Missing : One Attraction!!!!

ACPR

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

off on my 4th trip to DLP in under a week, however encountered a mystery last week.

While watching a travel show on DLP, they mentioned a ride in Studios, a "design you own rollercoaster" type simulator. I couldnt catch the date on the program, but the references were a few years old, so I dont know whether it isnt there, but I have never heard anyone I know mention it before, or seen any references in disney literature etc.

Can any shed any lite?

Many Thanks

Never seen or heard of it in the 5 times we have been nor in any of the books I have read (all of the!). There is a PC programme of that name, that's all I know!

Yep, it's there! It's called Cyberspace Mountain and it's in the little room at the end of the Television Production Tour at Walt Disney Studios. :)

You go to a little terminal, swipe your park entrance ticket, and are able to design your own rollercoaster on a computer screen. It calculates a scary rating from 1-5 and you can choose whether or not to accept it. You then go up some steps and queue to ride your rollercoaster in a simulator - you can then change the scary rating if you want to!

It's very clever but I had a bit of a bad experience with it - which was entirely my fault, might I add!

Read about it in my trip report here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=841009 (it's in the second post - part two!)

Can't believe I never saw this!!

Can you design it but not ride it? I'm a thrill ride-a-phobe but I like the idea of designing one!

Still can't believe I have never seen this - makes me wonder what else I may have missed :scared1:

Thanks Bonnie, much appreciated.

Will heed your advice, but got to give it a go. One of first stops on Wednesday !!

Take care all.

Steve,
We've done this at Disney Quest many times. It's a simulator ride, & you can design a very calm ride, if you choose. Just design the coaster of your dreams, then erase it & design one you are willing to ride. ;)

I have also done this at WDW's Disney Quest. You can go to a terminal and design your own outer space roller coaster. A #1 coaster is very mild and increases to a #5 which is "out of this world". We had the CM design a #5 for us and he just kept smiling and asking if we were sure. When the design is completed, you step into a room with a round simulator that resembles a wheel of cheese standing on its edge. There are two seats in the simulator and each seat is equipped with a "panic button" should you decide the ride is too intense. At Disney Quest there are monitors outside each room so the other members in your party can watch you ride. My DDs rode a #1 and watched my DH and I ride the #5. After the ride, they said that we were upside down so much that they couldn't see my face because my hair kept falling over it. The ride last about 90 seconds and all of those 90 seconds were intense in the #5 coaster. Not as intense as Mission Space but definitely not for those with motion sickness.

tarheelmjfan said:
Steve,
We've done this at Disney Quest many times. It's a simulator ride, & you can design a very calm ride, if you choose. Just design the coaster of your dreams, then erase it & design one you are willing to ride. ;)

That sounds like a good idea - straight track anyone? :teeth:

We didn't manage to find it even though we knew it was there - do you have to do the Televison Production Tour first or can you just go straight to the Cyber Space Mountain Bonnie ? :earsgirl:

I think you do have to go through the tour first, though I'm not 100% sure. I think they like to keep the numbers down so that everyone gets a chance at trying everything. When we left there was a gate that the CM needed to open to let us out, so I don't think you can get in that way - not sure, though.

It's right at the end of the Television Production Tour. There's a room you can go in first (I think it's called Zapping Zone) but if you go a bit further down the corridor (before entering the Zapping Zone), there's another door with Cyberspace Mountain and some dance games, I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter