Mom's First Trip!!!

MotherofLandon

Mouseketeer
I am currently planning my mom's first trip to WDW. She has always wanted to go but it isn't my dads thing. My husband and I have invited her to come on our next trip! She is still young and active and I want to make this trip really special for her. She has wanted to go for a loooooong time. What are your suggestions for a magical trip? I am open to everything and only just began planning. Strategys, tips, restaurants, everything. I really want this trip to be great for her.

Our party
Me, DH, DS 8, and mom :hug:

Thank You

I am currently planning my mom's first trip to WDW. She has always wanted to go but it isn't my dads thing. My husband and I have invited her to come on our next trip! She is still young and active and I want to make this trip really special for her. She has wanted to go for a loooooong time. What are your suggestions for a magical trip? I am open to everything and only just began planning. Strategys, tips, restaurants, everything. I really want this trip to be great for her.

Our party
Me, DH, DS 8, and mom :hug:

Thank You

What a good DD you are and I am THRILLED for your Mom, okay I am biased when it comes to Chef Mickeys (obvious from my user ID) but I think this would be a perfect start for her to be indulged and immersed in the whole Disney experience! Especially since she has waited so l o n g :goodvibes and of course take lots of pictures!

edited- I just thought of another thing, start at the MK and go over by the ferry so she can see the castle come into view....bring a box of Kleenex !

My sister and I treated my Dad to afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian Garden View Tea Lounge - we all commented how much my Mom and my Grandma would have enjoyed this special treat if they were still with us:cloud9: The beautiful surroundings and feeling like royalty as you get served tea and treats is wonderful, and we're looking forward to a 'tea party' when we go at Christmas this year. They only have it in the afternoons (from 2-4:30 I believe), so you definitely have to book in advance, but it would be nice for you and your Mom, and your DH and DS could meet you at MK when you're done, just take the monorail.
No matter what you do, have a wonderful time!

Thank you everyone. I had been debating on Chef mickey's so that was a big help and I didn't even know they did the tea party thing! Great suggestions. Thanks again!

You didn't say whether she likes amusement park rides. My mom would LOVE LOVE LOVE another chance to get on the various rides. I'd make sure that our touring plans included the big three at MK and RnR!! :goodvibes

What does your mom like?

I'm surprising my mom with a holiday trip this year so here's what I'm planning. It'll just be us so I'm sure you have other ideas with your family, maybe get some time just with your mom? While active (more than me:rolleyes1) my mom does not enjoy most of the rides. I'm planning on some of the more sedate rides along with a lot of the shows. She love loves Christmas so most of what I've planned revolves around that -

* Riding the monorail and touring some of the resorts
* MK - Buzz, TTA, CoP, iasw, Liberty Belle, PoC, Jungle Cruise, MVMCP
* Epcot - Soarin' (at least for me), Living with the Land, The Seas, TT (this is how she drives anyway :laughing:) and hours of WS with the storytellers and CP
* AK - Safari, Lion King, Tree of Life, Bird Show, walking the trails
* Shopping everywhere but with an emphasis at DTD
* DHS - most of the shows, TSM, Great Movie ride, Backlot Tour, Animation Tour, Osbourne Lights

I'm pretty sure we'll do a behind the scenes tour before we leave too.

As far as food, she's not too adventurous (loves meat, potatoes, vegies and dessert) so right now I'm planning Cali Grill, Le Cellier, Fulton's (for me), and maybe 50's. Still haven't solved any of that - I have a food allergy and Disney is about the only place that I can eat since they pay such close attention so where we eat usually takes quite a bit planning. Another nice thing about having Grandma on the trip is you and your husband can have a dinner alone!

Hope you have a great trip!

I just lost my mom recently...so my tip is simple. Just both of you love her, laugh with her, and appreciate her. Then it doesn't matter what you do or where you go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter