MNSSHP prices...ouch

oblori

Earning My Ears
I knew prices for the parties were going to be high once they were released for this year, so it's no shock, but over $400CAD for my family to go is making me second guess my plans. CRT is costing over $300, I wanted to add the Star Wars dessert party - that's another $300. Ugh. Our dollar is killing me.
Is MNSSHP worth that cost? It's our first ever trip to Disney (kids are 10 & 9) and I'm trying to make it as awesome as possible, but ouch.

Too many extra experiences for one trip. You don't need to do all those special dinners and parties. One would be plenty, especially if that one is MNSSHP.

We tend to pick an extra thing or two so we can savor the fun and not be over committed with extras. This trip we are doing MNSSHP and possibly an EMM if they offer it during our stay.

If its your first trip try to enjoy the parks . A lot of the extras that you picked are great if you have been a lot and they add new experiences. MNSSHP is amazing and a great night. I would suggest chilling by the pool for the day and then heading in with your MNSSHP ticket at 4pm, have dinner and rock the party. Check out older blogs and podcasts from the dis unplugged. There is some great info on what to do to get the most out of the party.

First Visit? Nahhhh you definitely only need one special experience... the kids won't know any different - unless they are researching behind your back, hahaha!

You'll be hard pressed to see everything in each park, let alone the extras. Are you staying at a Disney Resort?
I would def choose the MNSSHP as well, its well worth it.

I know in my case there is an age difference in the kids going on our next trip but on our last trip our DGS was 4 and we did the Contemporary Character Breakfast. He didn't want to interact with the characters and I felt it wasn't worth that much at that age. Going back next year when our DGD will be the same age and not booking anything special except Trails End Buffett.

For a first trip I would only do MNSSHP and keep the money for the other ones for souvenirs and extra snacks!

I would ditch CRT and do the Halloween party.... I would not spend money on a dessert party either. Your kids will have a great time without any of these extras.

That was an excellent video. While I'm no rookie, its my girlfriends first visit... I think i will get her to watch it....

As others said, it will be awesome enough without any parties, but if you really want to do one, MNSSHP. I've seen too many families tired and cranky, and kids having melt downs because of early days and late nights. Not sure how many days you plan on being there, and it's normal to be excited and want to do it all on first visit. There is so much to see, WDW is huge.
Our first visit, the book WDW The Unofficial Guide was our bible. They have great info, and touring plans. The single most important thing to have at WDW is a touring plan. I've used the unofficial touring plans and they work. They also have a web site, touringplans.com.

Yesterday I bought $300 USD, cost me $419 CAD :scared:

Last year we did the MNSSHP, and one night when we were at Hollywood Studios, the Star Wars dessert party was going on. I'm not sure what happened but some how while walking around the Star Wars area, we were steered to the dessert party. I informed the cast member that we didn't have tickets or passes or whatever for the dessert party and we were told don't worry. The desserts were mostly just the same standard Disney desserts with a star wars twist to them. Yes, we did get to meet a few characters, but we had actually met most of them during the day time.

So as someone that has done both, I'd agree with everyone else and say skip all the fancy parties and just do the MNSSHP. It was much more entertaining. Just make sure you plan it so you get to stay and see at least one of the parades. They were fantastic!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter