MK (Sunday Oct 16th) crowd level?

NLRover

Earning My Ears
We are starting first of 7 Park days on October 16th. We'd like to start off at MK but want to avoid crazy crowd (as much as we can) that evening is the NSSHP so the park closes for regular guests at 4pm. Think the park will be quietter that day or busy because it's a Sunday?

If it's gonna be crazy we'll start at AK.

Any help/opinions appreciated.

We'll be there that week too, and have scheduled MK for Sunday. We will schedule our Hoop Dee Doo for that night, since the park closes early. Our MNSSHP is for Tuesday, 10/18. As for Sunday, all you can do is hit it at rope drop and do the best you can.

If it’s not your only MK day I’d say book it and get there at or close to ropedrop to maximize your time and than hop or do some non park exploring in the afternoon/evening

I doubt any 3rd party has a good enough crystal ball to make guesses about crowd levels months in advance.
Understand - but with the NSSHP that evening I was thinking maybe the park would be quieter that day.

We are starting first of 7 Park days on October 16th. We'd like to start off at MK but want to avoid crazy crowd (as much as we can) that evening is the NSSHP so the park closes for regular guests at 4pm. Think the park will be quietter that day or busy because it's a Sunday?

If it's gonna be crazy we'll start at AK.

Any help/opinions appreciated.
Park hasn't closed to regular guests at 4 in the past, I think it was 6 PM? Party-goers can enter at 4 on their party ticket. I would expect lighter crowds until 4-ish.

Here's an opinion you might find useful.

https://wdwprepschool.com/disney-world-crowd-calendar/#October_2022

Best & Worst Dates: 2022 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party

"In short, Magic Kingdom is least busy on days with Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party in the evening and more busy on days that MNSSHP isn’t happening. This is because the Halloween Party is separately-ticketed, which causes Magic Kingdom to close early on MNSSHP nights. Many day guests avoid Magic Kingdom on party dates because the park hours are shorter and fireworks are not shown to regular guests. This results in significantly lighter crowds before the party."

But then he turns around and says this:

"Avoid Saturdays in Magic Kingdom during party season, which will likely have 9/10 or 10/10 crowd levels. Also steer clear of any days that are in between two or more Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party nights. This is less important in August and September when attendance levels are lower, but is absolutely essential in October."

Historically we find party days a great choice for MK as the early park close causes many to choose other parks.

If you only have 1 day at MK though and want to enjoy some of the evening entertainment, I would choose a different day.

I’m sure things have changed but last time we did a November trip. The crowds on the party day were extremely light in the morning especially, with them doing reservations now it might change it. MK was crazy busy on the non-party night that same trip.

Ill be there the same week (Oct 15-22) and our schedule is 16th Mk, 17th Epcot, 18th Ak, 19th HS,
20th Epcot, 21st Mk and Epcot on our departure day. I love going to Mk on a party day because of
the lower crowds. And since my two days at Mk fall on a party day, we will do a dessert part on
the Wed night so we don't miss the fireworks. This has been the scheduled I've done numerous times
when I go in the fall. I might not do it this way if I had base tickets but we always have parkhoppers so it works out great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!