Mission Space="E" ride?

Aisling

<font color=darkorchid>Where your mind goes, your
I've read that Mission Space is an E ride. What does that mean? I know it has nothing to do with E nights, but I haven't a clue what it could mean.

When Disney World first opened, you paid a nominal amount to enter the park, but once in, you had to purchase tickets to go on most of the attractions. The attractions were divided into 5 groups according to popularity. An "E ticket" attraction was the very best, and of course, cost the most to ride. Some examples of "E ticket" attractions back then were Country Bear Jamboree, Haunted Mansion, and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. The name stuck even after they did away with the tickets a few years later and went with the one price includes attractions admission. Now they honor the history of the E Ticket attractions with E ticket nights where they open some of the most popular rides, along with others that may not be as popular for an extra admission fee. The tickets are limited, and the E ticket nights are only offered periodically to resort guests with multiday passes. The attractions currently open for E ticket nights usually include:
Country Bear Jamboree, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Alien Encounter, Tomorrowland Transit Authority, and Astro Orbiter. I have been there when Pirates of the Caribbean has been included, but usually it is only if one of the others isn't.

"E ticket" attractions are the headliner attractions of today and have included over the years:
Pirates of the Caribbean, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain
Haunted Mansion, Country Bear Jamboree, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Alien Encounter
Test Track and Honey I Shrunk the Audience are considered some of their most popular, and therefore E ticket at Epcot
ToT and RnR are considered E ticket rides in MGM, as at one time Star Tours and Indiana Jones were.
Dinosaur, Kali River Rapids, Primeval Whirl, Tough to Be a Bug, Kilomanjaro Safaris and Festival of the Lion King would be considered an E ticket item today.

Hope this helps explain a little!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter