Mom Rants about "childless Millennials" at Disney World

Childless millenials usually have two dogs with human names, thankfully no dogs are allowed in the parks other than service dogs.
As a childless millennial with two dogs named Jackson and Riley, I have to laugh a bit at the accuracy of this comment. However, vacations are a time for me to get away from them and enjoy both a childfree and temporarily-dogfree lifestyle.

What you describe here is something I run into on a daily basis. It's jealousy at its finest. Nothing more, nothing less. People with children can NOT STAND the fact that I can make several trips to Disney and beyond in a year. Number one, I don't party, number two, I have no kids, and number three, I live beneath my means in a paid for house in order to not be rent/mortgage poor. I get so tired of people with children trying to make me feel guilty or somehow beneath them because I don't have the everyday constraints on me that they have! I work with a girl that goes out to the bars at least 4 times a week and has a 22 year old son that lives in the house and plays video games all day while she pays for his car and brings him home take out. She is the very first one every time I plan a trip to say, "Must be nice." Yes....yes it is you deadbeat raising moron! :crazy2: Sorry...you hit a nerve.

I have a kid (well, 26 year old now lol), and I never, ever felt superior to childless people or would have wanted to impose my ways on them. I can see great things about both paths, and parenthood is not for everyone. I was pretty young when I became a parent (22), so now at 49 I've had several years of freedom from child rearing too. I've enjoyed both lifestyles. I wouldn't want to be raising kids now - been there, done that. We do have 2 dogs though:)

Even if the article is fake, I agree with others on this forum about the mentality being real. I've gone twice now as an adult with other adults. People will ask you to give up a lot of things assuming it doesn't mean anything to you because you're not a child. I've had adults make comments about us "taking up tables" at character dining restaurants because we didn't have kids with us. I've had people complain about how my friend and I had fastpasses to SDMT and FEA, since the rides "aren't for us." People also assume you're there to get drunk and "ruin things for families," but the drunkest people I've seen at Disney have been adults with kids. At the end of the day, we all paid money to be there, and having or not having kids doesn't mean you deserve special treatment.

Hubby and I go by ourselves all the time and I can honestly say nobody has ever said anything like that to us.

Hubby and I go by ourselves all the time and I can honestly say nobody has ever said anything like that to us.

I'm glad you haven't had that experience. I think I have because the times I've gone as an adult, I've been 18 with another 18 year old, and 21 with another 21 year old. I think looking like you're in college makes the problem worse.

Childless millenials usually have two dogs with human names, thankfully no dogs are allowed in the parks other than service dogs.
Yeah right! For every genuine service dog there are 20 wearing an amazon bought vest because their owners are too tight fisted to pay for kennels, or just enjoy the attention they get..

So over the top has to be fake. Check out the Katiebug rant from years back. Think someone is having a great laugh!
It's not fake because over the years I have experienced many rants like this. It is so sad when people have such great expectations and then encounter crowds that upset those expectations. If only we could all just take a deep breath, realize that everyone has paid the same as everyone else and understand that there are no "rights" because of how much I paid or my child deserves to be in front. We are all trying to enjoy the day and we can if we treat each other with due respect and just slow down and enjoy the moment. This year my wife was in a wheelchair because of foot surgery. I had people push their kids in front of the "cripple" so as not to be slowed down. It is a sad commentary on some people and we just tried to have a good day, despite the rudeness of a few.

My wife and I are in the no kids boat too, but no dogs either. A lot of the points I would make have already been made, but I just want to say having an adult only trip to Disney is fun. We tell folks all the time who say, "You are going/went to Disney? But you don't have kids" how much fun we have, about all the great restaurants we got to enjoy, and just being disconnected from the real world for a few days is a great way to recharge. We may or may not have kids in the future, but regardless Disney will be in our vacation rotation because it's a place that makes us happy. I know for some Disney is a once in a lifetime trip and they are wanting to squeeze every drop out of it, especially at the rates Disney has started charging. I would just like to say this to everyone, kids or no kids, you will remember the experience not all the small details; especially as time passes. It's like going to a friends wedding. Do you remember their color scheme? Centerpieces? What you ate? Most likely not, but I bet you remember if you had a good time or not. That's what Disney is for, to have a good time. Do what you can, especially things that make you happy, so that your trip is a fun one. Years from now that's what you will remember, but if you're still bitter about that dole whip you didn't get please tell me how to stay on your good side because you're clearly someone I don't want carrying a chip on the shoulder about me lol.

What you describe here is something I run into on a daily basis. It's jealousy at its finest. Nothing more, nothing less. People with children can NOT STAND the fact that I can make several trips to Disney and beyond in a year. Number one, I don't party, number two, I have no kids, and number three, I live beneath my means in a paid for house in order to not be rent/mortgage poor. I get so tired of people with children trying to make me feel guilty or somehow beneath them because I don't have the everyday constraints on me that they have! I work with a girl that goes out to the bars at least 4 times a week and has a 22 year old son that lives in the house and plays video games all day while she pays for his car and brings him home take out. She is the very first one every time I plan a trip to say, "Must be nice." Yes....yes it is you deadbeat raising moron! :crazy2: Sorry...you hit a nerve.
I am a millennial with a child and the jealousy bit seems right to me. Seeing my son excited to experience new things is great, but sometimes having to skip things I got to do before him makes me nostalgic for carefree childless trips. Can't say I ever had the urge to slap anyone and steal their pretzel though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!