Minnie Vans to return June 29th

lanejudy

According to the Disney Parks Blog, Minnie Van service will resume June 29th - including the accessible Minnie Vans.

Disney Minnie Van Service retuning June 29, 2022

Disney Minnie Van Service Connected by Lyft – Returning June 29!

Let’s start with one of the cutest Disney transportation options, Minnie Vans. This private car service will roll back in on June 29, 2022, and guests can enjoy being driven around property by expert, specially trained cast members. Panelist Diana V. reminds us, “One of my favorite things about visiting Walt Disney World is that I don’t have to worry about driving during my vacation!”

Minnie Van Service is one of the most convenient and personalized transportation options to choose from – with quick, point-to-point drop-offs and pick-ups around Walt Disney World, at prices that vary by route. It’s easy: Book by just opening your Lyft App and selecting a Minnie Van vehicle to pick you up! Guests can also use the app to request an Accessible Minnie Van, as needed, and each Minnie Van comes equipped with two complimentary car seats for your littlest travelers.

If I call for an Accessable Mini Van.....will that hold an ECV/Scooter? also, will I have to put the Scooter in the van?
Assuming they are the same or similar to the old ones, they have a lift or ramp in the back and csn load an ECV or wheelchair.
The driver will deploy the lift or ramp and you drive straight in. The driver secures your wheelchair or ECV. Getting off, the driver deploys the ramp or van and you back straight off

How many people can the accessible van hold? My husband and I are traveling with my mom in August who will have a scooter.

Assuming they are the same or similar to the old ones, they have a lift or ramp in the back and csn load an ECV or wheelchair.
The driver will deploy the lift or ramp and you drive straight in. The driver secures your wheelchair or ECV. Getting off, the driver deploys the ramp or van and you back straight off
Very cool! I'm sure they charge more and are harder to get but I'm willing to give it a try! thank you!

I read on the Disney web site that you need to give them 45-60 min lead time to bring an accessible van. Do they send a notification when they are close? I would rather be wandering in the gift shop or sitting in the nice lobby then outside in the heat for 45 min.

edit - I found the answer .. you can track them on the Lyft app. Also, on the Disney website, it no longer says to give them 45-60 min.

Last edited:
can you use Disney giftcards to pay for a Minnie van? I'm thinking maybe not since they're operated by Lyft?

I read on the Disney web site that you need to give them 45-60 min lead time to bring an accessible van. Do they send a notification when they are close? I would rather be wandering in the gift shop or sitting in the nice lobby then outside in the heat for 45 min.

It's been a couple of years, but in the past, we were able to see (on the app) when the Van was getting close to our destination.

Unless we were trying to get an accessible Van at a peak travel time (like park opening or closing) we usually never waited more than about 25 minutes on average, which is about the same as waiting for a Disney bus.

Very cool! I'm sure they charge more and are harder to get but I'm willing to give it a try! thank you!

No. They charge the same rate as a "regular" Minnie van. I know, because one of my mobility devices folds down to the size of a regular golf bag, so we can use either the accessible van if I am in my wheelchair, or the regular van if I have my personal ECV. The rate was always the same from our Resort to Disney Springs (or back again) regardless of which van we needed to use.

Personally, I am so very happy to hear that they Minnie Vans are coming back! They make a huge difference for our family; we budget for them every trip, so that once at WDW, we have the kind of freedom you get with your own car (or a rental) but without needing to drive in WDW traffic, which can be a bit hair-raising at times.

We have never had a bad driver, or a bad experience with the Minnie Vans.

Let's see... Hoop Dee Do is reopening, the Minnie Vans are back... I think almost all of the major things are "back" now except for Fantasmic at HS, the Dining Plan and the Orchestra at the GF, and some of the paid "experiences" like Pirates and Pals, and high tea at GF. (although I am sure I am missing several things, sadly...)

Last edited:
Does anybody know the going rates for the Minnie Vans? Just a rough estimate since I know cost is based on destinations. Are they comparable in price to regular Lyft rides? Thanks for any info!

This announcement blurb shows screenshots indicating $37, but I'm not sure if that's accurate. When the service first started I believe it was a flat rate anywhere on-property but I'm pretty sure that changed before covid and each ride was priced by destination and also timing (Lyft surge pricing).

Could you use Lyft gift cards? If so the DIS gift card discount thread (not sure of official name) may be worth watching for discounts.
No clue, but I imagine so. But I guess we will all have to wait and see what they are going to do on reopening.

This announcement blurb shows screenshots indicating $37, but I'm not sure if that's accurate. When the service first started I believe it was a flat rate anywhere on-property but I'm pretty sure that changed before covid and each ride was priced by destination and also timing (Lyft surge pricing).
I remember it being a flat rate to anywhere in the beginning, then it changed after a while.
I think I remember the final before they shut down for COVID was a flat rate as a base, then mileage added on based where you were going. I think they also added Lyft surge pricing.

This is great news!! With the Instagram tease saying "summer", we were hoping they'd come back before our July trip. Our daughters ...and my wife ...and me (who am I kidding 😂) are going to be ecstatic about finally getting to ride in one of these.

If I remember correctly, pricing was like other ridesharing apps which is determined by distance you want to travel and time you want to go (more expensive during peak times), but was much more expensive than a regular Lyft/Uber ride.

Does anybody know the going rates for the Minnie Vans? Just a rough estimate since I know cost is based on destinations. Are they comparable in price to regular Lyft rides? Thanks for any info!

they were significantly more expensive than a regular lyft before they shut down with covid

IIRC, the OG accessible minnie vans were Ford Transit Connects that had Rear Entry Braun Lifts similar to this:

CD369F88-C9E4-4AB8-851D-7879B49B4E33.jpeg

Another thing I noticed is in the announcement there was a screenshot of you being able to order an accessible van through the app. Can anyone confirm?8632CFD2-1EE0-410F-A435-01E9E332F232.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter