Moderate

lifesgr8

Mouseketeer
Are any of the moderate resorts within walking distance of anything other than their resorts?

Last time we stayed at BCV and could walk to epcot, etc.....

Are any of the moderates that way or would we ride bus, boat to anything outside of resort? TIA

No, none of the moderates are walking distance to anything. You can walk from POFQ to POR, but that's it.

Are any of the moderate resorts within walking distance of anything other than their resorts?

Last time we stayed at BCV and could walk to epcot, etc.....

Are any of the moderates that way or would we ride bus, boat to anything outside of resort? TIA

POFQ /POR have the boat to DTD, but not to any parks.

There are no parks walking distance from any moderates. And no sidewalks along the roads, so it is unsafe too. Only the Epcot Deluxe resorts have walking paths to 2 parks, and CR has one to MK. And SSR has a walking path to DTD.

There are no parks walking distance from any moderates. And no sidewalks along the roads, so it is unsafe too. Only the Epcot Deluxe resorts have walking paths to 2 parks, and CR has one to MK. And SSR has a walking path to DTD.

looking at your signature it looks like you have stayed at a variety of resorts, alot! :) looks like you keep going back to por (port orleans?) would you stay there over a value & pay and extra $1000 to do so?

I followed your last thread and I know you were torn between staying at a value or staying offsite. If you are now considering a moderate and are concerned about transportation to resorts, parks, etc. , I would recommend looking into the Swan or Dolphin. You can usually get rooms there at Disney mod prices and you are right in the EP resort area, which you are familiar with after staying at BCV.

If you are concerned about transportation to/from the airport, you could hire a car service. ****** and FL Tours are both reasonably priced and they provide car seats and booster seats.

For the price, I personally think Swan/Dolphin is a great compromise - great location, mod prices.

If you still want a Disney mod, I would pick POR or POFQ - at least you have boat service to DTD for something to do!

I followed your last thread and I know you were torn between staying at a value or staying offsite. If you are now considering a moderate and are concerned about transportation to resorts, parks, etc. , I would recommend looking into the Swan or Dolphin. You can usually get rooms there at Disney mod prices and you are right in the EP resort area, which you are familiar with after staying at BCV.

If you are concerned about transportation to/from the airport, you could hire a car service. ****** and FL Tours are both reasonably priced and they provide car seats and booster seats.

For the price, I personally think Swan/Dolphin is a great compromise - great location, mod prices.

If you still want a Disney mod, I would pick POR or POFQ - at least you have boat service to DTD for something to do!

I agree with your comments about POR and POFQ, but must disagree with some of your comments about the Swan/Dolphin. Unless you can somehow find a fabulous discount you will pay more for these resorts than you would for most of the mod. resort rooms. Bottom line, you have to add in the daily mandatory resort fee and the cost of transportation to and from the airport. And forgo the possibility of Disney Dining Plan. This could have a hefty effect on your total vacation price.

I used to travel often for work, and the Swan/Dolphin remind me of those conference center type of hotels. The location is great, the buildings are nice, but they have that sterile Corporate atmosphere that I like to get away from. Not much Disney Magic. Also, they usually cost much more than a Disney moderate hotel.

POFQ and POR have a beautiful boat ride from DTD, and are themed and landscaped wonderfully. They might be your best options at this price point.

You are right... I was torn between staying at the Sheraton Vistana Villages & renting a car or staying on property. We are going with another family and they have chosen vistana with a car.

I had decided to stay at value and have a room only ressie at POP. DH was in orlando this week and checked out Port Orleans. He thought after we had stayed at BCV we would not be happy at pop and suggested we go to Port after checking out both resorts.

Then I looked and just cant seem to make myself pay an extra (almost) $1000 for Port.(room only) I either have cheap in my brain or I just want to make our vacation less than the price of a nice used car. In the back of my mind Im thinking if I keep costs down, I can come back more often. Looking over a quote I have, I guess the the sdp option port is only $400 more. Doing sdp at port plus my airfare makes my vacation total $7200. When I think of that I kind of think that is crazy to spend on a vacation. I guess I should stop looking at that total, we truly love disney so I guess that is just the price to pay?! Is it even possible to do WDW for 7, living on the west coast, on a budget of $5000? Im rambling now.

The Swan was not attractive at all to me due to the fact I have to hire someone or a car to get to and from the airport. That is a major factor in staying on property to me. I dont want to have to deal with a car or shuttles.

Have you thought about renting dvc points? You could get a 2 br at Bc or boardwalk.

Have you thought about renting dvc points? You could get a 2 br at Bc or boardwalk.

Yes I sure have! It seems that renting points is almost the same as getting 2 rooms at port orleans. (to accomodate 7)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter