Mobile ordering question….

General Panic

Mouseketeer
Hi all
Flying in from the U.K. in a couple of weeks and just wondering how the mobile ordering works. I have my credit card in MDE app but that is just for emergencies I hope. If I order for a quick service restaurant on mobile ordering do I have to pay in advance using my card or when collecting food can I pay cash? My credit card has overseas conversion fees so Would rather not have that extra cost when I get home :)

I also will convert my dollars cash into Disney gift cards when I arrive and would prefer to use them for paying for food , don’t know if that would work for mobile ordering ?

Any advice appreciated.
Glenn

You can use your Disney gift cards to pay for your mobile order, but the system is not set up to store them as it does credit cards.
To prevent having to add the cards each time, just add the gift card numbers in your “notes” section of your phone. Then, when at the payment screen for mobile order, copy and paste the gift card number.
I have done this many times, it’s fast and easy, and it’s sometimes better to have that mobile order placed, especially for busy times. If you know when and where you’re eating you can even put in your order with your desired pick up time (for later in day) early in the morning.
If necessary You can practice at home before you go, just add some random numbers in place of your gift card, go to place an order, and copy and paste the numbers. Just don’t actually place the order, lol, just back out of it and delete.
Hope this helps, and have a great trip!

You can use your Disney gift cards to pay for your mobile order, but the system is not set up to store them as it does credit cards.
To prevent having to add the cards each time, just add the gift card numbers in your “notes” section of your phone. Then, when at the payment screen for mobile order, copy and paste the gift card number.
I have done this many times, it’s fast and easy, and it’s sometimes better to have that mobile order placed, especially for busy times. If you know when and where you’re eating you can even put in your order with your desired pick up time (for later in day) early in the morning.
If necessary You can practice at home before you go, just add some random numbers in place of your gift card, go to place an order, and copy and paste the numbers. Just don’t actually place the order, lol, just back out of it and delete.
Hope this helps, and have a great trip!

I was trying to remember... Do you have to put in the ean number also or just the primary 16 digits?

You just need to add the 16 digit number. I've used gift cards many times when placing a mobile order. It takes a few more seconds to type out the number, but it works. :)
Thanks! I've used my gift cards before - I just couldn't remember if you needed the extra numbers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!