Mistake you will not repeat next time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KapBoy77

Mouseketeer
When we went to Disney World earlier this month we were super prepared and had the best time of our lives.

One of the things I wanted to do was try a Dole Whip the first day we were at MK. Didn't happen. Second time there... Didn't happen. Third time at MK... Didn't happen. On the last day (4th time at MK) I told my wife that trying a Dole Whip was a priority and it was going to happen.

Well I did get that Dole Whip. I had a taste, my two boys had a taste, my wife had a taste. That Dole Whip was devoured like we were cave people eating a turkey leg!!!! It was Awesome!!!

I wish we would have tried one on day 1!!!!! If we had I can guarantee that the snack credits would have been used up way before our last day at the parks. So next time we go and have the opportunity to try something new earlier in the week we will!

First thing on the agenda next December when we go back is hitting up the Dole Whip stand!

I was the same way. It was my 3rd trip (last October) that I FINALLY tried the Dole Whip (after a friend and Disney fan kept asking if I had tried it)!

The Best! :goofy:

I love them so much, I bought a ice cream maker, and the mix to make at home. :goodvibes

But it does not compare to having them at Disney! I look forward to using snack credits on them in April! :thumbsup2

For some reason my touring plan always has us criss-crossing the park for fast passes, rides etc. I hate it and I always say that next time we're going to change that...yet go figure we never do. I was just planning a rough itinerary with my brothers GF and sure enough we start with fastpasses for space mountain and head over to Jungle Cruise...:confused3

DOLE WHIPS!!!!!! Can't wait for August!!!!! Anyhoo, our mistake - if that's what it's called - was to get 3 cupcakes at Starring Rolls - one for each of us. Those suckers are HUGE!!! Well, we ate 'em, but boy were we sick afterwards. So now the lightbulb went off and we get one at a time and cut them in thirds so we can enjoy without nasty after-effects.

I have been to Epoct three times, amd still haven't seen Illmuninations! There is no way we are going to miss it this time. It looks incredible.

Making a dinner reservation for our arrival night. The first time we stayed at POFQ I had made ressies at Chef Mickey's. By the time we arrived at our resort, we had just enough time to drop our stuff off in our room and make it to dinner. This caused a HUGE meltdown in my son. He wanted to go to the pool w/ the waterslide and check out the resort. He was overly tired from traveling. Instead of having a fun dinner at Chef Mickey's (which is what I was thinking....) it was a NIGHTMARE. I won't make that mistake twice.

Captain EO, never again. lol...

I just got an ice cream machine for Christmas & Dole Whip mix :) Loving it!

I'm in a mood.....

Not using talcum powder......is the mistake I will not repeat next time.:rolleyes2

Not finding out in advance where the Lynx buses at DTD are.

We spent maybe half an hour to an hour walking around in the May heat trying to find them. A CM even sent us the wrong way once!

Next time if any trip depends on transport, we're learning in advance where it goes from :thumbsup2

My mistake I won't be repeating is not buying trip insurance. After badly spraining my ankle one week prior to our last trip in September, I won't ever book a vacation without purchasing it again. :headache:

I decide to forego the Fast Pass and get in the single rider line at the Rock 'n Roller Coaster. BIG MISTAKE. The single rider line at RNRC is very slow. Get the Fast Pass if you can.

There have been many mistakes through out all of our trips over the years.

One that I will always remember, If a family member is grumpy, feed them or let them swim, encourage a nap, sleep in the next morning. - Do whatever it takes to make them happy.

It makes our vacation a happy vacation.

:goodvibes

Our boys are now ages 5, 12 and 13, but when our oldest was a toddler, I thought it was essential to take him back to the resort for a nap. So I took our toddler back to CSR on my own while everyone else stayed at MK. He was way too worked up to nap, but I spent the afternoon in our room trying to get him to fall asleep. It was frustrating. Hours later, I gave up and walked around the resort - he fell asleep in the stroller. So the next day, we just let him nap in the stroller and all was well. He was happy and the stroller nap worked wonders for him. Same for our two younger boys. So I don't think going back to the resort is a mistake for everyone - for some it works really well and IS essential. But I needed to let go of the idea that it was necessary for our kids.

Now we're entirely out of the nap stage, but we take a swim break at our resort just to have some down time away from the parks. I think the moral of the story is to give something a try, but be willing to change it (and continue changing it!) if it doesn't work for you.

Our boys are now ages 5, 12 and 13, but when our oldest was a toddler, I thought it was essential to take him back to the resort for a nap. So I took our toddler back to CSR on my own while everyone else stayed at MK. He was way too worked up to nap, but I spent the afternoon in our room trying to get him to fall asleep. It was frustrating. Hours later, I gave up and walked around the resort - he fell asleep in the stroller. So the next day, we just let him nap in the stroller and all was well. He was happy and the stroller nap worked wonders for him. Same for our two younger boys. So I don't think going back to the resort is a mistake for everyone - for some it works really well and IS essential. But I needed to let go of the idea that it was necessary for our kids.

Now we're entirely out of the nap stage, but we take a swim break at our resort just to have some down time away from the parks. I think the moral of the story is to give something a try, but be willing to change it (and continue changing it!) if it doesn't work for you.

We NEVER leave the parks for naps. They always napped well in strollers and we didn't have a chunk of our day spent in transportation. :)

When we went to Disney World earlier this month we were super prepared and had the best time of our lives.

One of the things I wanted to do was try a Dole Whip the first day we were at MK. Didn't happen. Second time there... Didn't happen. Third time at MK... Didn't happen. On the last day (4th time at MK) I told my wife that trying a Dole Whip was a priority and it was going to happen.

Well I did get that Dole Whip. I had a taste, my two boys had a taste, my wife had a taste. That Dole Whip was devoured like we were cave people eating a turkey leg!!!! It was Awesome!!!

I wish we would have tried one on day 1!!!!! If we had I can guarantee that the snack credits would have been used up way before our last day at the parks. So next time we go and have the opportunity to try something new earlier in the week we will!

First thing on the agenda next December when we go back is hitting up the Dole Whip stand!

We stayed at GF earlier this month and because of the transportation issues with the Monorail and our particular situation, I don't think we will stay at a Monorail hotel until the issues have been addressed and rectified. It's just not worth the extra expense and the frustration to us.

We stayed at GF earlier this month and because of the transportation issues with the Monorail and our particular situation, I don't think we will stay at a Monorail hotel until the issues have been addressed and rectified. It's just not worth the extra expense and the frustration to us.

Three times the charm: After our third stay at Bay Lake Tower, I discovered that walking to the MK was seemingly shorter than taking the Monorail.

I will add, weather permitted.

We mostly walk to/from HS & EP when staying at the Boardwalk hotels.

The less we use Disney transportation, the fewer complaints we seem to have.

All in all, and despite a few fiascoes, we still find Disney transportation fairly reliable.:drive:

I've been to the park too many times to count (25...30 plus?) and just tried my FIRST Dole Whip in October 2012. :upsidedow

I will not waste a park ticket on our arrival day, no matter how early we get to WDW.

We arrived @ MCO around 9:30a and were in DHS by 1:00p. By 3p we were all EXHAUSTED and ready for bed. We woke the girls up @ 3:45a to get to the airport for our 7am flight out and we were all ready to be done for the day, but we stuck it out until 8:30p.

It was our first time and I wanted to do as much as possible in 5 days, but I really wish we used the arrival day to explore our resort and let the girls swim and play at the resort.

Next time we won't fly out so early, so we can all sleep in, and we'll hang out at the resort and maybe go to DTD on our arrival day -- no more heading straight to a park!

I am embarassed to say that after more trips to the World than I can count, I have never even heard of a Dole Whip, let alone ate one! Oh the humanity!!!!!!:eek::crazy2: In fact, I never even heard of it before I hit the DIS last year. Maybe because I don't spend a lot of time at the MK (the DH hates it and we tend to stick to a more "adult" Mouse trip). Someone PLEASE save me from my Dole Whip ignorance!!!!:worship:

Despite the fact that I've stalked these boards and have learned so much, this past trip I felt like I made a lot of mistakes. We had too many dinner reservations that caused us to leave the parks early. We also made the big mistake of not getting to the parks at rope drop. I am chalking it up to the fact that my in laws were with us and that stressed me out greatly :sad2: I have vowed that next time will be better and we HAVE to plan another trip to make up for it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter