Minnie Vans

Ok , Cause we wanted to go to Magic Kingdom after the Hoop dee Doo, I guess we need to take the boat to MK is the best way.
For certain. Would be much easier too, since the boat dock is right there near Pioneer Hall.

We really liked using the Minnie Vans. I typically don't like to take the Disney buses (don't like the unknown and sometimes lengthy wait, too crowded sometimes, multiple stops, etc.) so will use Uber or have taken a cab a few times. Last trip we had a couple of unpleasant Uber trips--in one our driver got lost trying to go from Animal Kingdom to Yacht Club and we ended up taking a detour through the back lot and parking area of Hollywood Studios, and in the second there were chicken wing bones in the car floor. The Minnie Vans were clean and drivers pleasant so I didn't mind paying the additional amounts. All that said, the cost can add up if you tour like us and do a bunch of park hopping and eating at different parks.

We are planning on using it to get from BLT to one of the water parks. Having to take two buses is ridiculous. I'm guessing it takes about an hour or so by bus for a 15 min ride.

We used the MV 4 times in our nine day trip. Twice is was to get to TL, the bus system for getting there is way too time consuming. We were meeting people at TL and we were at Epcot, it look almost two hours to get there via bus, so we just used MV after that. Also getting from Resort to resort, it was much easier. My dad was staying at POR and we were at AKL, he came for a visit and to watch football, it was so worth the money to ease his transporation back to his resort.

No. You have to be a registered guest at one of the participating resorts first. Then you are good to go for duration of Minnie Van existence, even if you do not stay at a participating resort again.

I know you've explained the unlocking of a Minnie van a few times now , but I'm still confused o_O we are staying at the Poly, if I activate at the Poly get to DS by bus and want to use a MV to come back to the poly can I do that? Thank you!

I know you've explained the unlocking of a Minnie van a few times now , but I'm still confused o_O we are staying at the Poly, if I activate at the Poly get to DS by bus and want to use a MV to come back to the poly can I do that? Thank you!
Yes, you will be able to do that.

In our case, the day we checked in to BWI, we got the following message on MDE app
DFDC1332-DE14-480E-84E1-A6F9AC50B385.png

Others have said they did not get the message. If you get the message, just follow the prompts, instructions and you'll be all set to use the service. If you don't get the message, stop by Bell Services at the Poly and they will add the service to your Lyft account.

Thank you all for the replies - I have learned so much! I will check in with Bell Services to touch base with them on the ECV procedures. I think it will be well worth the $$ for my 88 year old Dad to travel in comfort. Though I will say, the cabs we took in years prior were good as well.

Yes, you will be able to do that.

In our case, the day we checked in to BWI, we got the following message on MDE app
DFDC1332-DE14-480E-84E1-A6F9AC50B385.png

Others have said they did not get the message. If you get the message, just follow the prompts, instructions and you'll be all set to use the service. If you don't get the message, stop by Bell Services at the Poly and they will add the service to your Lyft account.
Thank you! You are always so helpful! Even when I’ve asked a repeat of a question!

We used Minnie Vans three times on the trip we just returned from (4/8-4/16) and LOVED them...so much so that I have finally convinced my H not to rent a car anymore on future trips. Also, not sure if this is already common knowledge or not, but now you can use Minnie Van service to go from your hotel to MCO (arrange through the concierge), and we were told by one of our Minnie Van drivers (one of the inaugural hires for the service) that you will soon be able to use the service to pick you up from MCO as well (he said they were in training for it this week). This was music to my H's ears, as he hates the Magical Express (and we both dislike the buses). We were advised that the to/from MCO trips will cost $150...but even times two, that's still less than we've been paying to rent a car. And because we're doing a split stay between WL and BC on our next trip, we'll only need to use the MV service to get to the AK...so we should still come out ahead money-wise. :)

We used Minnie Vans three times on the trip we just returned from (4/8-4/16) and LOVED them...so much so that I have finally convinced my H not to rent a car anymore on future trips. Also, not sure if this is already common knowledge or not, but now you can use Minnie Van service to go from your hotel to MCO (arrange through the concierge), and we were told by one of our Minnie Van drivers (one of the inaugural hires for the service) that you will soon be able to use the service to pick you up from MCO as well (he said they were in training for it this week). This was music to my H's ears, as he hates the Magical Express (and we both dislike the buses). We were advised that the to/from MCO trips will cost $150...but even times two, that's still less than we've been paying to rent a car. And because we're doing a split stay between WL and BC on our next trip, we'll only need to use the MV service to get to the AK...so we should still come out ahead money-wise. :)
Do you need the car seat option? If not, Uber is WAAAAAYYYY cheaper to get to/from MCO. We already use it. Runs about $30 each way.

Do you need the car seat option? If not, Uber is WAAAAAYYYY cheaper to get to/from MCO. We already use it. Runs about $30 each way.

No, we don't need the car seat. Thanks for the Uber idea! I'll talk to my H about it, and maybe he can convince me this time...he uses Uber/Lyft all the time for work, but I never have because I'm old school and just don't trust it yet. I feel much better knowing that my driver is an "official" Disney employee and therefore more accountable/traceable. I've been told by many that my fears are unfounded, but I've just been slow to trust these new ways of doing things like Uber/Lyft/AirB&B, etc. I think I read too much news and have heard too many horror stories, lol! But I might feel better about Uber if my H is in the car with me...will have to give it some thought.

Does anyone know if you can use Lyft codes or credits for the Minnie vans? Considering one to get to animal kingdom and hs early magic hours this summer, not sure I want to chance the busses at 6am. And I need two cars seats, or one rear facing car seat and a booster, so Uber+ car seat is out.

Does anyone know if you can use Lyft codes or credits for the Minnie vans? Considering one to get to animal kingdom and hs early magic hours this summer, not sure I want to chance the busses at 6am. And I need two cars seats, or one rear facing car seat and a booster, so Uber+ car seat is out.
Yes you can

No, we don't need the car seat. Thanks for the Uber idea! I'll talk to my H about it, and maybe he can convince me this time...he uses Uber/Lyft all the time for work, but I never have because I'm old school and just don't trust it yet. I feel much better knowing that my driver is an "official" Disney employee and therefore more accountable/traceable. I've been told by many that my fears are unfounded, but I've just been slow to trust these new ways of doing things like Uber/Lyft/AirB&B, etc. I think I read too much news and have heard too many horror stories, lol! But I might feel better about Uber if my H is in the car with me...will have to give it some thought.
Something to keep in mind, at Disney we've gotten quite a few Lyft and Uber drivers who are off duty CM. Many told us they drive for a few hours following their shift, if they have nothing that they need to rush home for. One time one of our drivers was even a Disney security guard. It's not all of them of course, but quite a few

I really wonder about the tip thing, does Disney pool the tips? There seems no practical way the driver would get the tip through the Lyft app, can't the drivers be assigned any car #? And then another driver gets it X hours later? I remember the chance to tip popping up and tweeting Disneyworld today asking where exactly the tip money was going and they contacted Minnie Van who came back with a "please don't tip" response. No one owned up to where the money was actually going. We're so accustomed to tipping it makes sense they just caved on the tip is included policy but I think I'd stick with cash unless someone knows the driver actually gets the tip from the app?

They do get the tip from the app. All the CM drivers have Lyft accounts just like a normal Lyft driver. It's how they get tips and feedback.
Well now that makes sense! Ok, I hated the idea of fumbling around for tip cash, I feel much better now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter