Would love to hear some reviews from the new format, including the beer/wine selections. DFB is reporting that alcohol will be included for all 3 options, but I am skeptical given the price difference between the before and after party. I was debating booking this for our upcoming trip but haven’t pulled the trigger.

A good read on the latest dessert party happenings:

Thanks for posting, Josh does some great reviews. I’m glad we stuck with after fireworks for our party in December, I don’t like the view from the terrace as much. I agree with his comment that the best value is during party season, when the showings of HEA are far and few between. His comment about CA Grill brunch being about the same cost as the new party price will really have me weighing the pros and cons in the future. I’m still hoping to get a 7/3 party but will probably not do a party for a “regular” night again unless they add an AP discount or something.

Just wondering... if it’s raining and the show is delayed, do they let you stay in the dessert party area if you do the before party? And if so, do they continue to offer desserts? We did the after party last summer and the show was delayed about an hour. They let us stay here in an unused part without food until the show started. But I was wondering if we had done the before party would it just have lasted longer until the show started.

I have reservations for the party on March 23. The party begins at 8:00 with the park closing and HEA beginning at 9:00. However, there are DAH that night starting at 10:00 which leads me to believe they will extend park closing to 10:00. If that happens, do they keep HEA at 9:00 or change it to 10:00? Thanks!

I have reservations for the party on March 23. The party begins at 8:00 with the park closing and HEA beginning at 9:00. However, there are DAH that night starting at 10:00 which leads me to believe they will extend park closing to 10:00. If that happens, do they keep HEA at 9:00 or change it to 10:00? Thanks!

HEA will stay at 9pm.

And yep, almost a given park hours will extend to 10pm on your evening.

Have fun!

How early should you show up for the dessert party?

Which one?

It is really subjective - some will line up well in advance of the ADR time, some will come much later. We prefer to come later, but specifics depend on which one.

We're doing there one at Tomorrowland Terrance

If my understanding of current operations is correct, tables are given first come first served, so that party sometimes gets mentioned as one you’d rather be on time for vs late. The ADR time is one hour pre fireworks - you’ll always have eager beavers that arrive in advance of that and wait. I haven’t personally done the Tomorrowland Terrace version in awhile so I’m a bit hesitant to give specific advice.

I believe that they code as restaurants, but I'm not 100% certain. I have a card that gives 3% rewards for restaurants and I'm pretty sure that we got that when we pre-paid for the dessert parties. However, "travel" is also 3% on that card, so its possible that it coded as something travel-related, I guess.

Hi.. I have a Garden view reservation for fireworks.. can I stay there to watch Once Upon a Time show? Will still be a reserved area or do they open to public after HEA? Thanks..

You can stay for OUAT. The area is no longer reserved after HEA, but most people leave, and very few enter. It's pretty wide open at that point.

I was wondering how long after the fireworks you can hang out in the garden plaza after the fireworks? Can you stay and relax while the crowds are leaving MK? Will they allow you back inside to use the bathrooms after HEA if going to the before party?

As I mentioned above, once HEA is over, the area isn't controlled access any more. The vast majority of dessert party goers leave, but you can stay for quite a while. We always do, just to wait for the stampede of people leaving to die down. There should be no problem going to the bathroom and coming back since the area is open to anyone at that point.

As I mentioned above, once HEA is over, the area isn't controlled access any more. The vast majority of dessert party goers leave, but you can stay for quite a while. We always do, just to wait for the stampede of people leaving to die down. There should be no problem going to the bathroom and coming back since the area is open to anyone at that point.
Thanks ! Good to know, I was just wondering if you could use the facilities inside the Terrace, where the party is held.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter