Modifying ADR to Future Date and Then Canceling

BK2014

DIS Veteran
It appears that Disney has changed the ability to modify an ADR to a future date and then cancel it, at least when you are already past the new 2 hour cancellation deadline. DW had an ADR yesterday that she needed to cancel about an hour before the scheduled time. The MDE app gave her the option to modify the ADR, but no future reservations would show up. Since I was not part of her ADR, I also searched on my phone, and found plenty of future dates/times for the same restaurant. When my wife searched the same date, time, and party size, nothing would show up.

Last edited:
It appears that Disney has changed the ability to modify an ADR to a future date and then cancel it, at least when you are already past the new 2 hour cancellation deadline. DW had an ADR yesterday that she needed to cancel about an hour before the scheduled time. The MDE app gave her the option to modify the ADR, but no future reservations would show up. Since I was not part of her ADR, I also searched on my phone, and found plenty of future dates/times for the same restaurant. When my wife searched the same date, time, and party size, nothing would show up.
I had the same experience in November.

I think you’ve always needed to call to cancel or change if you were that close to the ADR time. I’m not sure of the exact time, but I’m pretty sure it was an hour or two before. So I don’t think this is new. People might just start noticing it more now, because before not as many people were changing ADRs that close to the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter