MK, Seaworld, beach vacation

Southerndisney

Mouseketeer
Help me plan a Florida vacation with only one day with Mickey. We have visited the Universal parks and Disney parks. This time we want to visit Seaworld, one day at MK and a Florida beach. We visit Myrtle Beach often, so we are used to a beach with shopping and lots of dining choices nearby. Any suggestions? Thanks

That sounds like a great trip. Remember that for Sea World you can get a second day free within seven days at the customer service desk, so if you want to do two days there you might want to go there your first day and your last day. We've vacationed in the area many times and tried many of the nearby beaches. Our favorite beach day trip, even though it's a little longer drive than some of the other choices, is Clearwater beach: great sand, big wide beach, shops and resturants -- an active/happening beach which we prefer to a quiet beach.

20 Trips with # 21 coming up // The boards, though, say I’m just earning my ears.
• March 1971 – KOA closest to Disney (camping)
• March 1972 – Jellystone Park (camping)
• March 1974 – Outdoor Resorts of America (camping)
• Dec. 1974 – Outdoor Resorts of American (camping)
• March 1975 – Outdoor Resorts of America (camping)
• Dec. 1975 – Fort Wilderness (camping)
• Dec. 1976 – Fort Wilderness (camping)
• Dec. 1977 -- Outdoor Resorts of America (camping)
• Dec. 1986 – Marriott Royal Palms (condo by Marriott World Center)
• May 1993 – Disney Contemporary (Garden Wing) (hotel)
• Dec. 1994 – Polynesian Isles (condo)
• May 1999 – Disney Contemporary (Main Building with high floor and Magic Kingdom view) (hotel)
• Dec. 2001 – Cypress Pointe (condo)
• March 2003 – Sheraton Vistana – Cascades section (condo)
• March 2004 – Sheraton Vistana – Cascades section (condo)
• Dec. 2004 -- Cypress Pointe (condo)
• June 2006 – Actually at my cousin’s condo (permanent residence) in Tampa (do day trips count?? – This was a chance to really explore Busch Gardens too.)
• June 2007 – Cypress Point Grandvillas (condo), Disney -- Port Orleans Riverside (hotel), and Sheraton Vistana – Fountains section (condo) – stayed three different places on this trip.
• Dec. 2008 – Sheraton Vistana Resort (remodeled Fountains section) (condo)
• Oct. 2009 – Hilton Garden Inn Seaworld (hotel)
(Will be going again March 2010 – staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Seaworld again)

Clearwater Beach has the most beautiful sand in the world,2'nd is Fort Walton-Destin in the panhadle.The only diff is the waves.The Atlantic has alot bigger waves.As far as beuty,Clearwater hands down.

Drive an hour south of clearwater and you'll be in Anna Maria Island. It is quiet and beautiful.

This is exactly what we're doing in April. We plan to spend two days at SW, one day at MK, then head to the Siesta Key area for a week.

Busch Garden is a very nice park. I always go if I'm in the Tampa area. If, though, I'm staying in the Orlando area I skip it because it's a good hour and a half drive or so each way, and there are so many wonderful world class theme parks right in the Orlando area. I go to something right in the area instead.

Want to hear the input as we are planning something similar for Spring Break in March. 2 nights in Orlando - maybe 2 nights @ Ft. Myers Beach/Sanibel...we'll see...

We went to Sea World in July & had an AWESOME time! I'm a hardcore Dis-fan, but I'd love to go back to Sea World again in the future. I was really suprised by how big the park was & all that they had to offer. We especially loved the animal encounters, rides, & fireworks. (I'm not sure if you're looking for a place to stay, but we stayed at the Sea World Hilton Garden Inn & I don't suggest that place. We booked a non-smoking room, but at check-in they insisted that they didn't have any non-smoking rooms left. The manager said that booking a non-smoking room only means that you're 'requesting' a non-smoking room. He also wouldn't call any of the other local Hilton chains to check for availability. After an hour of insisting that I would not sleep in that room, a non-smoking room 'suddenly' became available at 9 pm.)

We did a vacation like this about 2 years ago. it was one of my most favorite we have done! 2 days at Seaworld, 1 at MK (we did pirate and princess party) and then we went to Clearwater beach. Lots of pool time! So fun and relaxing!!!! Enjoy!

Are there any resorts with condo's for rent on Clearwater Beach? We do not have to be oceanfront but I would a place within walking distance to the ocean. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter