MK dinner advice

Lidian

DIS Veteran
Our trip is just around the corner ... but due to some things ... we are currently without dinner on one of our MK nights.

We've tried to book in the park, since its our night to see the parade and Wishes ... but it looks like we'll have to either do a CS meal or dine at one of the nearby resorts. (Unless something does end up coming open - which is unlikely, but not impossible.)

What resort/restaurant would you recommend for the quickest meal? And how much time would you allot for said meal? We aren't picky eaters - so long as its not sandwiches ... We'd prefer a TS meal for lunch/dinner, but if it means missing the parade or Wishes, we'll just eat CS (OOP).

Oh ... we're on the DDP ...

I don't know all the ins and outs of the restaurants yet, but I would look at one of the monorail resorts like the Poly or CR. Or even WL since you can take the boat to and from MK.

I'd try The Wave at CR or Kona at the Poly. If you can't get a ressie I know that at the Poly, the Sushi bar and the counter type tables around it, serve the Kona menu on a first come first serve basis. I find that most Disney restaurants try to get you in and out within an hour...gotta turn those tables.
Good luck. Heres some :wizard: I hope you find just what you are looking for and have a great trip.

I'd try The Wave at CR or Kona at the Poly. If you can't get a ressie I know that at the Poly, the Sushi bar and the counter type tables around it, serve the Kona menu on a first come first serve basis. I find that most Disney restaurants try to get you in and out within an hour...gotta turn those tables.
Good luck. Heres some :wizard: I hope you find just what you are looking for and have a great trip.

I think those are 2 excellent suggestions! I ate at the Wave in Feb. 09 and it was very good. I've got an ADR for Kona this Oct!

Another option is to do a late breakfast/early lunch (or even a late lunch) that day and then use CS for the evening so that you don't feel under pressure to rush back for the fireworks and parade.

If you choose a counter service location at the Magic Kingdom I would recommend Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe.

However if you want to try a table service restaurant at one of the Monorail Resorts then I would recommend The Wave at the Contemporary, because I have read a lot of positive reviews about it.

I suggest considering Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. There are usually reservations available at the last minute, and it is consistently one of my favorite restaurants on property. I prefer it to any table service location in the Magic Kingdom.

If you're stuck with counter service, I recommend Columbia Harbour House, which is located between Fantasyland and Liberty Square. I love the hummus sandwich!

I have heard wonderful things about Kona and it is a quick walk from the monorail stop, plus every review I read said that their service is very fast.

I forgot to mention if you like Sushi I would also highly recommend the Kona Island Sushi Bar at the Polynesian and over there you don't need any ADR's.

Unless you are planning to eat dinner very late it should not interfere with the parade or fireworks, which usually start at 9 or 10 pm. You can eat anywhere if you eat around 6 or 7 - dinner shouldn't take more than an hour at most regular TS locations, only the signature meals generally take a little longer.

The Grand Floridian Cafe is also a great place nearby to grab a nice sit down meal.

This sounds very good! We may have to try the Sushi Bar. Thank you!!
You're welcome and if you go there but see that the chairs at the Suhsi Bar are taken, you can also sit down at the window which faces the Polynesian Monorail station. Unless you wanted to wait for chairs at the Sushi Bar to open up.

I think those are 2 excellent suggestions! I ate at the Wave in Feb. 09 and it was very good. I've got an ADR for Kona this Oct!

I would agree. We love Kona and getting there and back is fairly easy. 3 stops on the resort monorail there, and 2 stops back.

The Wave is even closer. One stop on the resort monorail there or you can walk. Coming back I would definitely walk. That said, our meal at the Wave last year was the slowest of our trip. 30 minutes to be seated (as opposed to 2 minutes at Kona) and our slowest service of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter