Not any of the special characters, they have not listed them in the past.

Thanks. Hopefully we have plenty of time to figure out the best strategy for meeting Moana before our party on 10/3. I tried to reschedule BBB today, but nothing else was open on either of our two MK days, so we're still stuck with 5:15 the day of the party.

Thanks. Hopefully we have plenty of time to figure out the best strategy for meeting Moana before our party on 10/3. I tried to reschedule BBB today, but nothing else was open on either of our two MK days, so we're still stuck with 5:15 the day of the party.

Can you fit in the Disney Springs location? I've heard good things about it.

Can you fit in the Disney Springs location? I've heard good things about it.

Probably not. At this point, I don't think we're even going to be going to Disney Springs. I need her BBB appointment to either be slightly earlier in the afternoon the day of the MNSSHP so that we can get in line for Moana by 4 or so, or I would need it to be BEFORE breakfast at Cindy's, which is a 9:25 AM ADR. Does the Disney Springs location even open early enough that we could go there first and make it back to MK for the ADR? Seems unlikely, but I don't know. Just with the travel time and us trying to spend as much time as possible in the parks, I don't think it will work.

I think our best strategy is if my DH is willing to stand in Moana's line while DD and I go to BBB, then we come back to the line. She and I could get in line at 4, then he and stepD could ride rides for a little while, then he could hold our place in line while we do BBB and maybe get dinner to eat in line while we wait for Moana (assuming she starts meeting at 7). We would just have to make sure the people around us in line understand what we are doing and are ok with it.

I need to slow down. Merchandise not really 100% positive if 'sold' at 4pm. If anyone can chime in with their experience 2016, please. And some of these questions will be "hopefully" answered tomorrow. New year - different experience.
I can't speak to all locations, but last year big top souvenirs was selling party merchandise prior to seven if you had your wristband on.

Mona being there has changed my plans. Now we need to see her and Belle since that is what my daughters are wearing.

Yes! I will be watching for Moana wait times and strategies!!! Can we do Moana and Jack Sparrow!?! Can't wait to find out how these earlier parties go!

Yes! I will be watching for Moana wait times and strategies!!! Can we do Moana and Jack Sparrow!?! Can't wait to find out how these earlier parties go!

That video I posted a few pages back gave very sound advise, 2-3 characters, entertainment with some ToTing and a few rides. It's amazing how fast the night goes by! If they meet at the same time let's say at 7pm, who would you line up first to see?

I think our best strategy is if my DH is willing to stand in Moana's line while DD and I go to BBB, then we come back to the line. She and I could get in line at 4, then he and stepD could ride rides for a little while, then he could hold our place in line while we do BBB and maybe get dinner to eat in line while we wait for Moana (assuming she starts meeting at 7). We would just have to make sure the people around us in line understand what we are doing and are ok with it.

Getting in line at 4pm for a character who might be out at 7pm - no, please don't waste your valuable time doing this. Your husband will be all by himself for hours! If Mona comes out at 7pm you should get in line at 6pm or 6:30pm. We should know tonight what time she comes out and you can plan accordingly. :flower3:

Getting in line at 4pm for a character who might be out at 7pm - no, please don't waste your valuable time doing this. Your husband will be all by himself for hours! If Mona comes out at 7pm you should get in line at 6pm or 6:30pm. We should know tonight what time she comes out and you can plan accordingly. :flower3:

Thanks. I guess I was seeing that for some characters you should be in line at 4, but is that because they come out before the party starts? If we don't have to get in line until 6:30, we might be able to run over right after BBB, as long as they aren't running too late. May need to feed DD before BBB and then she can snack during the party. Moana is definitely going to be priority #1, though and we won't spend time meeting any other characters, unless DD spots someone and the line is short enough.

Thanks. I guess I was seeing that for some characters you should be in line at 4, but is that because they come out before the party starts? If we don't have to get in line until 6:30, we might be able to run over right after BBB, as long as they aren't running too late. May need to feed DD before BBB and then she can snack during the party. Moana is definitely going to be priority #1, though and we won't spend time meeting any other characters, unless DD spots someone and the line is short enough.

Print out the pdf it lists times, photopass and if they sign autographs. The huge hitters have been Jack & Sally & the Dwarfs who have come out early the rest come out at 7 p.m. - We should know more tonight!

So, I wanted some input on my strategy, now that I booked the Hallowishes dessert party with Plaza Garden viewing. We are going to the Sept 12 party (a Tuesday) and there are just 2 of us, no kids. I have an AP but my sister will just have a party ticket. We are dressed as Belle (me as gold and her as provincial). We will also be going to the Mickey Halloween Party at Disneyland on October 13th.

3:45 Arrive at MK entrance
4:00-4:05 Enter park, head direct to Fantasyland
4:15-4:35 FP Princesses Rapunzel/Tiana 3:20-4:20
4:40-4:55 FP Peter Pan Flight 4:20-5:20
5:00-5:20 FP 7DMT (no time limit)
5:25-5:45 FP Enchanted Tales with Belle 5:20-6:00
5:45-7:15 Belle/Gaston Meet (we will get in line after ETwB and then individually go out for food)
7:15-8:00 Haunted Mansion w/Madame Carlotta or Rinotta (hopefully; first night reports showed them out in daylight, so probably in early time of the party)
8:00-9:15 Misc, including Haunted Mansion lantern photo. (However, if there is any rain in the forecast for that evening, we will attempt to do the 1st HP show in case later ones get cancelled)
9:15-10:15 Hallowishes Dessert Party
10:15-10:30 Hallowishes
10:30-11:05 Hocus Pocus
11:05-11:35 Boo to You Parade (We don't need to get a front row seat; also Headless Horseman isn't as much a priority as we can see him at the Disneyland Halloween Party a month later); we will figure out the actual location depending on crowds and where we are before the parade.
11:35-11:55 Trick or treat/rides/misc
11:55-12:20 Hocus Pocus (because this would be a repeat show, we are ok standing at the back, so don't need to get there super early for better view)

While I would have liked to see the dwarves, waiting in any sort of longer line is not worth it to me and her. We aren't character people, and the only reason for Belle/Gaston is because of our costumes. Honestly, may even consider cancelling the princesses meet and moving up the other FPs if it really takes 20 minutes.

Last edited:
ANNOUNCEMENT:

When the party starts PLEASE refrain from asking questions about your itinerary. Let's just focus on the party details and start our planning tomorrow.

For guests who are currently there and waiting if we can help you locate something please feel free to ask. This night belongs to you and you have the floor!

Print out the pdf it lists times, photopass and if they sign autographs. The huge hitters have been Jack & Sally & the Dwarfs who have come out early the rest come out at 7 p.m. - We should know more tonight!

Thanks again! And yes, thankfully, we aren't going until October, so plenty of time to plan our strategy after hearing about others' experiences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter