Monsieur Paul - anyone eat there last night?

Marthasor

DIS Veteran
Hi! Monsieur Paul was supposed to open last night so I'm just checking in to see if anyone ate there? We have reservations for Saturday and I'm not sure if it's even open yet!

Thanks!

I think the Parks Blog posted that the re-opening was today. I have no idea if there have been media previews prior to today, though.

I just finished lunch in Chefs de France and the hostess confirmed Monsieur Paul opens tonight. I'll be there Friday.

Looks like ehagerty ate at Monsieur Paul tonight! She is in the process of posting a review on the dining review board.

OMG, the photos and descriptions of that opening night meal have got my salivary glands on overdrive. Must try out this new menu on our next trip.

I ate there this evening.

Technical points:

1. They do have a kids menu. However they offer the regular menu to everyone and will bring out the kids menu only on request.

2. The rumors of a new chef are somewhat exaggerated. He arrived in early April and not during the rehab. Also, he worked for Paul B for about ten years.

3. I was able to get copies of the regular, kids, and dessert menus. I have scanned them to a pdf file and have sent an e-mail to Admin to tell me to whom I can e-mail the file so the DisBoards menus can be updated.

4. Meal was up to its usual very high standards. Only problem we had with our server was he was not sure of the translations to English for some of the minor items in each course.

The review, the pictures fabulous, I look forward to the experience! I noticed that the escargots were prepared in the same manner as for F&W (we enjoyed these tremendously) , not as a ravioli as the menu dictates.

I dined at Monsieur Paul tonight. I loved it but I really enjoy a more formal menu and the chance to dine outside my comfort zone. I had the fixed price menu. The salmon was delicious and I don't typically care for salmon. It was a lovely starter. I chose the lobster for my appetizer and it was very good. My entree was the lamb which I have never order in a restaurant because I am really picky about the way it is prepared. You get a huge portion with an asparagus and goat cheese tart plus a little cassoulet of beams and ham/bacon. All very good. I chose the Grand Marnier souffle as dessert and it was orangey eggy goodness. A great meal.

They did have an issue with charging dining credits. So I do need to get that fixed at my resort. They charged everything to my card. Minor inconvenience.

I know a previous poster said there is a children's menu but they must really not want to use it. I was alone so observed quite a bit and one family ordered the fixed price menu for their son and even when he didn't touch any of the food before the entree nothing else was offered. Another party nearly left when they couldn't get a children's menu. Both parties handled it quite well and the two children were awesome little people - the kind you never mind being seated near.

I cannot wait to return with foodie friends!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter