Life
Aladin
Muppet movies
Snow White
Little Mermaid

There are others, but those are the only ones I can think of without getting out the park maps. Star Wars and the movies on the Great Movie Ride are referenced at MGM, but you can easily enjoy the rides without knowing the movies.

The first 2 on the list are the ones that I consider most critical for understanding rides. The Peter Pan ride is very close to the movie, and HIStK is pretty good to know for the 3D movie and playground.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest