MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

So I called..the CM I spoke with told me the date I requested in Feb was available but then said tix are non-refundable. She was unsure what the cancellation policy was and as I am unsure whether 2 of the members of our group will definitely be able to attend she told me best to wait until I know for sure. However, now that I have reviewed posts on this board related to EMM cancellation it sounds like I would be refunded if we cancel before 24 hours? Sigh. I will try again in a few days. Thanks to all who've posted on this thread!

That CM was uninformed. You can cancel an EMM reservations just as you can any ADR 24 hours before your reservation time.

This is my own reservation for 11-20.

Screen%20Shot%202019-10-06%20at%204.47.56%20PM.png

Do you need to give names when you book this?

Yes you have to attach names to the reservation just like dining reservations. You also have to have park tickets to participate...not sure if you have to purchase and link park tickets in MDE before purchasing EMM. But both times I’ve reserved EMM I already had purchased park tickets.

So I called..the CM I spoke with told me the date I requested in Feb was available but then said tix are non-refundable.
Yes as others have said the CM is mistaken. The reservation clearly says there is a 1-day cancellation policy.

Yes you have to attach names to the reservation just like dining reservations. You also have to have park tickets to participate...not sure if you have to purchase and link park tickets in MDE before purchasing EMM. But both times I’ve reserved EMM I already had purchased park tickets.
But you don’t need to attach names to dining reservations. You only need a lead name.

Yes, my mistake I was confusing dining with my room reservation where I had to attach names. And I’ve only reserved EMM online where I had to attach names. Good to know phoning in is not the same.

You do not need park tickets in MDE to purchase EMM. Yes, you will need park admission to attend EMM. I bought tickets online the day these new times dropped, but I only bought park tickets days later and only got them linked in MDE today. No issues.

So I called..the CM I spoke with told me the date I requested in Feb was available but then said tix are non-refundable. She was unsure what the cancellation policy was and as I am unsure whether 2 of the members of our group will definitely be able to attend she told me best to wait until I know for sure. However, now that I have reviewed posts on this board related to EMM cancellation it sounds like I would be refunded if we cancel before 24 hours? Sigh. I will try again in a few days. Thanks to all who've posted on this thread!

Did you try to book it online first? Just curious if people are having success for dates they can see online but not book.

To answer my own question above...I called but she could not book it. She could see the date was available but said it did not seem like they were loaded yet. She did not think it would be sold out already. I just need to keep checking. This was for April 2020

To answer my own question above...I called but she could not book it. She could see the date was available but said it did not seem like they were loaded yet. She did not think it would be sold out already. I just need to keep checking. This was for April 2020

Thanks for the report.

Yeah, so either two things have happened: 1) Random website ADR flukiness for no apparent reason.... or 2) Someone on the EMM side jumped the gun on the park calendar people, like what happened with Sept EMMs which were later replaced by EEMHs. Or could be something else, who knows!

Hate when these things happen, they leave many of us in planning/watching limbo.

I called (wanting to book Jan 2020) and after being bounced around several times they told me it’s just sold out. I really have a hard time believing that as the 2019 dates are still available. I can’t imagine every single 2020 dates are booked. He also told me they only sell 200 tickets to each morning, but that number seems low. Frustrating and hopefully they’ll figure it out!

I called (wanting to book Jan 2020) and after being bounced around several times they told me it’s just sold out. I really have a hard time believing that as the 2019 dates are still available. I can’t imagine every single 2020 dates are booked. He also told me they only sell 200 tickets to each morning, but that number seems low. Frustrating and hopefully they’ll figure it out!

If you are dealing with first level customer service they literally book through the same website you and I do. So most likely they are clicking on the same thing you would be and telling you it's sold out based on what they see there. I'm fairly sure it's some sort of mistake.

Agree - this happens time and time again when we see events “blue” on the website but no times available (and an almost no chance it’s actually sold out). It’s happening for some dessert parties right now, it happens on other things from time to time.

The answer when calling is almost always “it’s sold out” because that’s what it looks like to them too (just like to us online), but in reality it’s something else going on further behind the scenes.

Yeah, no chance every single January date sold out simultaneously.

The January 2020 days for early morning magic are not available the week we are going. WIll they open up more times?

The January 2020 days for early morning magic are not available the week we are going. WIll they open up more times?

All the dates in December still show availability. There is something weird going on with the January 2020 dates. If you read a little further back in this thread it's been discussed. It doesn't make sense that December dates would all have availability and January would all be sold out. When they opened up the January dates last week, I was able to book January 30. Then by a couple days later there was no avaialbity at all in January. I'd just keep checking every day and watch this thread. Someone will post when January shows availability again.

I just came here to ask if it is possible that the 2 dates we could go in February are sold out already, and after reading though the last few pages it seems like they were briefly bookable but now seem to have been pulled? Is that correct? So I should just keep following and checking but should be able to get them?

I just came here to ask if it is possible that the 2 dates we could go in February are sold out already, and after reading though the last few pages it seems like they were briefly bookable but now seem to have been pulled? Is that correct? So I should just keep following and checking but should be able to get them?

Yup - they’re blue but show as sold out, but that can’t possibly be accurate. So something is up behind the scenes. With EMM, various dessert parties, etc. I’m sure someone knows why... but we sure don’t! :-)

Yup - they’re blue but show as sold out, but that can’t possibly be accurate. So something is up behind the scenes. With EMM, various dessert parties, etc. I’m sure someone knows why... but we sure don’t! :-)
Thanks, booking Disney events is so weird. My DH just shakes his head when I know things like this, he would just assume no openings means no openings. As would any normal person... I'm running into something similar with the Christmas fireworks parties....I think... but then I went and booked Tony's party instead so now I don't know if it matters anyway. Aargh, this makes my head hurt!

Thanks, booking Disney events is so weird. My DH just shakes his head when I know things like this, he would just assume no openings means no openings. As would any normal person... I'm running into something similar with the Christmas fireworks parties....I think... but then I went and booked Tony's party instead so now I don't know if it matters anyway. Aargh, this makes my head hurt!

Yup - the December MVMCP deserts parties have the same affliction, and that one has been going on for months. Funny we’re all sitting here wanting to give Disney our money for something months in advance, and can’t. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter