MK NYE 2017 - 12/30 & 12/31 Fireworks?

GADisneyDad14

Disney Resorts Board
This is probably a really easy or obvious topic, but I need a little help making sure I have my facts straight for MK on 12/30 and 12/31 in 2017.

Based on info I could find about last year (videos, talk on DIS, Disney Parks Blog, etc), the "early" show for both 12/30/2016 & 12/31/2016 was Holiday Wishes (same show as in MVMCP) plus the New Year's countdown (a 2.5 minute segment which includes a countdown, Auld Lang Syne, and a finale all with a ton of perimeter fireworks). The 11:50PM show both nights was Fantasy in the Sky plus the New Year's countdown segment.

To the best I can tell from Disney's website, the park calendar, blogs, etc... for both 12/30 and 12/31 2017 it shows "Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks" for both 6:30PM and 11:50PM.

I guess my question is if it is in fact confirmed / common knowledge that for 2017 "Fantasy in the Sky" will be the show for both times? Or should I not trust the website/park calendar? :confused3

If I have any of my facts wrong above, please correct me. :thanks:

That was the schedule for last year.
There are the 2 shows one at 6:30 and then the 11:50 NYE fireworks. The same for Epcot having the 2 shows. Yes for both nights.Only the special fireworks are the 11:50 show.
We did MK on 12/30 and then Epcot for 12?31
They are spectacular!!!:goodvibes

Last edited:
That was the schedule for last year.
There are the 2 shows one at 6:30 and then the 11:50 NYE fireworks. The same for Epcot having the 2 shows. Yes for both nights.Only the special fireworks are the 11:50 show.
We did MK on 12/30 and then Epcot for 12?31
They are spectacular!!!:goodvibes

Want to make sure I understand your post. Did you do both MK shows on 12/30?

Sorry i wasn't clear .... Yes we saw both shows at Mk on 12/30 one at 6:30pm and the 11:50pm NYE show

The one at 6:30 is NOT the special Fireworks they show at 11:50pm. The 6:30pm was the regular one they show everyday. Only the one at 11;50pm is the pre NYE show with special fireworks.
Its the exact one MK shows on 12/31. Not too sure if Epcot does a Pre-NYE on the 30th

Hope this helps

Sorry i wasn't clear .... Yes we saw both shows at Mk on 12/30 one at 6:30pm and the 11:50pm NYE show

The one at 6:30 is NOT the special Fireworks they show at 11:50pm. The 6:30pm was the regular one they show everyday. Only the one at 11;50pm is the pre NYE show with special fireworks.
Its the exact one MK shows on 12/31. Not too sure if Epcot does a Pre-NYE on the 30th

Hope this helps

Got it, thank you.

So does anyone have any info for 2017? Is Disney's website just flat wrong when it shows Fantasy in the Sky for both times? I know website/calendar inaccuracies happen on occasion.

i highly doubt they would have both NYE special fireworks at 6:30 and the midnite(11:30) show.

But you never know with the surprises Disney springs on us LOL.

I do see the website listing both the 6:30 and the 11:50 as Fantasy in the Sky. Maybe it's something new this year..:-/

so 2 years ago they did holiday wishes at 6:30 and the NYE countdown fireworks immediately following. There was some perimeter fireworks but I recall not ALL perimeter fireworks like in the actual countdown. Also, no fireworks were launched in the lagoon.

At 11:30 they did fantasy in the sky with the countdown fireworks - full perimeter and lagoon fireworks.
They did this both nights (30 and the 31st)

I remember lots of confusion in Epcot about the 6:30 and the 11;50 as being both the NYE fireworks.. Now i see it listed separately for Sunday the 31st NYE

Sorry i didn't have more of a definite answer. Now im curious too because id also love to see the show earlierLOL

I'd love to know too but I'm guessing we won't know till they happen. I'm planning to watch the early show from the resort (CR) and then head to MK after so it would be great for the early show to be the same but I bet it isn't

I'd love to know too but I'm guessing we won't know till they happen. I'm planning to watch the early show from the resort (CR) and then head to MK after so it would be great for the early show to be the same but I bet it isn't

Yeah, I'm honestly a bit frustrated! Trying to figure out my overall park and dessert party strategy for those days and I'd really like to know which show will be in the 'early' slot. If it's Holiday Wishes + the NYE Countdown like the last couple of years, then I'll likely cancel the dessert party. If it's legit Fantasy in the Sky, then I'll probably keep it.

Google the subject and you'll find reputable Disney blogs that show Fantasy in the Sky for both early and late shows.... then some that say Holiday Wishes for the first show... and even one I found that says HEA for the first show. Sort of an odd lack of info on such a big day, unless I'm just totally missing something?

It the first holiday for HEA, right? So I'm expecting zero concrete info from any bloggers. Whatever they put out is gonna be their best guess based on past years and what Disney shows on the calendar, just like folks here.

We got the dessert party for the late show so I'm certain what we're doing there.

We have the dessert party plaza viewing booked as well for 12/30 at 10:40pm. Maybe ill see you there AngiTN.:thumbsup2 Ill probably keep the party only because its going to be so crowded and it's a nice respite away from the crowds.

Last year the 360 fireworks were only at 11:50pm.
Plus it will be a new show all around for us. But last year the Pre-NYE fireworks were amazing. they were shot off around the park 360 degrees. We just spun around and around so beautiful. :goodvibes

Can't wait!!

Hopefully in a couple of weeks or sooner they will have a more detailed schedule up. It is very frustrating especially with all the planning coordination and time that goes into a WDW trip.

It the first holiday for HEA, right? So I'm expecting zero concrete info from any bloggers. Whatever they put out is gonna be their best guess based on past years and what Disney shows on the calendar, just like folks here.

We got the dessert party for the late show so I'm certain what we're doing there.

Yeah, it is the first with HEA. If the early show does turn out to be HEA, I’ll just sit my bottom on the beach at Poly and save the money! :-)

If either one of you that have 12/30 dessert party decide to cancel, could you PLEASE pm me first? I originally booked it, then decided to cancel it because my boys and hubby aren't big on desserts. The hub was soooo jammed last weekend when I tried to watch HEA that I reconsidered and of course they are sold out.

Yeah, I grabbed the dessert party for similar reason, to know we have a spot at least a bit out of the crowds.

We'll watch the first show from our resort or from Fantasy Land near 7DMT. Mostly depends on when we get back to the park, we're leaving for a nap mid afternoon. Being open till 2:00 was bad now they're open till 3:00! We're gonna try to make it

Will remind me of the last 24 hour day

If either one of you that have 12/30 dessert party decide to cancel, could you PLEASE pm me first? I originally booked it, then decided to cancel it because my boys and hubby aren't big on desserts. The hub was soooo jammed last weekend when I tried to watch HEA that I reconsidered and of course they are sold out.

Well, in full disclosure (and please don’t flame me for this), I have reservations for two for both the first and second dessert party on 12/30. I don’t like to hoard ADRs like that but got spooked when they opened up for booking and grabbed both so I could figure it out later. Pretty much why I’m trying to figure out the fireworks for the first show! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Well, in full disclosure (and please don’t flame me for this), I have reservations for two for both the first and second dessert party on 12/30. I don’t like to hoard ADRs like that but got spooked when they opened up for booking and grabbed both so I could figure it out later. Pretty much why I’m trying to figure out the fireworks for the first show! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

No flames. I totally get it! You never know what you need so you have to be prepared. I'm looking for cancellations for the 2nd party. :-)

We are also doing the dessert party for 10:40 on 12/30. We didn't originally have them booked but over the last couple months we have slowly added reservations as spots came available. First 2, then 1 a month later, and finally we added the last one this weekend!

I think it's pretty up in the air about which fireworks they'll do at 6:30. I've heard some say its HW, others say it's Fantasy, and some say that because of HEA being new, they'll do that one. Personally, I hope it's HW. You can see HEA any other time of year and they shouldn't repeat the same show the same night. I guess we'll see!

I'd love for it to be Holiday Wishes too. Maybe it's going to have the special tag on it which makes it different enough that they don't want to list it as HW on the calendar?
Though my personal money would be on just an error on their calendar.

I'd love for it to be Holiday Wishes too. Maybe it's going to have the special tag on it which makes it different enough that they don't want to list it as HW on the calendar?
Though my personal money would be on just an error on their calendar.
Yeah, I don't think they've updated it for a while. They still have the Halloween entertainment on as "schedule unavailable" and haven't put on any of the other holiday entertainment like a Tomorrowland Christmas

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter