• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MNSSHP Friday 10/6 - Who's Goin'???

Corryn

DIS Veteran
Well, DisneyMommyMichelle started a thread for those going to MNSSHP on Thursday, October 5 and I asked, is anyone going on Friday?
She suggested I start a thread to see who's going.

So, who's goin' and whatcha gonna be and are you dining in the park?
I'll start the list:

Corryn ?, DH Ed pirate: DD 13 Tinkerbell & DD 12 ? LTT 4:30
GoofyShell ?, DH ?, DS 12 ?, DS 13 ? and DD 7 (Ariel)
Bunchkin ?, DH ?, DS pirate: The 6th is DD's 9th birthday! princess: LTT 5:30
TheLionQueen ?, DH ?, DS8 ?, DS4 ?
DisMom22Boys ? DH ?, DS(4) Power Ranger and DS(2) ? Tony's 5:30
Poohluvrs ? ? ? ?
Disney Girlie-Wirlie ::MinnieMo Minnie, DTwin ? CG 5:30
horner5 Amy & Tony (w/out kids!!!) Original Mouseketeers Tony's 4:30
SnowWhite ? ? ?
TexasGirl DH, Me, DD (6) princess: and DS 20 months :angel:

Corryn,
We'll be there! :banana: :banana: It's me, my dh, ds12, ds13 and dd7. My daughter really wants to be Ariel, but other than that, I don't know. Are you eating at a sit-down before the party? I can't decide.

Great to hear from you GoofyShell! We're going to eat at the LTT, I think at 4:30. We haven't tried eating there yet and with the characters all dressed up, we're looking forward to it. But if you would like to have a sit-down dinner, you should call for reservations. We always love going into the Crystal Palace, the buffet is delicious :goodvibes
Are you and your husband dressing up? How about your sons? My daughters still don't know what they want to be, but they're definitely dressing up. My husband wants to wear his pirate costume again, but I'm still on the fence.

I've been reading other posts from other threads and "they" were saying that Friday night will most likely be more crowded due to the locals, but the last time we went was also on a Friday night during Columbus Day weekend and we thought it was perfect.
Unfortunately, I've just read on the DIS that the Orlando tourism board will be Promoting (!) a "Fabulous Fall" campaign, which will highlight all the Fall activities the parks have to offer. That made me cringe, because for so many, MNSSHP is like a treasured secret, where you could go and not have to worry about the crowds (unless it's on Halloween night). I'm also nervous about Halloween Horror Nights at Universal, because that is always jam-packed. But to advertise in places outside Florida? You probably won't be able to buy a ticket at the door.

So we have a few more months...Have you ever done MNSSHP before? If not, bring some extra cash for the "special" MNSSHP merchandise you can only get at the party!

We'll be there Corryn!!! :thumbsup2

It will be me, DH, DD & DS. And the 6th is DD's 9th birthday!! :cool1:
So we're really going to party!!!
We are eating at LTT too!! Our ADR is for 5:30pm!! It was for 4:30pm like yours!!! :eek: :rotfl2: But I wanted to change it to a later time, as we are taking DD to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutiqute for a suprise b-day present!! She'll be getting her Halloween costume there as part of the castle package.

This will be our 1st MNSHHP!!
And I'm not sure if DH and I will be dressing up. Or what DS will be wearing yet, I think Captain Hook. pirate:

Bunchkin said:
We'll be there Corryn!!! :thumbsup2
We are taking DD to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutiqute for a suprise b-day present!! She'll be getting her Halloween costume there as part of the castle package.
This will be our 1st MNSHHP!!
And I'm not sure if DH and I will be dressing up. pirate:

Wow!!!! What a birthday to remember!!!! You and your husband should dress up, really, what's holding you back? It's Disney!!! I'm trying to convince my husband to be the dad from The Incredibles :rotfl2: But he wants to be a pirate again...If you get there and you're not dressed up, you're going to look around at all the dressed up adults and think, man, we should have!

Corryn said:
If you get there and you're not dressed up, you're going to look around at all the dressed up adults and think, man, we should have!

Would this be called 'adult Disney peer pressure'?? :rotfl2:

Hey ya'll-I have never been to WDW before and I am now obsessed with planning this trip for October 12-17th! My husband and I will be going with our 9yo son. Should I buy tickets for this event? It sounds like fun from what I read on the mouse ears board. Not sure my dh would be willing to dress up but I might be able to talk him into doing something simple. Is it worth the extra cost? I don't want to overplan but I think it sounds like something special that I might not want to miss. Is it too crowded? I was thinking of going on Monday the 16th.
Thanks for your help!

I've been going down to Disney for years and I've heard about it, but never did it because I thought it was something lame. Then the kids got a little older and we love Halloween and we decided to try it....Well, we all thought it was awesome!
My daughters are 12 and 13 and this is the year they have told me they are not dressing up for Halloween. But when I surprised them with the trip on Easter, the first thing out of my 13 year old was, I'm gonna be Tinkerbell!!! Do you think a 13 year old would walk around the neighborhood as Tinkerbell? Never...That's how much my kids love going to MNSSHP.
If you're down there, why not try it? You'll never know until you try. :goodvibes

Thanks so much for the info! It does sound like fun and I think we will have to give it a try. I think we will buy ticket for the Monday night party-maybe it won't be as crowded as the weekend ones. I would love to see some pics from it-does anyone know of any?

Count us in!! We're going Oct. 6th for our 2nd party! I am seriously considering going another night during our trip just because I LOVE the HalloWishes fireworks so much (and the hoards of candy). I just got my costume yesterday and much to my surprise, it fits Perfect!! Am I the only one who finds costumes are either way too big or way too small? Anyway, it's very lightweight & comfortable too. I'm super excited! I just hope that they put HalloWishes on CD, it would make my day!!

thelionqueen said:
Count us in!! We're going Oct. 6th for our 2nd party! I am seriously considering going another night during our trip just because I LOVE the HalloWishes fireworks so much (and the hoards of candy). I just got my costume yesterday and much to my surprise, it fits Perfect!! Am I the only one who finds costumes are either way too big or way too small? Anyway, it's very lightweight & comfortable too. I'm super excited! I just hope that they put HalloWishes on CD, it would make my day!!
What are you going to be? Are you dining in the park that night (just so I can add you to the list :)

3b09a565.jpg

One of the Main Street store windows, I think the Candy store
0a9ca186.jpg

5035cf49.jpg

d8734c9f.jpg

My girls dressed up as Pirates
candy.jpg

One of the many Candy Stations set up around the park
MyPictures0028.jpg

MyPictures.jpg

MyPictures0048.jpg

These are a few I've "borrowed" from other posters:
MyPictures0009.jpg

2005WDWOct-231.jpg

33207EPCOT2006B-med.jpg

MNSSHP_2005_.jpg

18596MNSSHP_2005_130.jpg

This year I'm taking a heck of a lot more pictures!!! I did not take my video camera the last time, but this year I am. It was way too magical!

We will be there on Friday night too! I hope I bought tickets for a good night - the list thus far looks sparse. We have reservations at Tony's at 5.30pm. It is my, DH, DS(4) and DS(2). Looking forward to a wonderful trip! We are buying costumes down in Disney - but I think my older son has already determined that he will be a Power Ranger.

Corryn-great pix! You guys looked super! :)
Is that giant tea cup filled w/ candy?! :rotfl:
We too are going on the 6th! Do you think it will be busy since its a Fri?
Not sure for costumes, something light I guess!
Whats best time to get there?What time is Hallowishes/parade?

poohluvrs said:
Corryn-great pix! You guys looked super! :)
Is that giant tea cup filled w/ candy?! :rotfl:
We too are going on the 6th! Do you think it will be busy since its a Fri?
Not sure for costumes, something light I guess!
Whats best time to get there?What time is Hallowishes/parade?
Thanks! And Yes, that Giant Tea Cup is FILLED with Candy!!!
As far as it being busy, I really have no clue, but I'm not going to worry about it because if I do, I'll just be thinking and thinking and thinking......
We went on a Friday night also and yes, there were a lot of people there, but honestly, the crowd thinned once it got dark. I'm guessing a lot of people with small children left early.
If you're gonna come, come early as soon as it opens. I think you are allowed admission at 4:00 p.m. I'm not sure what time the parades are, and Hallowishes I think starts when it gets dark.
Also, if you're planning on eating in the park at a sit down restaurant, make those reservations!

So, are you coming with anyone? I would like to add your name to the list :goodvibes

We can't be the only one's going on 10-6!!!!
Where are all the other DISers that are going??? :confused3

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter