MNSSHP Wristbands: Do they work?

They give you wristbands at the gate, along with a little trick or treat bag, or at least they did last year. And sometimes around 4, but officially at 7. I'll let someone else handle that part :goodvibes:

Yes 4

I headed for the rest room closest to the entrance, at City Hall, and I had my wristband checked there. No wristband - no entry! I posted about this previously, because I wondered what non-ticket-holders did in this situation. The answer was, there was a restroom right outside the entrance gate that non-ticket-holders could use. Now, that's strict enforcement.

I'm thinking its because non party people think they can hide out until the heat is off. ;)

Wristbands?? I got credit-card type "tickets" in the mail. Will they give us wristbands at the gate when we arrive?

Also, what time can we enter for the MNSSHP? Thanks!!

If you go to the locked sticky Everything About WDW Tickets in this Forum, especially Post #16, you can get a lot more information. An easy way to get to the sticky is by clicking on the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

If you are already in the park before 4pm on a regular ticket...and you find one of the stations that will give you the wristband, do they have a handheld thing to activate your ticket? You dont have to go back to the turnstyles do you? We have always entered the park at 4 with our ticket, but this time we have hoppers and I think we will be in the park already before 4.
And....are there fast passes for rides during the party, or do they finish up with them by 7?

If you are already in the park before 4pm on a regular ticket...and you find one of the stations that will give you the wristband, do they have a handheld thing to activate your ticket? You dont have to go back to the turnstyles do you? We have always entered the park at 4 with our ticket, but this time we have hoppers and I think we will be in the park already before 4.
And....are there fast passes for rides during the party, or do they finish up with them by 7?

You don't have to go back to the front. Reports are they scan your tickets there.

No FPs during parties, for they are not needed.

It does take a bit to clear out folks, but it's more efficient than you probably think. They have CMs stationed throughout the park that prevent folks without a wristband from moving deeper into MK. At the arteries to the park, it's not just one or two CM, but enough to form a human chain across the walkway, so you can't just slip by when one CM is busy. You can probably get past the CM if you really try, but it means you have to deliberately ignore and possibly push past them. It's not something that you can do accidentally. They also station CMs at the entrances to all rides and stores (and according to other posts, bathrooms) so that if you don't have a wristband you can't enter. They also check for wrist bands as you wait for the parade.

There's a couple of pictures in last year's easywdw.com post on the MNSSHP that shows how many CMs are there to stop people without wristbands from getting further into the park:

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-2011-character-locations-ride-wait-times-paradefireworks-info-etc/

You will have to have your wristband to get in a few lines before 7 PM: the dwarves and the princess line for the party (when the princes come out) just to name a few. We were fourth in line for the dwarves last year and the CMs came out to check us at 6:45 (maybe even earlier) and a few people were asked to leave because they didn't have wristbands.

The year before, we were checked about 6:45 for Rapunzel's line too.

There's a couple of pictures in last year's easywdw.com post on the MNSSHP that shows how many CMs are there to stop people without wristbands from getting further into the park:

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-2011-character-locations-ride-wait-times-paradefireworks-info-etc/

I got a pic of all those CM's just as they got the go ahead to move on. We were totally shocked to round the corner and see all those CM's blocking people from going further into the park.

This will be my 4th party and I've never seen any issues with people not leaving.

we were there on the 21st and they had the paths to the castle roped off and CMs checking wrist bands of those coming and going..if you didnt have a band you were not allowed to enter and instead had to go down another path to the exit. We were asked quite a few times to show our bands thought the night..even int he rain :)

I have noticed a lot of people at the stage shows and the parade without wristbands. The CMs do scan the crowds and ask the ones they notice to leave but there's still a number that try to beat the system.There are also a number that create a scene in hopes that they will let them slide.

It really is amazing how on top of it they are. There are just lines of CMs all over the place looking for wrist bands. :)

I usually go to one party each year, they check the wrist bands like crazy. tow years ago I was in MK the last night of my stay, we stretched out our rides on the people mover so we got done about 7:01.. we voluntarily walked to the exit and I figured I could just run into the store to pick up a sweat shirt. Nope! A woman the size of a line backer was blocking the door to the gift shop. Told me to head Downtown Disney if I wanted to buy something! :rotfl2: My friend laughed at me all night! Kind of reminded us of the old saying when the bar is closing down. "you don't have to go home but you can't stay here!" :lmao:

We were there for the Sept 11 party this year and had gotten in line for Splash Mountain just as they closed the ride around 630 saying they needed the extra CM's to parole the streets until after the party started. They aren't kidding around with ensuring only wristbands are present!

Just curious how exactly you determine someone is abusing handicap parking?

As far as bracelets - they work. No bracelet? No ride, food, meet and greets or trick or treating.

As far as bracelets - they work. No bracelet? No ride, food, meet and greets or trick or treating.

I've encountered numerous times where there's a care in the handicap parking spot with no placard and I went out and nicely requested that if they didn't have a placard to please move because my DH did have one and need the spot, I've been been told things like, we'll I'm waiting for someone, or we just need to load our groceries or whatever.

I've also seen where the owner of the handicap placard has stayed in the car and one of their passengers ran into the store.

Regarding Costco, by law they can not require a membership to use the pharmacy. I don't know if it depends on the Costco, but I've been told that one isn't needed to use the food court.

If the park closes at 7pm for non-party people, how can they kick you out before 7? Isn't it if you're in a line to a ride before the ride closes, then you can wait in that line until however long it takes to get to the front? So how can they tell me at 6:50 that I have to leave when I have paid until 7pm?

Saying that they're closing down one ride early is not kicking you out early. If a ride is open and you get in line at 6:59, you will be allowed to ride. Same thing if you wanted a hot dog from Casey's.

Perhaps it was you then that gave my husband dirty looks when picking me up ( in a wheelchair) and he was driving my car and parked in the HC parking so that I could access my car (as a passenger in it) via the wheelchair.

If they are parked there with no placard they aren't abusing it / they are breaking the law.

It is a shame people are so quick to judge others.

As to your question about the park closing - technically you have paid to be in the park until 7:00 - which would mean that you need to be on the other side of the gate by 7:00:01 - so getting in a line at 6:50 would make that virtually impossible. Disney is nice enough on other days to allow you to join lines up until closing time - but technically they don't have to do that - or could let you join the line and then shut the ride down at the exact closing time - meaning you waited in line for no ride. They typically don't do that but technically could.

People going into the exit door at Costco just to go to the food court. (I have seen people just blowing off the attendants who ask to see their membership card...)

I just don't think that's a good example (and Suellen just gave a great example of how someone waiting in the car in a handicap spot can be using it in a bonafide fashion).

If you're getting a membership, renewing, have questions, or a return, OR you're going to the food court, at my Costco you use the exit. And you don't have to show your card.

The alternative is to go in the entrance, show your card, make your way to the cash registers, find a spot where you can squeeze through, then go the food court or guest services? That makes no sense. You go in the exit.

When we were at the halloween party last year, I didn't care one little bit about how the other people got in. I wasn't looking at anyone's wristband at all. So this sort of question always give me a head tilt, of "why do people care?"

I guess it could be like HHN at Universal, where people have to leave at 5, so that everything can be prepped and there can be holding pens of party-goers... But that means people have to leave at 5! And that's no fun at all.

Suellen,

It has been repeatedly said here that you can be in a line for a ride just before 7 PM on a party night and be fine. When they close on non-party nights, they let you finish your ride before you have to leave.

Perhaps it was you then that gave my husband dirty looks when picking me up ( in a wheelchair) and he was driving my car and parked in the HC parking so that I could access my car (as a passenger in it) via the wheelchair.

If they are parked there with no placard they aren't abusing it / they are breaking the law.

It is a shame people are so quick to judge others.

As to your question about the park closing - technically you have paid to be in the park until 7:00 - which would mean that you need to be on the other side of the gate by 7:00:01 - so getting in a line at 6:50 would make that virtually impossible. Disney is nice enough on other days to allow you to join lines up until closing time - but technically they don't have to do that - or could let you join the line and then shut the ride down at the exact closing time - meaning you waited in line for no ride. They typically don't do that but technically could.

Sorry, but I don't agree with this. :goodvibes

Suellen,

It has been repeatedly said here that you can be in a line for a ride just before 7 PM on a party night and be fine. When they close on non-party nights, they let you finish your ride before you have to leave.

I'm going to go with juliebug1997 on this one. There is no expectation that guests must be outside of the park by closing time--whether it is a normal night or 7:00p for non-party guests on a party night. In my opinion, non-party guests should be able to do what they like until 7:00p, then exit the park directly.

I park in a commuter lot every day. There is a non-used bus stop in the middle of the lot that has several handicap spaces near it. While I am walking from the back of the lot, I often see people pull into a handicap space, throw a large backpack over their shoulder and RUN 100+ yards to the active bus stop at the front of the lot.

Sorry, but in my definition, they do not qualify for a handicap sticker.

In Northern VA, I would guess that 80% of the people with handicap hangers do not need them and are abusing the system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter