MK Lunch and Dinner

kbbreaux

Earning My Ears
What are your favorite restaurants in Magic Kingdom? Trying to plan - not doing the meal plan - But looking at 2 lunches and 3 dinners. Do you leave the kingdom and eat elsewhere and go back? Seems like a lot of wasted time.

My grandson's birthday is arrival day (turning 6) and my husband's birthday is the following day. Is there a good place in MK to have a special dinner?

I like Columbia Harbour House and Be Our Guest best. Pinocchio Village Haus is pretty good as well. Crystal Palace might be fun for your DGS birthday.

Be Our Guest is our favorite followed by CRT. Both need to be booked as early as possible-BOG more so-as they fill up quickly. The Beast is usually available for photos after you have had dinner. Check out pictures online of the different rooms-you can ask to be seated in one that appeals to you and although they won't guarantee it, we have always gotten what we requested. CRT is in the castle, it is a special experience unlike anywhere else. It is expensive and lots of people eat there once and never go back but we love it and have at least one meal there on our yearly trips.

The Plaza and Skipper Canteen are great for lunch.

We also always have dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern on our first night in MK. It is served family style, an all you care to eat Thanksgiving type meal and the food is good.

Columbia Harbour House is the best. Such good Lobster Rolls. It was my favorite meal on our last trip to MK.

We haven't eaten supper there in years but we enjoy Skipper's Canteen, Pecos Bills and The Plaza. There are tons of places in the resorts along the monorail that leaving the park is no big deal.

Two lunches and three dinners are a lot in one park. You may want to consider the monorail resorts for dinner.

For a six year old's birthday dinner, I'd suggest Crystal Palace or 1900 PF dinner.

Food wise, my favorite was liberty tree tavern especially for lunch, theming wise, we enjoyed CRT, and Be our guest. Avoid Tony's town square.

Don't rule out the poly or grand Floridian for food options just a quick monorail ride away

We love The Plaza as well, great place for sandwiches and ice cream and very reasonable. Was once a “hidden” gem but the secret is out LOL!

Crystal Palace has a nice buffet but we seem to find lunch the best as we were not thrilled with breakfast and if you eat dinner late the buffet gets combined to one side and it is rather pricey.

Liberty Tree Tavern has a nice lunch as well and many enjoy their all you can eat dinner.

We do go out of the park sometimes for lunch, just gives you a little breather when the crowds get overwhelming. We like The Wave at CR as it’s nice a relaxing and you can even walk there from the park.

Another fun lunch is Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL-it’s just a boat ride away and Trails End Restaurant at FW has a great buffet and serves brunch on the weekends and is probably the most reasonably priced buffet in all of WDW but has a nice variety.

You may not want to waste the time out of MK for lunch but sometimes it’s a nice “break” from the crowds;)

Feel free to check out my reviews/photos on some of the restaurants I mentioned at the link in my signature. Currently working on some new/updated photos/reviews as I write this:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter