Modifying a reservation at 30 days

bks9581

DVC Home: BWV and SSR
I understand that if you modify a reservation and it uses less points, the points go into holding if 30 days or less before the reservation, but what time does that 30 day clock start from? Is it just midnight or are there other specifics around when the 30 day clock starts (like 30 days and BEFORE check in time, etc.)

TIA!

I'm thinking it is midnight because I tried to modify and a reservation (at 30 days) and it said the points would go in holding.

The 30-day period starts at midnight eastern time. Note that the key stated rule is that, to have points returned to your account without penalty, requires you to make the change 31 or more days out, and that 31st day ends at midnight . One should avoid waiting until the last minute to make any change that could leave points open to being put into holding. You cannot call MS late in the evening at 31 days out to make a change because MS is closed. If you go online late in the evening, the online system may not be working properly (a common occurrence), the online system may be down for maintenance, your computer may not be working properly, a storm may shut down electricity in your area. In other words, the longer you wait on that 31st day, the greater the probability of failure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter