MK or Epcot for a last minute park day on October 30th?

nkereina

Last chance to lose your keys.
For those who have been recently, how have wait times at MK been on non-party days? We may have a free day in Orlando on Wednesday October 30th, and MK is open until 9pm. We wouldn't be arriving until 10:30-11am. And since it will be a game time decision, we won't buy tickets in advance so no advance FP+ booking. Trying to decide whether MK or Epcot would be best for maximizing our time. While MK has more to do, that may be a moot point if we're spending most of the day waiting in line.

Which would you choose?

Epcot would be my choice, especially if Food and Wine has any appeal.

MK is just so packed with party days in Oct, which puts a premium on non-party nights like that Wednesday. I’d rather not go to MK on a non-party day if I have a choice.

Epcot would be my choice, especially if Food and Wine has any appeal.

MK is just so packed with party days in Oct, which puts a premium on non-party nights like that Wednesday. I’d rather not go to MK on a non-party day if I have a choice.
Agree.
During fall when Mk has all the parties, non party days are packed. You're actually better off going on a party day, even though you have to leave early.

One more vote for EP. We were at WDW the week of Halloween two years ago and went to MK in the late afternoon of a non-party day after we had been there in the morning of a party day. Could not believe the difference in how crowded that late afternoon/evening was. I've never been during Christmas week, but this felt like what I imagine that is like. Our non-party day was actually the day after the last MNSSHP, so it was the beginning of a week of no parties at all. You're looking at a date in the middle of party days. You'll enjoy ANY park more than you will MK on that day.

I went this Wednesday (10/16), which was the only non-party night of the week and it was the single busiest I have ever seen the park. A cast member said they hit capacity by about 6 p.m. Just bonkers - did the two rides I had passes for and split right after.

There are so many party nights right now that people flock like crazy to the, very few, non-party ones.

I've been watching wait times in the parks and it seems lines are shorter in EPCOT. I imagine the parties at MK have an impact as others have said. It may be easier to do EPCOT without fast passes and utilize the single rider line (like in Test track) Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter