Monorail or Bus Resort

schwrtzie

Earning My Ears
Hi all! New to forums, not a Disney fanatic, but have been a couple of times. Taking my 8 and 4 year olds for the first time, and trying to decide between the CR, Port Orleans or Beach and Yacht Club....Basically, the argument is monorail access or bus access. Any comments?:confused3
Thanks!

Well you would not get monorail access with any of the resorts you mentioned. you would have bus from CR, or Port Orlean or Beach and Yacht club. you would also have boats at the Beach and Yachtclub that would go to the International gateway at World Showcase and to MGM.
Monorail resorts would be the Grand Floridian, the Contemporary, and the Polynesian.

OK--Contemporary or Port Orleans or Beach Club? With an 8 and 4 year old, we will probably spend most of the time in Magic Kingdom, with occasional visits to Epcot, Studios and Downtown.

Well for sure if you are doing mostly MK then a monorail resort would be great, my personal favorite is the Poly which not only is a monorail resort but also is right there adjacent to the Transporatation and ticket center so easy to get anywhere from there.

The contemporary is great too since you can walk to the magic kingdom! We always stay around the international gateway. Previous 2 trips at the boardwalk and next one at Beach Club Villas. We love walking to Epcot. The kids enjoy walking to epcot for a quick breakfast then take the monorail to MK! If you want to save on cost....go with all stars! My kids get a kick out of the busses as much any other disney transportation!!! My DD's first word was bus...at Disney World!!!!

OK--Contemporary or Port Orleans or Beach Club? With an 8 and 4 year old, we will probably spend most of the time in Magic Kingdom, with occasional visits to Epcot, Studios and Downtown.

If that's the case, I'd go for the Contemporary if it's not a budget buster. Like others said, you can walk to MK from CR, and Epcot is two monorail rides away (CR to TTC, TTC to Epcot).

Of course, I love the location of the Epcot resorts like the Swan and Dolphin, Yacht and Beach Clubs, and Boardwalk. Easy walk or boat ride to two parks, and centrally located for easy bus rides to the other parks and DTD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter