The only reason I'm braving the October heat is to meet the Seven Dwarfs!

Ah come on, October isn't that bad! I can walk to my car after work without sweating or thinking I accidentally walked into a sauna. Actually, most days are already like that now, though it is far from pleasant. And sometimes, it even gets below 70 overnight in October. Some of us even need light jackets sometimes at night by the end of October. :-) (I live in the Tampa Bay area).

Winter in the parks is always amusing. You can pick the locals out quite easily...

This is more of some pre-party planning questions. I'm planning on getting to the TTC at 3 to be at the gates when they start letting people in. I think we want to take the Main st bypass and we have fp for HM 3:25-4:25, Pirates 4:25-5:25 and jungle cruise 5:25-6:25. However, we want to meet snow white and apparently Elsa and rapunzel. It will be me, 2 kids and a toddler in a stroller. What should I adjust? Once the party starts I keep telling myself I'll be more flexible but I really want to take advantage of things that won't be available during the party.

Nope
It is aweful :(
The only things we came for was parade/fireworks and show...DS won’t do but 1or 2 rides and although he loves characters he can’t handle being confined in lines that long
I want to cry right now

Awh no, its stopped raining where I am. Hopefully it has now and you can do the show and parade.

:hug:

Next at 10:00 pm, we'd like to watch the fireworks. I'm thinking of just watching them from the Sleepy Hollow area. Is this a terrible idea? The fireworks are a low priority, but seeing them at least from a side angle would be okay with both of us.

After fireworks, we would absolutely love to ride 7DMT. Is it unrealistic to think it'll only take 30 or so minutes to ride assuming we'd arrive around 10:35??? We'd love to be done at 11:00 pm and use the last hour for characters and ToT.!
We watched from the side near sleepy hollow and it was still great. No problem and I was glad we didn't camp out for an hour wasting party time.

At our (not sold out) party night 7dmt never got less than 60 mins. Maybe do other stuff first and hop in line right before midnight for the last ride? It's not THAT good that you should sacrifice everything else...

However, we want to meet snow white and apparently Elsa and rapunzel. the
Pretty sure Elsa isn't at the party. We went to princess hall right around 7:15 on our party and saw all 4 princesses in about 40 mins, with almost all of that being the actual personal time they took with each kid. I think there was one other family in front of us for Elena and none for Tiana and Rapunzel. I had hoped to get FP
For them so it wouldn't eat party time but having so much personal
Attention and not feeling rushed was amazing and I felt
Like it was a great use of party time for the kids while
They were fresh.

However, we want to meet snow white and apparently Elsa and rapunzel.

Elsa doesn't meet at MK and Snow White doesn't meet that late in the day. So just Rapunzel, and she'll meet all night at PFH. I'd wait for the line to drop later in the evening.

I've been lurking on this thread for a while, but I wanted to jump in quickly. My daughter is 6 1/2. She's done BBB twice, once at MK and once on a cruise. She also met Moana at DL this past spring. They are all really amazing experiences. However, in my super humble opinion, you should do whatever is most magical for you*. Why do I say that? My daughter remembers going to BBB and meeting Moana, but really had to be prompted to remember the details. I, however, remember her face when she was turned around in the BBB chair for the first time. And I captured her glow and excitement talking to Moana, her hero! I don't think you can go wrong either way. In fact, we are taking our girl and her BFF to BBB at 1:50 before our party next Thursday. They love it that much. She was "disappointed" that I nixed Moana, but was quickly excited about meeting Elena instead. It's all magical to them and I feel really grateful today that I get to be a part of it. I would also say, she's going to love spending time with you wherever you are!

*ONE CAVEAT: I would not insist on doing what is most magical for me if my daughter had her heart set on doing one particular thing. I would not dangle out her heart's desire and then snatch it away just to satisfy myself (I wanted to make that clear in case some people who are reading this want to jump all over my seemingly selfish sentiments).

Good luck! I'm hoping our party runs smoothly and yours too!

Thanks so much! I probably shouldn't have dragged the 5yo into it so much, but she and I jointly made the decision last night to skip Moana completely. She said "we can meet her next trip", but I didn't have the heart to tell her there may not be a next trip (either because we might not ever go again or because Moana may not appear at the parks other than special events). Anyway, our MNSSHP will be MUCH less stressful by eliminating the M&G. We'll just be focusing on shows/parades/fireworks/ToT and maybe we can squeeze in the dance party on our way out of the park.

If you want to ride SDMT and see the fireworks...go on SDMT for the fireworks. It's an amazing view. The fireworks literally go off all around you as you ride. Just keep your eye on the wait time for SDMT on the app and enter the line with enough time. If you the wait time is less just step aside and let people pass you until 10. Then get on the ride and have a great experience!

Once the ride is over you can then finish watching the fireworks from right outside the ride, which is also a great view.

Oooo that's sounds so wonderful! I'll run this option by the other adult (my mom) i'm going with !
Unless you really, really care about a front row spot that is far too early for the parade. We (two adults) didn't get a spot in Frontierland close to BTM until after the Hocus Pocus show, on a sold out night. It was probably about 8:40 when my mother arrived and there were plenty of second row spots and some first row. Unless you're trying to film/take photos or are really short you don't need a front row spot. You can see fine from the second row. I would suggest arriving right as the Hocus Pocus show lets out before the people have time to walk over, as tons of people pour into the area when it's over. It's at 8:15 and is 20 minutes long. I would also suggest watching on the river side either right by Splash or by the next bridge and going to thunder mountain as soon as it's over- if you start walking immediately after the last float passes you (don't wait on those around you to walk) you should walk right onto thunder mountain and can ride together that way. The fireworks really are much better from the front. You don't have to arrive early to see them. There was still plenty of room on the sidewalk and street at the end of Main Street (near Casey's and The Plaza) when the fireworks started. Being in that area gives a quicker exit too, as you can easily go left to Adventureland or right through Tomorrowland. If you really want to avoid the front though, Fantasyland is the second best option.

Thank you so much for your reply. I'm really wondering whether we'd still get a front row spot in frontierland if we get there by 8:15-8:20. Mom is rather short (under 5'0") which is why I really wanted to be in the front. I agree with you tho - 7:45 pm is probably too early to stake ou

My mom will not be riding btmrr, do I'll be solo which is why I thought I could manage a quick ride on it while we waited for the parade.

We watched from the side near sleepy hollow and it was still great. No problem and I was glad we didn't camp out for an hour wasting party time.

At our (not sold out) party night 7dmt never got less than 60 mins. Maybe do other stuff first and hop in line right before midnight for the last ride? It's not THAT good that you should sacrifice everything else...

Pretty sure Elsa isn't at the party. We went to princess hall right around 7:15 on our party and saw all 4 princesses in about 40 mins, with almost all of that being the actual personal time they took with each kid. I think there was one other family in front of us for Elena and none for Tiana and Rapunzel. I had hoped to get FP
For .[/QUOT

For them so it wouldn't eat party time but having so much personal
Attention and not feeling rushed was amazing and I felt
Like it was a great use of party time for the kids while
They were fresh.

I'm glad you enjoyed your view from sleepy hallow. I watched 'wishes' from there before, and I think it's a good spot. The best view of course is near MSB and / or Casey's, but then you're dealing with crowds.

I checked kenny the pirate's 'ride wait' feature, and took note that the queue for SDMT was never under 30 minutes. In fact, after the fireworks it climbed to 45! I would love my mom to experience this ride once tho, as this could very well be her last vacation to WDW. Hmmm gonna try to re-work my schedule!

- 3pm Gate
- 3:45 Bypass
- 4 to 5:30pm Jack and Sally Tag Team: shopping, Food, sorcerer card
- 5:40 to 7:40pm Moana Tag Team: shopping, sorcerer card, food, or rides
- 7:45 to 8:30pm haunted mansion
- 8:40 to 9:25 Minnie m&g, ToT
- 9:30 to 9:45pm tml dance party, ToT
- 9:50 to 10:30pm Casey’s corner for fireworks (10:15-10:30pm)
- 10:45pm 2nd parade main st/flagpole
- 12am Last castle show

So this is our new party plan. Our party is 10/31.

I’d like to try to squeeze in meeting Mickey but I’m not sure when. I was thinking maybe right after the fireworks if it’ll only be a 5-10 min wait. I do want to make sure we get a good spot for the parade on main st so if Mickey can’t happen we’ll survive. Also not sure if I gave enough time for haunted mansion and Minnie. Any input/advice/experiences are welcome!

Okay I gave our party plan another shot. I’d love any input. Less than 30 days until we fly out!!!

Okay I gave our party plan another shot. I’d love any input. Less than 30 days until we fly out!!!

Looks pretty good, sounds similar to my own burgeoning plan.

The only thing I see is your choice of parade spot. You might not be able to get front row at that location, is that ok with you?

Editing because I missed what you wrote after the schedule.

If you aren't stuck on watching the parade by the castle, go watch the parade by the flagpole and the train station. One the last float starts to pass just walk into Mickey's line, the wait should not be long at that point.

I have a question if someone with knowledge can answer: I have read on different dis boards about how or when to get in line for Jack n Sally. What is the truth, can I get in line early before bands distributed n hopefully have the person next to me hold my spot n vice versa or is it a must that u have your band before even getting in line???? I heard that CM will not let anyone get in line unless u have the band on.

I have a question if someone with knowledge can answer: I have read on different dis boards about how or when to get in line for Jack n Sally. What is the truth, can I get in line early before bands distributed n hopefully have the person next to me hold my spot n vice versa or is it a must that u have your band before even getting in line???? I heard that CM will not let anyone get in line unless u have the band on.

You probably won't like this answer, but it depends. At a certain point, could be before 4, could be a bit after, CMs will come to officially man the line. At this point you need a wristband. I would be waiting at one of the wrist band distribution points and then quickly walk over. That way there is nothing to worry about.

Looks pretty good, sounds similar to my own burgeoning plan.

The only thing I see is your choice of parade spot. You might not be able to get front row at that location, is that ok with you?

Editing because I missed what you wrote after the schedule.

If you aren't stuck on watching the parade by the castle, go watch the parade by the flagpole and the train station. One the last float starts to pass just walk into Mickey's line, the wait should not be long at that point.

Well I’m fairly short and I want DD (she’s 7) to see everything so front row for the parade would be ideal. I wanted to be on main st in the flagpole area so see Nick and Judy before the parade. But now I’m thinking we could just stay in our fireworks spot (hoping for Casey’s corner area) for the second parade. I guess we would see the third castle show from there too? And then we could run over to Mickey after the parade passes by and not worry about being late for the last castle show. Probably still watch it but at least we saw it once already.

A
You probably won't like this answer, but it depends. At a certain point, could be before 4, could be a bit after, CMs will come to officially man the line. At this point you need a wristband. I would be waiting at one of the wrist band distribution points and then quickly walk over. That way there is nothing to worry about.
after reading all posts here my plan is get bracelet at entrance since they give them early n head straight to jack n sally. I will get pics n first candy bag after that

So as I'm leaving MK to get ready for my Magical Express :sad: there were already people dressed up in the park. And its just started raining again.

Hi Everyone,

Looking for comments or suggestions on our plan for this Thr nite's party...This will be our second one and rides and candy are not a high priority.

4:00 - Get wristband at Tortuga Tavern and then get in line for Moana
6:00ish - After seeing Moana, head to MK front and get Sorcerer’s Card
6:00 - After getting Card, take bypass and get candy/bags (just to check it out)
6:30ish - From bypass, get in line for Jack Sparrow.
8:30ish - find spot for 9:15 Parade (maybe skip parade if we decide on something else)
9:30ish - find spot for 10:15 Fireworks
10:45ish - find spot for 11:15 Parade
12:00 - Hocus Pocus

We would also like to meet Alice & Mad Hatter, Tweedles & Queen of Hearts, and Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet (all in Fantasyland). Any suggestions on when would be good times to somewhat quickly see them? Maybe instead of seeing the first parade? We could see them right after seeing Jack, but I have a feeling the waits will be long.

Any comments would be much appreciated! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter