Moms to be Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey fellow moms-to-be! :wave2:

Been a bit since I checked in...just hit 35 weeks last Friday and wow...it seems all of the sudden, my fatigue has hit high gear! It is such an effort to do anything, even get off of the couch, and I am in full waddle mode too. I am also getting quite a few Braxton-Hicks contractions daily. But I know all the aches, pains, belching, bloating, fatigue, insomnia and feeling like the Goodyear Blimp will be all worth it in less than 5 weeks when we meet our little princess. princess: I can't believe she is almost here! :dance3:

My mom and sister surprised us with a beautiful stroller and car seat combo the other day and after assembling them and pushing the stroller around, it really hitting me that we are going to be parents! We are looking forward to our baby shower this coming weekend too.

My hubby and I also started our Childbirth classes and they have been wonderful so far, especially the relaxation/breathing techniques. We will be going through a breastfeeding class in a few weeks too and I am looking forward to that, as I plan to nurse for at least a year.

Check-ups have been great up to now. I start going to weekly appointments next week and will have my Group B strep test next week as well. I thank God for a healthy pregnancy so far and pray that it continues to be healthy and complication-free through her birth. We are so excited for the little miracle God allowed us to help Him create!

Hope you ladies are all doing well too! I am so looking forward to seeing pics of your beautiful babies when they make their arrival into this world. I pray each of you has a happy, healthy, complication-free delivery and tons of joy surrounding your babies' arrivals!

Hello everyone! Hope all is well! We had our 20 week ultrasound yesterday and found out we are having

2 BOYS!!!

We are so excited!

Hi ladies! I was hoping I could (tentatively) join!

I'm 12 weeks 4 days pregnant, so still early days but we haven't told a lot of people yet so it would be nice to have people to share with!

We had an ultrasound yesterday for NT screening and got to see the baby bouncing around everywhere! The minute we tried to record the screen with our camera though, the baby went to sleep! We tried poking and prodding but nothing worked - at least we have a sound sleeper in there, lol!

congrats & welcome!

Hi, ladies! I'm stopping back in after quite some time. My baby boy is 8 months old today! I never actually made it back to this thread after he was born to post my story...he just really kept me busy. I had him on Oct 9th, 4 days after his due date. I had contractions starting on Friday all the way up until we went in on Sunday morning. My water broke right before we left the house. When we arrived at the hospital, AJ's heart rate was very high, then went low during contractions so they immediately decided I needed a c-section. It wasn't "emergency" so DH was in with me and he was able to be with DS through all the weighing, etc while I was being stitched up.

Even though I did not want a c-section, it turned out fine. I was up walking very quickly and healed fast. The only sucky part was not holding him for about 30 minutes. The doc did such a good job thoug, at 8 months, my scar looks great. In fact, when we have another (we'll start trying next summer) I'll just do a repeat c-section.

Anyway, just wanted to say congrats to all those whose babies are here and are on the way!

wow has it been that long already?! Thanks for sharing your birth story! So glad your little boy arrived safely and that all is well.

Been a bit since I checked in...just hit 35 weeks last Friday and wow...it seems all of the sudden, my fatigue has hit high gear! It is such an effort to do anything, even get off of the couch, and I am in full waddle mode too. I am also getting quite a few Braxton-Hicks contractions daily. But I know all the aches, pains, belching, bloating, fatigue, insomnia and feeling like the Goodyear Blimp will be all worth it in less than 5 weeks when we meet our little princess. princess: I can't believe she is almost here! :dance3:

My mom and sister surprised us with a beautiful stroller and car seat combo the other day and after assembling them and pushing the stroller around, it really hitting me that we are going to be parents! We are looking forward to our baby shower this coming weekend too.

My hubby and I also started our Childbirth classes and they have been wonderful so far, especially the relaxation/breathing techniques. We will be going through a breastfeeding class in a few weeks too and I am looking forward to that, as I plan to nurse for at least a year.

Check-ups have been great up to now. I start going to weekly appointments next week and will have my Group B strep test next week as well. I thank God for a healthy pregnancy so far and pray that it continues to be healthy and complication-free through her birth. We are so excited for the little miracle God allowed us to help Him create!

Hope you ladies are all doing well too! I am so looking forward to seeing pics of your beautiful babies when they make their arrival into this world. I pray each of you has a happy, healthy, complication-free delivery and tons of joy surrounding your babies' arrivals!

and I thought I was fatigued at 32 weeks! It's getting rough. LOL That's great about the classes, and check ups going well. Looking forward to hearing great news soon!

Oh and my shower is this weekend also! I am soooo excited!

Hello everyone! Hope all is well! We had our 20 week ultrasound yesterday and found out we are having

2 BOYS!!!

We are so excited!

2 boys, what a double blessing! congratulations!

Hey ladies! Hope everyone is doing well. Can't believe it's already JUNE!! Time is flying by!!

We leave Wednesday for the beach. Hoping I don't regret planning this trip at 28/29 weeks pregnant and a 16 month old! Part of me is already exhausted just thinking about it! LOL
!

I hope you manage to get some relaxation in at the beach!!

Hi ladies! I was hoping I could (tentatively) join!

I'm 12 weeks 4 days pregnant, so still early days but we haven't told a lot of people yet so it would be nice to have people to share with!

We had an ultrasound yesterday for NT screening and got to see the baby bouncing around everywhere! The minute we tried to record the screen with our camera though, the baby went to sleep! We tried poking and prodding but nothing worked - at least we have a sound sleeper in there, lol!

Welcome and congrats! My little guy never wants to “preform” for ultrasounds but of course he’s active in the waiting room and at home.

COLOR]

Wow just 5 more weeks! How exciting!
Good idea on the childbirth & breastfeeding classes. I took both when I was pregnant with DD. I really found the breastfeeding class informative and I feel like knowing “what I was doing” helped me stick out the hard times at first. DD nursed for exactly 1 year! I feel like it was really beneficial to her health and it helped me get back my pre-pregnancy figure so it was a win-win!

2 BOYS!!!

We are so excited!

Wow 2 boys! Congrats. A friend of mine just delivered twin boys a couple of weeks ago. They are precious!

Wow there was a lot to catch up on! The last few weeks have flown by!

DH and I went on our “baby moon” adventure to Iceland last week. It wasn’t exactly relaxing but we had an awesome time and saw some incredible things! Now we are home for few days before heading to Tampa & WDW on Friday. I was going to make the WDW portion of the trip a surprise for DD but the night before we flew out to Iceland she got really weepy saying she was going to miss us “sooo much” so I spilled the beans and told her that after the beach we are going to Disney for 4 nights. I’m really praying the weather cooperates. I live in GA so I can deal with the heat & humidity a long as it stays below 90. I’m really hoping it doesn’t rain bc I want to spend time at the pool. We are staying at Yacht club and the pool there is AMAZING.

I had my 24 wk appointment today. Baby is doing great. I had he glucose test but will not know my results for a few days. The nurse did recommend that I start iron supplements. My numbers were “borderline”. I’m really not looking forward to the supplements bc I’ve heard they can really mess with your digestive system but I’ll do whatever they suggest to stay healthy.

Wishing everyone healthy & happy pregnancies!!

I don't know why I haven't come in and said hello on this thread, but better late than never!

Today I am 34w4d with our first...a girl! It's been a pretty easy pregnancy, considering I was diagnosed with GD at 12 weeks, diet controlled (family history) and have had signs of pre-eclampsia since around week 30. Subtle signs, I should say. But enough for my OB to have me do lots of blood tests, two 24-hour urine tests, blood pressure monitoring at home, etc. But it's all worth it, and today she let me know that she is confident that I don't have anything to worry about and it looks like baby is good to stay cooking a bit longer.

I have been going twice a week for NST since week 32. I enjoy hearing her heartbeat so often...but I'm so tired lately, it's hard for me to not fall asleep during them!

She's measuring pretty big...last ultrasound she was in the 84th percentile. We go next week for another growth scan to see where she is now.

I had my shower a couple weeks ago, her nursery is finished, clothes washed and my hospital bag is packed. We're ready for anything...but hope she stays put for at least three more weeks. I want a full-term baby. :goodvibes

I'm going to read back a bit to see where you girls are in your pregnancies. I love chatting with others going through the same stuff. I visit the Babycenter boards pretty frequently, but it can get real catty over there! :laughing:

Wow there was a lot to catch up on! The last few weeks have flown by!

DH and I went on our “baby moon” adventure to Iceland last week. It wasn’t exactly relaxing had an awesome time and saw some incredible things! Now we are home for few days before heading to Tampa & WDW on Friday. I was going to make the WDW portion of the trip a surprise for DD but the night before we flew out to Iceland she got really weepy saying she was going to miss us “sooo much” so I spilled the beans and told her that after the beach we are going to Disney for 4 nights. I’m really praying the weather cooperates. I live in GA so I can deal with the heat & humidity a long as it stays below 90. I’m really hoping it doesn’t rain bc I want to spend time at the pool. We are staying at Yacht club and the pool there is AMAZING.

I had my 24 wk appointment today. Baby is doing great. I had he glucose test but will not know my results for a few days. The nurse did recommend that I start iron supplements. My numbers were “borderline”. I’m really not looking forward to the supplements bc I’ve heard they can really mess with your digestive system but I’ll do whatever they suggest to stay healthy.

Wishing everyone healthy & happy pregnancies!!

I'm glad y'all had a great time and sounds like no problems getting around, that's great!

Enjoy your next vacation as well!

with the iron supps, get some with a stool softener in them, or take one on the side. That will make a HUGE difference. Digestion is already slower in pregnancy, and I have to take iron as well. You'll be okay if you add a softener though :thumbsup2

I don't know why I haven't come in and said hello on this thread, but better late than never!

Today I am 34w4d with our first...a girl! It's been a pretty easy pregnancy, considering I was diagnosed with GD at 12 weeks, diet controlled (family history) and have had signs of pre-eclampsia since around week 30. Subtle signs, I should say. But enough for my OB to have me do lots of blood tests, two 24-hour urine tests, blood pressure monitoring at home, etc. But it's all worth it, and today she let me know that she is confident that I don't have anything to worry about and it looks like baby is good to stay cooking a bit longer.

I have been going twice a week for NST since week 32. I enjoy hearing her heartbeat so often...but I'm so tired lately, it's hard for me to not fall asleep during them!

She's measuring pretty big...last ultrasound she was in the 84th percentile. We go next week for another growth scan to see where she is now.

I had my shower a couple weeks ago, her nursery is finished, clothes washed and my hospital bag is packed. We're ready for anything...but hope she stays put for at least three more weeks. I want a full-term baby. :goodvibes

I'm going to read back a bit to see where you girls are in your pregnancies. I love chatting with others going through the same stuff. I visit the Babycenter boards pretty frequently, but it can get real catty over there! :laughing:

welcome to the thread! You are a week and a half ahead of me :goodvibes and I'm also having my first, and it's a girl as well! You are ahead of the game though....my shower is this Saturday (2 days...eek!) and I am waiting until after that to wash all the clothes and finish the final touches on the room. I hope both our girls stay put until at least 37 weeks also!

I am planning on packing my hospital bag in a couple of weeks. She had better not come before then. LOL

Totally agree about BBC! It's just too crazy there. LOL

Well, I figure I should check in.

I'm currently 19 weeks and a handful of days. Had my "big" ultrasound this week and everything seems fine. Boring actually. Which is probably a good thing. Didn't find out the sex because I don't want to know, but I do think that there were several times during the ultrasound that I probably should have seen "something" if that something was there. Finally starting to show a bit, but I'm still able to wear most of my normal pants. DH and I went to NYC last weekend, which I guess is technically a babymoon (I had always thought a babymoon was the trip you went on to conceive a baby, but I guess not...). We went to the race track, had a nice dinner, and went to see a terribly trippy play.

My good friend is due in mid-July. I'll have to see how things go for her.

Hi, everyone! Hope everybody's having a great summer so far. Sounds fun with all the babymoons, etc. Lots of exciting things going on lately! Congrats to all on the milestones/exciting moments!

We took our trip to Vancouver a couple weekends ago and everything went well. So many sights to see...very nice city. We didn't find out until we got there, though, that the "guest room" we were staying in was actually a very small sleeper couch, so I was VERY sore during the trip. Every morning, I thought my legs were going to fall right off (hip and back pain) and my DH had to help me sit up and get out of "bed." I'm feeling MUCH better being at home in our nice bed. Our other little get-away is next weekend, when we go up to the North Shore (of MN - a few hour drive from here) with DH's immediate family for a few days. Should be fun.

Had our 28-week appointment with our midwife yesterday and everything went great. Still measuring exactly perfect for weight and size. Good heartbeat. Baby girl is actually head down too, which surprised me, because I've been feeling "kicks" pretty low...guess they were punches instead! Also took the 1-hour glucose test and PASSED :woohoo: (after the lab tech told me that NOBODY EVER passes in the afternoon!!) So relieved! Also got the Rhogam shot...not too bad. Starting every two week appointments now. Can't believe we only have about 12 weeks left. SO much to do still!

Have a wonderful weekend, all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter