MK morning without a stroller?

Chrislovesdisney

DIS Veteran
I won’t bore you with my plan logistics (involves split stay) but thoughts on not bringing a stroller at all for one MK Day (on our first park day), morning only (leaving after lunch), resort transportation via bus, for our 3 year old (who is a peanut, 25 lbs and 35 inches, so short strides!)? We would bring stroller for subsequent full days of our trip. Just doing fantasyland and main street that day... tia!

Are you, or someone in your party, able to carry him if he's too slow for your tastes? Is he used to walking at the mall, zoo, or in your neighborhood?

I personally love being without a stroller and think it's doable. I would think it's at most one mile walking from the bus to the very back of Fantasyland each way, not counting side/back tracking. I do think some kids are happier to be able to walk on their own than being confined in the stroller. Any reason you want to do this?

If the train is open make sure you use it to your advantage. Helps save the feet a little

I’m not sure the train will be opened by summer (everywhere I look for now says no).

We are doing just the first night in pop (arriving late at night) and then moving to BWV . We are renting a stroller and don’t want to eat up any of our time (if we had it delivered in the am before leaving for park) or any of our hotel room (if we had it delievered arrival night) trying to set up the stroller, stow/pack accessories, etc. when we are planning for Disney to transport all our stuff and try to get to MK for rd day one! Figured it’s easier to just have it delivered to BWV and settle all in at once with all our stuff.

I think this will work as long as you are willing to carry for the initial RD into Fantasyland.

All of the ways to get behind the castle are elbow-to-elbow because people are trying to get to Seven Dwarfs or Peter Pan ASAP. So, I'd either plan to carry kiddo to the first attraction, allow the first rush to dissipate before you start moving, or start in an easier land (Buzz to Astro to Fantasyland) where you won't have a three year old walking in such a tight crowd.

Thanks for the tip! Even though we are rd, we are making this our relaxing intro to MK (will be doing a 2nd day later on) so we will have our 3 FP and maybe 1 or 2 other rides but want to take our time meandering down main street and letting the girls ogle at the castle as we walk towards it (and selfishly enjoy watching the girls ogle at it!)!

I say go for it since it’s just a morning.
If she gets tired or you decide to stay longer, you can always send one of the adults back to the front of the park to rent a Disney stroller for that day if you absolutely have to. I doubt you’ll need to.

I think this will work as long as you are willing to carry for the initial RD into Fantasyland.

All of the ways to get behind the castle are elbow-to-elbow because people are trying to get to Seven Dwarfs or Peter Pan ASAP. So, I'd either plan to carry kiddo to the first attraction, allow the first rush to dissipate before you start moving, or start in an easier land (Buzz to Astro to Fantasyland) where you won't have a three year old walking in such a tight crowd.

I would definitely plan to carry her through the thicker crowds. On our last visit, a guy was looking ahead trying to maneuver through the crowd. He didn’t see my 2.5 year old holding my hand. He JUMPED over my son to avoid completely barreling him over. People aren’t always looking down.

Thanks for the tip! Even though we are rd, we are making this our relaxing intro to MK (will be doing a 2nd day later on) so we will have our 3 FP and maybe 1 or 2 other rides but want to take our time meandering down main street and letting the girls ogle at the castle as we walk towards it (and selfishly enjoy watching the girls ogle at it!)!

I can totally agree with that. We wanted to do the same on our first MK day, but then our kids were up at the crack of dawn. Rather than hanging around the room we just headed out, so we had already done the omnibus, a Starbucks stop, and PP pictures in front of the castle before the rope dropped. By that time, they were ready to hit some rides, so we ended up doing a lot more than we planned right off the bat.

I would skip it!! When you get back to your room your little one will probably drop for a nap and you'll be able to get your room set up with no interruptions. Have a great trip.

Bring the stroller. It's a long walk from the bus stop to the gate and then throughout the park. I have a 3 year old and carrying him would not be my idea of fun over long distances in the FL heat. Could it be done? Yes. Would I do it, no. Navigating crowds is also easier when your LO is secure in a stroller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter