Mommy, Mama & Me Day 1

Jennifoofoo

Earning My Ears
Mommy 33 year old Disney lover
Mama my DM
Me 21 month old DS

This trip was an unplanned surprised for me, my son and my mother. My parents recently relocated to Jacksonville, FL. My DS and I flew down to visit for a couple of weeks before my DH joined us. We decided to take Grandma, aka "Mama" as my DS calls her to Disney overnight. Unfortunately, Pop Pop couldn't join us this time. He had to work. :(

We left Jacksonville around 9 am on Thursday, August 15th. I wasn't sure how long it would take to get there. I figured about 3-3.5 hours. We made it in 2 hours and 20 minutes, hurray! We pulled into Riverside at 11:20. We parked and were able to check in right away. All of my requests were met, Mansion section, non-smoking, first floor. We had a great location in Oak Manor. We had the Florida resident rate since my DM is now a Florida resident. We called only 6 days before for the reservation too. Although our room was ready, we decided to hit the food court for lunch first. DM had a salad, DS had mac-n-cheese and I had the taco salad. All delicious! We made a quick tour through the store so that I could purchase a new fanny back then off to the car to drive over to our room. Unfortunately, the skies decided to open up. We waited 15 minutes in the parking lot until it let up a bit and made a dash for the room. We quicky dried off and decided since we couldn't swim b/c of the rain, we'd go to Downtown Disney shopping. (DM was buying a seasonal pass and the black-out date ended tomorrow).

We waiting over a half an hour for a bus, but finally one came for DTD. We hit the Christmas store, Once Upon a Toy (awesome) and The World of Disney. I finally decided to purchase the Main St. Train. I had it shipped home. It beat us home from vacation!
After running through all of the shops in the rain, we decided to head over to Chef Mickey's a bit early for our dinner. We chatted with some very nice people on the bus ride over to the Contemporary. Since we got there before Chef Mickey's even opened for dinner, we browsed the shops at the Contemporary.

They took our picture and we were seated. DH and I had eaten here on our trip in March, but DS had fallen asleep and missed all of the characters. Thankfully, this time, he stayed awake. The food was delicious and DM and I each went up twice! DS loved the characters and the napkin dance. Afterwards, we decided to show "Mama" the monorail resorts. After asking, we were able to sit in the front of the monorail as we rode over to the GF. My DH and I stayed here on our honeymoon. It is a beautiful resort, but I think I now prefer the YC/BC, especially the location and the pool for our DS. Next, was the Polynesian. We hit the resort stores at each hotel. Then, we took the monorail over to the MK, oh how I wish we could have gone in tonight, then caught a bus back to Riverside. We quickly changed and decided to take DS for a dip in the pool to unwind after his long day with no nap!

We returned to the room around 9:30 and put little guy to bed in the pack-n-play. He played peekaboo over the railing for about 20 minutes. I think he was soooo excited that "Mama" was in the room with us!

Sounds like your trip is off to a grand start - thanks for posting!

2 hours and 20 mniutes! You must have been flying! I'm so glad Ds stayed up for chef mickey's this time. I remember that trip report from before.We just visited Once upon A toy last week. We spent so much money in there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter