MK Costuming Changes, etc.

Safari Steve

D23 Expo Here I Come!!!
Starting tomorrow (Sunday, March 16) The Magic Kingdom park greeter costume will change. The charcoal gray slacks and newsboy hats will be replaced with light blue slacks or shorts and white panama-style straw hats.

Starting in April, Adventureland Merchandise and Foods as well as Frontierland Merch, Foods, and Attractions will recieve new, more deeply themed costumes.

In regards to recent rumors involving the future of Future World, which mentioned a possible increase in the number of trees and shrubs... There are already a WHOLE BUNCH of trees in FW. I don't know if anybody else has ever counted them, but they're everywhere! I'm not sure if I was just more aware, but I believe there may have been some large crepe myrtles planted on the hill to the South and West of Ice Station Cool. Some smaller trees have just recently been planted (this I know for sure) in the butterfly garden near the East entrance of Mouse Gear.

Epcot's new bag-check structures are being used. A couple more turnstiles have been walled off for the rest of the structures to be built.
MK's structures are still being built. Both sides are currently under construction.

A new atmosphere performer is on Main St. He's a photographer with an old fashioned camera. Only saw him in passing, so I'm not sure of his schtik, but he looked good.

The FriendShip dock near Mexico is being refurbished. Currently, the boats are running one circuit, leaving every 20 minutes with stops at Canada, Morocco, and Germany. When the Mexico dock is finished, the Canada dock will recieve similar treatment.

The Stories Behind the Magic Kiosks area has been walled off in Innoventions East.

$11 wine-tastings are being given in the German pavillion, between Oktoberfest and the sweets shop. The facades on the right hand side of the pavillion are covered for rehab and painting.
The signs for Oktoberfest and Sommerfest (dining locations) have recently been repainted.

The children's fountain between Innoventions East and Mission: Space is walled off for work. The similar fountain near Showcase Plaza is open and working.

New signs have gone in above the ticket booths to tie in with the "Where Magic Lives" campaign. Shopping bags with the slogan have replaced "100 Years of Magic" bags. Nametags featuring Tinkerbell and the phrase "Where Magic Lives" will debut on May 1. They will once again include the CM hometown.

Pal Mickey will be available for rental or purchase at the resorts beginning in April. He will be available for rental or purchase in the parks in May. $8 per day rental w/ $50 credit card deposit. If guests wish to keep him rather than return, the price (minus rental fee for the number of days used) will be charged automatically to the credit card.

The Disney Store tickets are working wonderfully! If there's still a Disney Store at your local mall, you may want to try this new service for buying WDW tickets. They work like the gift cards sold at most retail chains, and must be activated at the register to work at the parks. They are much more durable than the paper stock available at WDW ticket booths.

Mickey head antenna toppers are now available featuring the flag designs from the World Showcase countries (like the stars and stripes mickey heads that came out a while back).

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but the rifles are (still?) in use at Fort Langhorn on TSI. The triggers are different from the ones described in the incident that had them removed from DL's fort, so I'm not sure if they were changed, removed-then changed-then reinstalled, or just were never a problem. I don't get out to the island all that often, and went into the fort a couple of weeks ago for the first time in about 3 years. Just thought I'd mention it for anyone who desperately needs to pretend to fire rounds at the Liberty Belle.

Great stuff, thanks for the update. By greeters, do you mean photograpers on main street? I liked the newsie costumes. Are the new ones as good in your opinion?

The photographer on Main Street has a digital camera loaded inside the big old fashioned camera. Personally, I think this is a good addition. Disney gets to sell the photos, but the experience is more magic. We saw two different photo guys working the camera, they both did a great job.

btw, I think you misspelled Canada "dock" :) :).

Thanks Greg, I fixed the error... how embarrassing....

Park Greeters are the people (like me) who man the turnstiles, stock maps, and provide crowd control in the entry plaza.

I noticed the hollow camera shell, but I passed him downstairs, so I wasn't sure of what he was up to besides atmosphere. (I had guessed that was the use, though).

Pal Mickey is a talking plush Mickey Mouse doll. He tells jokes, Disney fun-facts, which FastPass attractions have short Standby wait times... it should be neat.

QUOTE]The Disney Store tickets are working wonderfully! If there's still a Disney Store at your local mall, you may want to try this new service for buying WDW tickets. They work like the gift cards sold at most retail chains, and must be activated at the register to work at the parks. They are much more durable than the paper stock available at WDW ticket booths.[/QUOTE]

Does this mean the HUGE AP voucher (in the nifty plastic) is what I'll be keeping as my new AP??? It's too big to carry in most fanny packs or smallish purses - although I love the overall durability of it.

Just curious - I'll be activating it in just 9 days!!
Karen

The AP voucher is just a voucher, you must exchange it for an AP at any WDW ticket window.
The other passes offered snap off of the larger plastic card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter