Mobile Order and Gift Cards

tony67

DIS Veteran
So has anyone figured out a way to use gift cards at Universal with mobile ordering?

I purchased a bunch of the AP gift cards and they work great for everything except mobile order.
It seems pretty ridiculous that you cant add your gift cards to the app.
Also as a solo traveler you cant go and order and give them a table number since you don't have anyone to sit at a table and its possible someone will take you table before you get back to it. It was a PITA.

Would be nice to buy them in app as well since you get 150 for 120 with an AP currently.

Also - just so folks are aware, buying a gift card with cash was a bit of hassle, many of the places that sold them did not take cash.
The food booths take cash, but all the other places did not.

So has anyone figured out a way to use gift cards at Universal with mobile ordering?

I purchased a bunch of the AP gift cards and they work great for everything except mobile order.
It seems pretty ridiculous that you cant add your gift cards to the app.
Also as a solo traveler you cant go and order and give them a table number since you don't have anyone to sit at a table and its possible someone will take you table before you get back to it. It was a PITA.

Would be nice to buy them in app as well since you get 150 for 120 with an AP currently.

Also - just so folks are aware, buying a gift card with cash was a bit of hassle, many of the places that sold them did not take cash.
The food booths take cash, but all the other places did not.
Unfortunately not… at least at this time. I check now and then in the app but I still can’t load gift cards. This is a feature I have been hoping for for a while now as we also purchase several of the Mardi Gras food cards and use them throughout the year. We also enjoy mobile ordering as it’s been very efficient for us so this feature would be wonderful.

Agree completely. I haven't tried at the Harry Potter restaurants, but have not had issues at Cafe La Bamba telling them I want to pay with a gift card so they let me go in and order. Mobile order is definitely much more convenient.

I haven't tried at the Harry Potter restaurants
Yeah they were a little difficult to deal with - the person a few groups in front of me wanted to order at the counter and they said they would have to wait longer for a table. They were a party of one. I don't understand why it matters to them.

I was behind them, also a party of one, and got a table immediately because I was doing a mobile order after seeing the hoops they went through.

They do want to make it difficult it seems, but then they wont take your GC so its a bit ridiculous

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter