• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MJ's Essentials-the Essentials for everyone to become a classic movie buff

WDWfanatic288

<font color=blue>Is now a card carrying member of
Well as you probably already know, Marissa(BabyLove99) and I are twins, and part of our twinnage comes from our love for classic movies and movie stars. We are here to make a whole list of classic movies(the Essentials) as a way to educate the rest of the world.

I'll start of with the Essential of all Essentials-
Citizen Kane

-an essential as it is the greatest movie to ever be made. Orson Welles,at the age of 26, acted, starred, directed and produced this movie. This movie revolutionalize the ways movies were made and has itself on top of many Top 100 movies. It is not the greatest movie based on the film itself...but on everything it influenecd.

Casablanca

I'm too sick to post why, I can't even think straight right now

Gone with the Wind

-wonderful technicolor! wonderful love story and Civil War story. Vivien is wonderful as Scarlett, and Clark wonderful as Rhett. Even though the movie is super long,(3 hours and 55 minutes) it keeps your attention and it doesn't seem to drag on about nothing.

Vertigo

Alfred Hitchcock, one of the greatest directors...this is considered his masterpiece. Jimmy Stewart gives an amazing performance, proving that he can go against type and play any role. At the time of its release the film wasn't thought highly of, but is now seen as Hitch's best.

Singin' in the Rain

-best musical. It's just wonderful. The roaring 20s are fabolous and it's great to see how movies turned to talkies. Gene Kelly and one of the most famous scenes in cinema history-Singin' in the Rain-GREATNESS AT ITS BEST. and to think he had a cold while filming that scene(just a bit of movie trivia) It's also my favorite movie on the whole face of this Earth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter