Mk train down?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Eswift, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Eswift

Eswift Mouseketeer

Im guessing the crane behind BoG is to blame, tron is still nowhere near being near the track.

I didn't notice this being scheduled, i wish i had. I'm here on vacation now and it didn't go my first day when it was open.

2. Gehrig1B

Gehrig1B DIS Veteran

Has been scheduled to be closed from 3 December until Summer 2019 for some time now...

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. GADisneyDad14

GADisneyDad14 TPAS Moderator Moderator

Current refurb list can be found here: https://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/rehab.htm

Yes, it is closed for pending Tron construction.

One of the engines/trains is parked at the Main Street station for guests to see/enjoy.

5. WEDWDW

WEDWDW DIS Veteran

And also the little walkway from Tomorrowland Light & Power to Storybook Circus is closed,presumably gone for good.

6. CarolynFH

CarolynFH DIS Veteran

Oh no! So no more riding the train to Fantasyland and taking that walkway to Space Mountain! It was so nice to get away from the hustle & bustle, even with the smoking area there.

need2travel and AngiTN like this.
  7. WEDWDW

WEDWDW DIS Veteran

Yes.the current walkway is good for good,BUT it is "thought" that a new walkway will be part of the Tron project.:)

CarolynFH likes this.
  8. wareagle57

wareagle57 DIS Veteran

Has there been any confirmation about how close you can get to the train. When they did it at Disneyland you could, and talk to the conductor. But some are reporting you are roped off from it.

9. WEDWDW

WEDWDW DIS Veteran

10. Mome Rath

Mome Rath 3 Decade Disney Traveller

Just got back; the train is indeed sitting at the station, there is at least one conductor up there and you can sit on the train itself, that may change, I don't know but for now that's the way it is.

11. Dan Murphy

Dan Murphy We are family.

12. FFstreetDoc

FFstreetDoc Earning My Ears

I believe they went ahead and closed it to prep for the blending of the new Tron area into the park. The Speedway will also close for this project. We rode the train on Dec 2, it's last day before closing. There was a local on the train that either has some information or was just running his pie hole. He said that rumor is they are going to re route the train of go around the tron coaster. Keeping with the perimeter of the park theme. I think they re routed the railroad at DL to accommodate the new Star Wars addition but they did not go around the new land. They will have to re route it or provide a passage over or under to get to the Tron area.

ConnecticutNonna likes this.
  13. Lehuaann

Lehuaann aloha nui loa

The CMs were pretty emotional. We were on one of the last rides right before it closed at 5 pm. The CM was getting choked up over the speaker. Then we saw her later wiping her eyes and few others hugging.

ConnecticutNonna likes this.
  14. yulilin3

yulilin3 Disney Freak Moderator

My friend is one of the train conductor/ engineers and they had train engineer Mickey come out and take pictures with the cms. Then they had a big get together with refreshments, It was very sweet

Attached Files:

15. Captainkidd76

Captainkidd76 Mouseketeer

Losing the Railroad stinks. I know it's not considered a major attraction, but for a lot of people (myself included) it is an integral part of the Magic Kingdom experience. It really is an attraction that hits your senses - Sight, sound, smell.

16. galaxygirl76

galaxygirl76 DIS Veteran

Man this sucks :( the train was down for refurb on our last trip too and my daughter was really looking forward to riding it.

Ds4angels likes this.
  17. Ds4angels

Ds4angels DIS Veteran

We're super bummed about this as well b/c it was closed when we went last time too. But I'm hoping to get a few good pictures of the train. And dh loves to talk trains, so maybe he'll be able to talk w/ the conductor.

18. Dan Murphy

Dan Murphy We are family.

19. WEDWDW

WEDWDW DIS Veteran

The rendering seems to show that Guests will walk up steps and walk "over" the train and also it seems to show a walkway to Storybook Circus will return.:)
    [​IMG]

20. Captainkidd76

Captainkidd76 Mouseketeer

Nothing more remnids me of the old west like riding underneath a futuristic roller coaster.

DoryGirl1963 likes this.
  21. HopperFan

HopperFan "It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."

That is cool!

So what does an engineer do during this closure?