MNSSHP Costume Ideas?

Rigby

Mouseketeer
Just bought tickets for our first MNSSHP and was wondering if anyone has any costume suggestions? It's an adult only trip so only need recommendations for my wife and myself. Read on easy.wdw review that we should pick something that would be comfortable in the heat as well as on the rides. Appreciate any advice! :yay:

As an adult, I think it is good to not go too literal with the costumes. You can do a nod to your favorite characters, while still dressing comfortably (and coolly) for the parks. I'd go on Pinterest and look for Disney adult costumes, cosplay, or disneybounding to get ideas. That's how I got ideas for my stylized Cruella de Ville costume. Also, I found an Etsy shop that makes character themed ears that are fun. I thought a wig would be too hot and not stay on while on the attractions, so I got this pair of Cruella inspired ears. The shop is Disneysbowtique.

Attachments

• il_570xN.770740549_4gxi.jpg
    il_570xN.770740549_4gxi.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 14
I definitely second the Disney bounding. While I'm going full out with a costume, definitely regular clothes will be so much easier. For Halloween, definitely do maybe villains, that would be super fun!

Thanks for the replies! Drawing a blank on this one. Saw a Mr Potato Head costume that didn't look too uncomfortable but it's from a store and I'd hate to be one of a hundred Potato Heads :yay:

going as Peter pan (husband) and I as Wendy. I can't sew a lick so I just ordered a cotton night gown and will add ribbon. not sure what I'm going to do with my hair...I'm a red head! wig will be too hot I think. Good luck! what day will you be doing MNSSHP?

We're going Monday October 12th. Can't wait! My wife decided on Disgust from Inside Out and my mother in law is making her dress. She's going to look awesome! I'm still trying to figure this out. :yay:

I was just having this discussion with my mom. I've gathered various bits of costumes over the years, most of which I left at my parents' house, and within half an hour she'd gone through my old closet and put together a pirate costume out of various bits and pieces I'd bought or made for completely different things. We're still figuring out a second costume, but the reason I suggested pirates to her in the first place is that it's relatively easy to cobble something together when you're supposed to look mismatched and a bit silly.

Years back, for my first MNSSHP, I handmade a life-size python puppet that covered my entire arm and wrapped around my shoulders. Got a lot of compliments on it, but I have to say that wearing what amounted to a velvet sleeve and a scarf got kind of miserable.

We went to the party last year, in September. Hubby and I dressed as hippies and my daughter went as Tinkerbell. The costumes were easy to transport and were not uncomfortable to wear. There were not a whole lot of adults dress up.....maybe it was too soon in the Halloween season, but we did get tons of compliments and comments from others. Also, our costume choices didn't hamper going on rides. My daughter had to remove her wings, but that was no big deal.
Have fun!!

I have a red dress that i bought to possibly be Minnie Mouse but it does not have polka dots. Should I add them? or will my red dress with black leggings, yellow shoes, and ears be enough to look like Minnie? Thanks!

My husband and I did not dress up the last time we went but this year, we will be dressing up as Carl and Ellie from Up. The costumes won't be exact but we'll be doing the outfits they wore when they were kids.

Hubs is going as Fix It Felix Jr. and I am going as Vanellope Von Schweetz (hubs wasn't willing to go as Ralph). Friends are going as Russell and Kevin (yes, the bird) from UP. We're going early in the season, Sept 22...I hope there are more costumes running around!

We went as a family and did toy story...my husband and I were Mr and Mrs. Potato Head! Brown shirts and the package you can order that has the eyes, nose, ect stick to the shirt with jeans. Easy and cute. Comes with the foam hats too. (Daughter was Jessie and son was army man).

We ordered costume t-shirts online--The Incredibles--and will get eye masks and gloves locally. That way we can just wear shorts and be comfortable and not too hot.

We ordered costume t-shirts online--The Incredibles--and will get eye masks and gloves locally. That way we can just wear shorts and be comfortable and not too hot.

My sister and I did this too-wore the tshirts with black legging capris and black eye masks that we bought at the local party store. Reasonably cool, super comfortable, and tons of CMs told us that we "looked incredible!"

I have a red dress that i bought to possibly be Minnie Mouse but it does not have polka dots. Should I add them? or will my red dress with black leggings, yellow shoes, and ears be enough to look like Minnie? Thanks!

Add a petticoat for volume and you could turn it into Queen of Hearts/Red Queen

(Will be) husband and I are doing Donald and Daisy! I used fabric tape to attach yellow ribbon to a blue t shirt, and sewed white buttons on the front. I just need to make a red bow for him, and he's doing white shorts and yellow crocs. I'm doing a purple t shirt with a pink hair bow, and a white tutu made from a piece of wedding dress underskirt I'm not using! I think it'll turn out cute :)

Just bought tickets for our first MNSSHP and was wondering if anyone has any costume suggestions? It's an adult only trip so only need recommendations for my wife and myself. Read on easy.wdw review that we should pick something that would be comfortable in the heat as well as on the rides. Appreciate any advice! :yay:

My husband and I dressed properly when it was just us two! I got a Snow White costume off ebay - the skirt lit up which was great for the dark party! The other half went as the baddy from Karate Kid in a Cobrai Kai costume as it was the most manly costume I could find (he's pretty Gaston about that kind of thing haha) but the black sleeveless Gi with the cobra on it was deemed acceptable.
He got a LOT of love for his costume all night - so maybe something like that?
Easy costumes that we saw and liked were a whole family doing "Duck Dynasty" who had big fake beards and bandanas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter