Mod or Value with 3 Sleeping Spots?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by virge, Sep 16, 2018.

1. virge

virge Mouseketeer

We are a family of 4, but my 12 yo sons can’t share a bed without drama. For the sake of peace and a good night’s sleep, I’m looking for suggestions of which moderates have the pull-down bed, and which moderates/values can still fit a twin size air mattress on the floor. (I understand the pull-down bed is on the short side, but I figure they’ll find a way to make that work, if they really can’t share a bed.)

Additional question, in the resorts with pull-down beds, do all the rooms have the pull-down bed, or do you have to select the “sleeps 5” option if you’re a family of 4?

For reference, we’ve previously stayed in AoA suites (loved it, but not in the budget for this trip), POFQ (drama ensued, one child ended up “falling” out of the bed and getting a black eye after hitting his head on the nightstand), Sports (just the boys & I, so they took turns sharing a bed with me), & Pop (before refurb, so we brought an air mattress).

Thank you for sharing your Disney knowledge!

2. firefly_ris

firefly_ris DIS Veteran

POR and CBR both have rooms with pull down beds. I'm unsure on POR but at CBR not all rooms have the pull down... you get one automatically if you are a family of 5 (us) but I think otherwise you will need to request it specifically. I assume it's the same at POR but don't know for sure. I'm sure someone else can clarify.

I believe All Stars Music also has suites?

marcyleecorgan and virge like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

I am dying with the "drama ensued" story. LOL! Not funny then, but from the outside looking in, it is a story for later!

Can you order an inflatable air mattress? They are not expensive, and can be delivered to the resort, I believe. You could just toss it after the trip if you can find a cheap one. I know that I see posts from families who need this on order to keep peace with their kids and those moving target sleep patterns.

virge and marcyleecorgan like this.
  5. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Post hoc, ergo propter hoc

POR, Preferred. Guarantees the third selling surface.

virge likes this.
  6. HopperFan

HopperFan "It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."

CBR - not sure about all rooms but 5th Sleeper is bookable option
    POR - only Alligator Bayou rooms but 5th Sleeper is bookable option
    ASMu SUITES - allows fold out beds for each and is much less than AoA, 2 bathrooms
    POP - 2 queens now so is sharing more palatable in a queen
    ASMo - in renovation, some rooms done with queens
    Inflatable MATTRESS - I would stick with un-renovated values or any of the moderates

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    virge likes this.
  7. Spunky946

Spunky946 DIS Veteran

I think your best bet is booking a preferred room at por. Then you’d have two queens and a pull down.

virge likes this.
  8. HopperFan

That was the only way to guaranteed a pull down bed but now they changed the system.

You can book a pull down bed as a category "5th Sleeper" and you save a good bit of money.

dansdad and virge like this.
  9. Spunky946

Spunky946 DIS Veteran

Oh I’ve never seen that before. Thanks.

10. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

And as far as making the pull down work, keep in mind it is basically crib sized. The sleeping surface is a little larger than a crib mattress, but not much. If they roll around at all they could end up hitting the ground. Why not just bring along an air mattress?

11. HopperFan

Fairly new :thumbsup2

12. 3gr8boys

3gr8boys Mouseketeer

We stayed at CSR in April. Requested a rollaway when we checked in. It was available and DS11 (a kicker -hence our need for the third sleeping surface) found it comfortable. We left it open all week as it was also his lounging space. We did have an air mattress with us as back-up.....picked it up at the store on our way to CSR and returned it at the end of our trip.

virge likes this.