Modifying reservation made with transferred points?

biochemgirl

DIS Veteran
Since MS has to make the reservation in the first place, I'm wondering if it will show up on my dashboard and be amenable to modifications.

Anyone have experience with getting points by transfer from another member, calling member services to get a reservation, and then modifying ONLINE at 7 months to change the reservation?

Thanks!

The reservstion will show up online, but from what I understand, you can’t modify online because when you try and go to book, the only points that will show up are your own,

When the modification happens, it is like a temporary cancelation that returns points to be used for the new one, It is why we are able to modify and have it take banked or borrowed points that are freed up after a cancellation.

Since the transferred points are not part of your contracts, when you went to modify, the points wouldn’t show up to use. Now, I haven’t tried this but was told that this is how it would work and why one must always call to use transferred points.

It can’t be done. If you had the points you could modify it using your own points and then call to have MS reallocate the transferred points to the reservation. Otherwise you just have to call in to use the transferred points during the modification.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter